Jim F.
05-21-10, 09:55 AM
Please see:

http://www.nyyfans.com/article.php?sid=9092

:)

-JF

nnysiny
05-21-10, 10:10 AM
wow, SNY? never thought that would happen. good luck, Jim. are the mods going to be the same?

Bern51
05-21-10, 10:22 AM
You've done quite a job over the last 10+ years Jim.

Welcome SNY! Let's go Yankees and umm, go Mets? ;)

Bozidar
05-21-10, 10:25 AM
Thanks for everything, as I said in that other thread in the Suggestion Box. You've essentially given me every old and new friend I've met on this site, and my lawyers will be in contact for exposing us to Brad (now that SNY is behind this, we may be able to get some cash with a lawsuit, yay!)

4bronxbombers
05-21-10, 10:26 AM
I hope this doesn't turn out like the YES board. That's my only fear.

That said, I really do hope it stays the same. Thanks Jim and Deb for everything......I've met some of my best friends on this site. :)

Jim F.
05-21-10, 10:29 AM
As long as the Mods want to stay on they are welcome :)

BRNXBMRS
05-21-10, 10:31 AM
Yo bro!!! Where's is Joe B!!

Beyle
05-21-10, 11:20 AM

That said, I really do hope it stays the same. Thanks Jim and Deb for everything......I've met some of my best friends on this site. :)

Ditto. I've met some very cool people on this forum.

Thanks for everything, Jim and Deb. :)

Sixty one
05-21-10, 11:20 AM
Thanks for everything, Jim. I've been an active member of this forum since I retired in 2001 and have enjoyed the comments and opinions of so many Yankee fans over these nine years and hope to continue for years to come. Jim, you have run a class operation and I wish you the best in the future.....good luck!

alnipper49
05-21-10, 11:23 AM
Jim -

Congrats man

Nip

Sam18
05-21-10, 11:47 AM
New York is about to meet Sam18.

wexy
05-21-10, 11:48 AM
Impressive Jim. If I get to keep the columns, are we salaried ;-)

bigjf
05-21-10, 11:49 AM
Does this mean we'll get to chat with Keith?

xenadanielle
05-21-10, 11:52 AM
Big news. :)

Thanks, Jim.

Like a lot of us, I've made a lot of great friends here. This is my online comfort zone. Cheers!

DontHateOnNumber2
05-21-10, 12:02 PM
Congrats Jim. I've enjoyed my time on here and hope to continue enjoying my time on here. Hopefully you got paiiiiiiid.

Eldee5
05-21-10, 12:03 PM
Thank you so much for all your work over the years, Jim. It's much appreciated.

JfromJersey
05-21-10, 12:46 PM
Jim, thanks for all the hard work you put in over the years on behalf of NYYFans.

krystl
05-21-10, 12:55 PM
Thanks for this site, Jim and Deb. It's been a daily "water cooler" for me for over 8 years now and I've made some really good friends. :)

whiffleball
05-21-10, 12:55 PM
Wow, thanks for everything Jim and Deb. Sorry to see control changed.

Now the important question, what is going to change? I assume they will transfer the site to their servers to reduce cost? Name will stay the same?

Hey SNY, I will not cheer for the Mets!

fredgmuggs
05-21-10, 12:58 PM
Jim, thanks for creating and running this place - and for allowing me to hang out and be part of such a great community. I may have grumbled about things from time to time but there isn't any other site I would rather be at. You have my sincere appreciation. All the best to you. And once again - thanks for everything.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
05-21-10, 01:02 PM
NESN was unavailable?

Kidding. :D

Bleacher_Creature
05-21-10, 01:13 PM
Thanks Jim and Good luck!

ojo
05-21-10, 01:26 PM
your baby is all grown up!

many thanks for your countless hours of work.

keith

Maynerd
05-21-10, 01:40 PM
Jim, thanks for creating and running this place - and for allowing me to hang out and be part of such a great community. I may have grumbled about things from time to time but there isn't any other site I would rather be at. You have my sincere appreciation. All the best to you. And once again - thanks for everything.What he said.

Hildy910
05-21-10, 01:40 PM
Goodness! Congratulations! I have enjoyed the camaraderie of NYYfans for years, and thank you for working so hard to give so many of us such a great community.

OlgMvp
05-21-10, 01:52 PM
Screw the Mets.

Yankee Tripper
05-21-10, 01:56 PM
Thanks, this has been a cool place to hang out. Hope it stays that way.

flymick24
05-21-10, 02:00 PM
i wonder if mets fans are as perverted as yankee fans

Hitman23
05-21-10, 02:02 PM
Hey Jim for what it's worth no matter how this turns out thanks for giving me a place to go every day for the last 8 or so years. :gulp:

Hellsing
05-21-10, 02:12 PM
Does this mean I need to tattoo my other testicle with Mr. Met's visage?

