Elston Howard
Wally Schang
Butch Wynegar
Mike Stanley
Jim Leyritz
Rick Cerone

Slippery Elm
08-10-01, 11:32 PM
Schang only played five years, and wasn't exactly full time. But he was better than Benny Bengough and John Grabowski.

Poor guy came over from the BlowSox - but the Yankees sent him to the Browns just before the '26-'28 pennant run.

You have Posada rated too high, especially as his defense stinks.

And Leyritz was really a DH.

Jimbo
08-10-01, 11:48 PM
Slippery,
These Top 10 threads say who is "your" as in "my" top ten ...what gives with the "Posada Stinks" and this guy is rated to high or too low?...

This is supposed to be for the fun of it.

You might also try posting a Top 10 of your own...which I have yet to see...

One more word for ya...DECAF!

Geeezzz!!!!!!

#1PaFan
08-10-01, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo
Slippery,

Geeezzz!!!!!!

Try it! AND that includes the Decaf! :lol:

Slippery Elm
08-10-01, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo
Slippery,
These Top 10 threads say who is "your" as in "my" top ten ...what gives with the "Posada Stinks" and this guy is rated to high or too low?...

This is supposed to be for the fun of it.

Geeezzz!!!!!!

Looks to me as though YOU are the one in real need of the decaf. I am very calm and mellow. And Posada's 'D' does stink, I say in a very calm and mellow tone.

Gator
08-11-01, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Slippery Elm

And Posada's 'D' does stink, I say in a very calm and mellow tone.

But his 'O' is the best in baseball, this year, for a catcher. Even the absolute best defensive catcher probably only saves, at maximum, 20 runs above an average catcher. Posada more than makes up for his suspect defense this season with his bat and plate discipline.

Slippery Elm
08-11-01, 12:12 AM
I agree. I never said Posada should not be on the list; he was just rated too high.

I wonder if the Yankees need to get him a catching coach to help with the 'D'. (?).

Jimbo
08-11-01, 12:18 AM
Slippery,
You may be mellow but you are arrogant...these threads were meant for folks to have a little fun...I could sit here and pull stats out of a book too...but it would just defeat the pupose of these threads...which you are doing...

Decaf dude decaf...

#1PaFan
08-11-01, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ElDuque110

But his 'O' is the best in baseball, this year, for a catcher. Even the absolute best defensive catcher probably only saves, at maximum, 20 runs above an average catcher. Posada more than makes up for his suspect defense this season with his bat and plate discipline.

Absolutely, 110. Good call.

I'm not one to judge players with a calculator. I really wish some folks watched OTHER teams with some "regularity." I agree with your assessment.

NetShrine.com
08-11-01, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Slippery Elm
I wonder if the Yankees need to get him a catching coach to help with the 'D'. (?).

Glasses and a hands transplant would probably work better.

Elfdood
08-11-01, 11:33 PM
Posada's defense was good in '98 and '00, but bad in '99 and '01. Maybe he can only play defense in even years. :confused: He hits all the time, though - even in '99, when he struggled all around, he was an above average offensive catcher.