PDA

View Full Version : August 9, 2010: Boston at Yankees Pregame and Lineups

EvanJ
08-09-10, 10:43 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/7624/game-111-red-sox-yankees says:

"Jeter, SS
Swisher, RF
Teixeira, 1B
Rodriguez, 3B
Cano, 2B
Posada, C
Thames, DH
Kearns, LF
Granderson, CF

Hughes, RHP"

THEBOSS84
08-09-10, 10:45 AM
I don't understand why Granderson is playing and Gardner isn't. Gardner actually knows how to hit a lefty.

Also, I don't like the way Berkman automatically sits vs LHP. He's had a bad year but a much better career vs LHP.

JOBA RULES
08-09-10, 10:51 AM
I don't understand why Granderson is playing and Gardner isn't. Gardner actually knows how to hit a lefty.

Also, I don't like the way Berkman automatically sits vs LHP. He's had a bad year but a much better career vs LHP.

I agree Kearns stinks...Should of been Gardner...I don't mind Thames DH'ing seeing how brutal Berk has been against lefties this year.

JSG
08-09-10, 11:47 AM

YO bosstradamus, my thoughs via the girardi thread, too lazy to rethink it again .......

i actually like this lineup alot, including leaving jorge and a rod in there. we now face FOUR (!!) LHPs in a row, so girardi will have to mix and match his platoons based on matchups. granderson has struggled more vs cj wilson (tomorrow) than lester (albeit in 2 AB SSS), so my guess is curtis sits tomorrow nite. plus, brett has really struggled from the plate, so resting BG doesn't seem like a bad idea. and curtis hits #9 in deference to his general LHP suckitude.

Yankee Tripper
08-09-10, 12:51 PM
I don't understand why Granderson is playing and Gardner isn't. .
Might have something to do with Gardner's 2-22 August with 0 BB and 9 Ks.
Or that his aveage has dropped from .322 on june 22 to .283 now.

True grandy sucks against lefties too but with the addition of Kearns I kind of expect one of Granderson/Gardner to sit v most lefites and they will likely alternate those days on the pine. Just a guess.

YESSIR!
08-09-10, 01:28 PM
Might have something to do with Gardner's 2-22 August with 0 BB and 9 Ks.
Or that his aveage has dropped from .322 on june 22 to .283 now.

True grandy sucks against lefties too but with the addition of Kearns I kind of expect one of Granderson/Gardner to sit v most lefites and they will likely alternate those days on the pine. Just a guess.

Agreed. Gardner has been struggling badly for the last couple weeks. He could use a day off.

THEBOSS84
08-09-10, 03:43 PM
So you guys still want Granderson in there instead of Gardner.

Disgusting.

Yankees47
08-09-10, 03:46 PM
So you guys still want Granderson in there instead of Gardner.

Disgusting.

your right its so frustrating the yankees buying that hes a everyday player. Even though hes fast, he is not a good defensive outfielder and he has never been a good hitter either. He just wowed people because he played in big comerica park and had many triples, covered a lot of ground in that spacious outfield and displayed power. hes nothing but a 4th outfielder and always has.

Curmudgeon
08-09-10, 05:58 PM
Granderson sucks and ought to be benched. Permanently. He belongs on a losing team where he can hit .240 and nobody cares.

And Girardi should be fired for not pinch hitting Berkman for Granderson in the 7th.