PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NASCAR Thread-Let's Go Racing!

allybear
02-20-11, 11:57 AM
Boogity boogity boogity! I know there are a few other fans here, so as we get ready for the Daytona 500, what do you think? Will "five-time" become "six-time"? Will Brad Kezlowski continue fighting? Will I remember the Shell Pennzoil car is Kurt Busch :lol: ?

Ten years since Dale passed...RIP :( (former blue smiley)

Go Harvick! Bring RCR to victory lane today! :)

BroadwayBomber55
02-20-11, 12:28 PM
RIP to the Intimidator, #3 Dale Earnhardt Sr.

10 years ago, he passed away on the same track he won his only Daytona 500.

Mike Helton, NASCAR President, said the tragic words.
"This is understandably one of the toughest announcements we've ever had to make. ... After the accident on Turn 4 of the Daytona 500, we've lost Dale Earnhardt."

b_joseph
02-20-11, 01:00 PM
I usually root for Jimmie but today I am rooting for the 88. Last time I checked, he was moving up the field...hopefully he can avoid the eventual wrecks later on.

fredgmuggs
02-20-11, 02:20 PM
Watching a couple cars pushing each other around is about as entertaining as watching a little old lady pushing her shopping carriage into another little old lady on senior citizen day at the supermarket. I'm not sure what this is but it isn't auto racing.

b_joseph
02-20-11, 02:53 PM
Watching a couple cars pushing each other around is about as entertaining as watching a little old lady pushing her shopping carriage into another little old lady on senior citizen day at the supermarket. I'm not sure what this is but it isn't auto racing.
The fact they half the field can wreck at any moment on this track makes it exciting, IMO.

YankeeGalSC
02-21-11, 06:06 AM
I'm glad Trevor Bayne won. What a way to start his NASCAR career!

35Knucklecurve
02-21-11, 08:15 AM
I'm glad Trevor Bayne won. What a way to start his NASCAR career!
Listening to the conversation between him and the pit after he crossed the finish line was great. He didn't even know where victory lane was. I love it. What a birthday present.

GordonGecko
02-21-11, 09:39 AM

It's fun to see in person. I used to be a big Formula 1 & Indy Car fan, but then F1 became a joke and Indy Car broke apart and split into the IRL because of bickering. I never got into following NASCAR but if you ever get a chance to go to a race, you gotta take advantage it's pure awesomeness

RhodyYanksFan
02-21-11, 09:51 AM
The fact they half the field can wreck at any moment on this track makes it exciting, IMO.

And we have SportsCenter to show us that 25 seconds of excitement so it saves me 3 hours of watching cars drive in a circle.

fredgmuggs
02-21-11, 09:57 AM
It's fun to see in person. I used to be a big Formula 1 & Indy Car fan, but then F1 became a joke and Indy Car broke apart and split into the IRL because of bickering. I never got into following NASCAR but if you ever get a chance to go to a race, you gotta take advantage it's pure awesomeness

I'm commenting more on the racing style the took place at Daytona this year with two cares essentially attaching themselves to each other like a pair of horseshoe crabs mating. I didn't care for it at all.

b_joseph
02-21-11, 01:30 PM
And we have SportsCenter to show us that 25 seconds of excitement so it saves me 3 hours of watching cars drive in a circle.
You could say that about any sport...just waiting for the highlights. Part of the fun is not knowing when something is going to happen.

Its not everyones cup of tea. But I love it.

35Knucklecurve
02-22-11, 01:32 PM
I'm commenting more on the racing style the took place at Daytona this year with two cares essentially attaching themselves to each other like a pair of horseshoe crabs mating. I didn't care for it at all.
I wasn't sure what the heck that was at first either - a new version of drafting. I listened to Carl Edwards' interview after the race and he said it was WILD out there. He couldn't believe he'd only gone 22 laps - felt more like 300. If they keep having half of the field wiped out, it won't last long.

MassNYYfan
05-29-11, 10:02 PM
Color me crazy but the only reason there wasn't a caution flag on that last restart is because NASCAR knew Junior didn't have enough gas for another shot at the green-white-checkered finish.

/conspiracy

YankeeGalSC
05-31-11, 06:48 AM
Color me crazy but the only reason there wasn't a caution flag on that last restart is because NASCAR knew Junior didn't have enough gas for another shot at the green-white-checkered finish.

/conspiracy

Haha...that's what he gets. He is SO overrated.