PDA

View Full Version : VCR alert for Munson/Murcer fans

nyygik
08-06-01, 05:36 AM
Monday afternoon at 3:30, ESPN Classics will show the game played 22 years ago today in which Bobby Murcer almost single-handedly led the Yankees to a comeback win over the Orioles on the same day as Munson's funeral.

NetShrine.com
08-06-01, 07:00 AM
Thank you!

Winger03
08-06-01, 07:47 AM
Can someone drop a tape in the old VCR, I'd like to see it, but I don't have Classic on my GD cable system.

Thanks---

Jimbo
08-06-01, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the heads up...

JeanC
08-10-01, 01:56 PM
I would love to see it as long as it doesnt interfere with a daygame should we have one next Monday!

:D

nyygik
08-10-01, 02:41 PM
Sorry JeanC, the game was on last Monday August 6th.

okieyankee
08-10-01, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I got to see it last week. I had forgotten the emotion of the day. Murcer and Pinella hugging after the home run, the emotion in the stands and the dramatic double by Bobby to end the game. The O's just walked off the field thinking that it was destiny.

I don't mind saying I was a little misty eyed watching the show -- even 22 years later and knowing what happened.

It was special.!!

nyygik
08-10-01, 05:02 PM
Yes it was very emotional. I remember the highlights, like Murcer's HR and game winning hit in the 9th. Watching it again reminded me of things that I had forgotten about. Like that was Murcer's first homerun since his return to the team. And that the game wasn't supposed to air in New York, but Steinbrenner lifted the blackout. But I still don't know who the winning pitcher was. They showed Guidry finishing the 8th, but they edited out the top of the 9th. Does anyone remember if he pitched a complete game and got the win? And if not, who did?