PDA

View Full Version : NFL price fixing on ticketmaster

Stanesq
09-08-10, 08:28 PM
A friend of mine who has Jets and Giants season tickets told me he is listing his seats on ticketmaster's NFL ticket exchange. Evidently the NFL ticket exchage will not allow them to list them below a set minimum price, which is face. They can only sell for face or above.

NyQuil
09-08-10, 10:12 PM
That is correct.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-08-10, 10:17 PM
Perhaps so people don't decide to buy below face value tickets for all eight games, rather than get season tickets? :dunno: Beats me.

GordonGecko
09-10-10, 10:51 AM
A friend of mine who has Jets and Giants season tickets told me he is listing his seats on ticketmaster's NFL ticket exchange. Evidently the NFL ticket exchage will not allow them to list them below a set minimum price, which is face. They can only sell for face or above.
Yeah that's why it's useless as a secondary market. Buyers can't get market value, and sellers can't unload their dogs. I have $25 corner mezzanine Knicks tickets. Sideline mezzanine cost $40. On the ticketmaster exchange I can't list my corner for less than $40. So if a buyer has $40 to spend and they have the choice between corner and side on the same level, which do you think they're going to choose??

RhodyYanksFan
09-10-10, 11:01 AM
Yeah that's why it's useless as a secondary market. Buyers can't get market value, and sellers can't unload their dogs. I have $25 corner mezzanine Knicks tickets. Sideline mezzanine cost $40. On the ticketmaster exchange I can't list my corner for less than $40. So if a buyer has $40 to spend and they have the choice between corner and side on the same level, which do you think they're going to choose??

That's your fault for actually buying Knicks tickets. ;)

GordonGecko
09-10-10, 11:04 AM
That's your fault for actually buying Knicks tickets. ;)
haha. Well at $25 I can't go wrong, I usually break even on the tickets and pocket all the freebies (memorabilia, food, gift shop credit) and get to go on the court with my kid / meet players