Casey at the Bat
05-21-10, 02:18 PM
Well, out of all the boards that I have ever used on the web (and that is about 6 right now) this site is the only one that I have ever felt that I enjoyed nough to donate to. I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. I've done my best to give when I could, and maybe even when I shouldn't, because I enjoyed it that much. I hope nothing truly changes, except that I get access back to the GDTs. :)

good job Jim.

23jordan
05-21-10, 02:41 PM
By far the best board I've been apart of and the best community out there. Good luck Jim!

justtxyank
05-21-10, 03:22 PM
I for one would like to welcome our new SNY Overlords!

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
05-21-10, 03:33 PM

Dammit, I just came here to post that.

http://scienceguild.org/wiki/images/b/bd/Insect_overlords.jpg

nnysiny
05-21-10, 03:34 PM
bow down...
http://www.felixlung.com/wp-content/images/HireM.Metforyourweddingorpartyorwhatever_C3D0/Mr.Met_thumb.jpg

Hellsing
05-21-10, 03:36 PM
Bah...all of you are late....

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6794174&postcount=45

penfold
05-21-10, 03:39 PM
Thank you, Jim and Deb, for making this place a real community!

CoyoteYankee
05-21-10, 04:13 PM
Congrats Jim and Deb!

I love this site so much and I appreciate the many years that you kept it afloat!

Good luck to you guys!

groovitude
05-21-10, 04:23 PM
Thank you, Jim and Deb, for all of your hard work and dedication that has made this forum what it is.

And howdy, new landlords.

smr15
05-21-10, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the memories, Jim.

ThaKoolAidKid
05-21-10, 04:50 PM
Haha, this one is a lot more positive than the one in Just Conversation:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=123660

But thanks again, Jim.

Octoberbaby
05-21-10, 05:24 PM
Thanks Jim for giving us this wonderful site to talk about the Yankees and everything else.

TheInfallibleOne
05-21-10, 05:33 PM
My thanks to Jim for letting me vent my sarcasm at will. I just hope the place doesnt become overrun with Muts fans.

hardrain
05-21-10, 06:45 PM
Many thanks to Jim and Deb. Time moves on...I'll always be thankful to have had to chance to write for this site.

AlongCameAPrincess
05-21-10, 06:48 PM
Thank you for creating and maintaining this site for so long! This looks like a good move.

BeantownYankee
05-21-10, 07:36 PM
Thanks Jim for creating this site and all the effort you've put in!!!!
Being stuck up in Boston, it's allowed me to feel like I was still living in Jersey....

SI Baseballman
05-21-10, 07:40 PM
Congrats Jim. Welcome to the Mets family.

machphantom
05-21-10, 08:13 PM
Thanks so much for everything! I've treasured every moment i've spent here.

hardrain
05-21-10, 08:37 PM
Congrats Jim. Welcome to the Mets family.

This is what I am worried about. Many thanks to Jim...but will SNY want to change things here? We've all seen how bad forums are that are "sponsored" by other teams.

Miss Yvonne
05-21-10, 08:48 PM
Can we still say the Mets suck? No? :(

the_coach
05-21-10, 08:51 PM
Does this mean we don't have to read posts about 'my balls hurt' anymore?

ring403
05-21-10, 08:52 PM

Is it still true? YES!

hardrain
05-21-10, 09:16 PM
Does this mean we don't have to read posts about 'my balls hurt' anymore?

You'll have to say "my dangling unmentionables are uncomfortable."

yankeesrule2000
05-21-10, 09:25 PM
Hey Jim, Congrats! I hope this site stays the same..I come on this site every single day, and have done so for almost 10 years!

TheBamTino24
05-21-10, 09:33 PM
This site is a great success story. Congratulations and thank you, Jim F.

Big_E
05-21-10, 09:49 PM
Congrats Jim!

Hope nothing here changes...

CalYankeeFan
05-21-10, 09:54 PM
Congratulations Jim. I've been here pretty much since the beginning but don't get here as much as I would like anymore. This is a great forum and I hope you are right about it not changing much.

Miss Yvonne
05-21-10, 10:06 PM
Is it still true? YES!
:D:D:D

allybear
05-21-10, 10:19 PM
Thanks for everything - I've been here pretty much since the beginning and I really appreciate everything you've done - I've met some of my best friends here and I just hope that SNY lets us continue to hang out and yap about everything and anything.

Best of luck in the future and stop by and visit the new old place sometime!

