PDA

View Full Version : Our Pitchers so far...

coachtsurfing
06-03-10, 05:17 AM
I was a little worried about our pitching and even thought we needed to go get an Oswalt or someone else to become our 5th starter. And I know we've been facing some basement teams lately, and we're only in the first quarter of the season, but the starters are looking pretty good. The big surprise has been CC. I think he'll come around. Hughes is making everyone that said keep him real good. If we don't change a thing, I think we can have 4 starting pitchers for the playoffs and not have to go with three. The big question is our set-up pitchers and closers. It might be time to start looking for relief pitchers. and would it hurt to start grooming a closer??? Unless you guys think Joba is the answer.
Andy Pettitte 7-1 2.48 era
Phil Hughes 7-1 2.45
A.J. Burnett 6-2 3.48
CC Sabathia 4-3 4.16
J. Vazquez 4-5 6.00

Gigi Buffon
06-03-10, 05:39 AM
Acquiring relief pitchers is generally a fruitless exercise. I'd rather they look into acquiring an OFer with something left but available via salary dump from a non-contender.

coachtsurfing
06-03-10, 07:45 AM
Acquiring relief pitchers is generally a fruitless exercise. I'd rather they look into acquiring an OFer with something left but available via salary dump from a non-contender.

Another bat would be nice, but look most of the games we've lost. It's because of blown leads.

BRNXBMRS
06-03-10, 07:52 AM
I'd rather search internally for relief help, the RP's are usually hit or miss when you trade for them.

Curmudgeon
06-03-10, 08:38 AM
Vasquez has had two decent outings out of the last three, so I think he's starting to come around, and I expect CC to come around as well.

coachtsurfing
06-03-10, 09:50 AM
Vasquez has had two decent outings out of the last three, so I think he's starting to come around, and I expect CC to come around as well.

Not too worried about cc. he normally faces the oppositions best pitcher, our bats just need to help out. I'm glad we have a stretch of below .500 teams to help out with Vasquez.

CoyoteYankee
06-03-10, 11:47 AM
Not too worried about cc. he normally faces the oppositions best pitcher, our bats just need to help out. I'm glad we have a stretch of below .500 teams to help out with Vasquez.

CC's problems haven't been because he has been facing the oppositions best pitcher. It's not like he's losing games 1-0 or 2-1 or something. He's been getting hit pretty hard.

That said, I'm not worried about him either. I think he just flip flopped his usual April and May for some reason. I expect him to get back on track, starting today.

ring403
06-03-10, 12:11 PM
If they can all stay healthy, this is the best top to bottom rotation in the league.

BRNXBMRS
06-04-10, 09:43 AM
If they can all stay healthy, this is the best top to bottom rotation in the league.
What about the RedSox? :D