Ram Man
05-21-10, 10:24 PM
I haven't been here all that long, but I've really enjoyed it. It is a rare place indeed on today's Internet where semi-rational discussions may proceed without assorted doofuses, dorks and d-bags ruining it for everyone. Thanks for maintaining an excellent site.

b-ball-lunachick
05-21-10, 11:05 PM
Jim - thanks for creating this place and keeping it going all these years. :) It's made a huge impact on my life and I'll always be appreciative of that...you must be proud of what this place has become. Congrats and thanks again, Jeanne

-tz
05-22-10, 12:00 AM
Wow, I'm really late getting this news. All I can do is second what everyone else has said. Thanks, Jim!

TheInfallibleOne
05-22-10, 12:08 AM

Nope. No Mention of Y*S Network either.

Tifoso
05-22-10, 12:09 AM
As long as the Mods want to stay on they are welcome :)

Then we're all staying :D

Thanks Jim and Deb. :)

Tifoso
05-22-10, 12:12 AM
Does this mean I need to tattoo my other testicle with Mr. Met's visage?

You have two? Wow, was that rumor ever...errr...overblown

Tifoso
05-22-10, 12:23 AM
CAN WE PLEASE GET THE :wine SMILEY? :mad: :D

patrick.o
05-22-10, 12:24 AM
Thanks for everything, Jim. Best of luck going forward :gulp:

I hope SNY doesn't keep everything the same the same way George was an absentee owner :lol:

Cool Papa B.
05-22-10, 12:28 AM
I've only been on this site for a little more than a year and I think this is the best and most informative NYY site around. And I hope it stays that way. I'll be honest though; it feels wierd that this site will be controlled by SNY (a station controlled by the Mets).

God bless you Jim. I wish you the best!

xenadanielle
05-22-10, 12:31 AM
CAN WE PLEASE GET THE :wine SMILEY? :mad: :D

/cosign!!!

ericns1
05-22-10, 12:42 AM
Congrats - just make sure the Mets don't try to censor us!

yankeesfaninaz
05-22-10, 12:58 AM
good luck with your next adventure and thanks for a place to go when i need my yankees fix.

TheInfallibleOne
05-22-10, 01:01 AM
Congrats - just make sure the Mets don't try to censor us!

All I know is if I have to press 1 for English around here, I'm gonna be pissed!

BxBomber44
05-22-10, 01:27 AM
Wait, so can I still drink here on fridays?

LK8592
05-22-10, 05:49 AM
Wait, so can I still drink here on fridays?

Why should we have to wait til friday?? I say we drink here everyday :D

yankees2287
05-22-10, 06:58 AM
way to go Jim! i might not post as much as everyone else but i really enjoy coming to this site and reading what everyone is posting about!

mr.roy
05-22-10, 08:16 AM
I will add my sincere and heartfelt thank you to Jim, the mods, and ALL posters that have made this the greatest/best Yankee site ever.

The only time I ever cheered for the Mets was the 1986 WS. :)

The Q Bomb
05-22-10, 08:38 AM
Wow! This came out of left field. I have been a member of this site since the old BronxBombers days and have enjoyed being part of this community. I echo all the other forumers who praise you and thank you for this site. I have to be honest, being "taken over" by The Mets' network (and no matter what you call SNY, it still is "The Mets' network") skieves me out - what can you do?

Will you and Deb not be actively involved in site management at all now?

Again, whatever you do - Good Luck - and thanks!

NJ Fan
05-22-10, 08:44 AM
Wow! This came out of left field. I have been a member of this site since the old BronxBombers days and have enjoyed being part of this community. I echo all the other forumers who praise you and thank you for this site. I have to be honest, being "taken over" by The Mets' network (and no matter what you call SNY, it still is "The Mets' network") skieves me out - what can you do?

Exactly my sentiment. I don't post as much as others who have been here since the beginning, but I always read and follow the stories, sagas & banter.

Will be very diffferent around here.

Trish
05-22-10, 08:48 AM
Wow. A core group of us go way way back to the old Yankees.com, and I can honestly say that this place has changed my life. I appreciate everything you've done, Jim.

Yankyfan
05-22-10, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the time and effort you've put into this site ..Best of luck

BronxYanks45
05-22-10, 10:31 AM
congrats Jim, lets all keep this place the same.

does this mean I can get re added to the game day threads please please please?

BillBuckner
05-22-10, 10:52 AM
Congrats Jim. And thanks for all of the hard work you put in for us over the years. :NY:

False1
05-22-10, 11:21 AM
I've only been here a few years but have really enjoyed the community and the debate. Congrats on creating a great community, hopefully you got rewarded properly. Let us know when you start your next Yankee forum. :)

theDurk
05-22-10, 12:24 PM
I've only been here a few years but have really enjoyed the community and the debate. Congrats on creating a great community, hopefully you got rewarded properly. Let us know when you start your next Yankee forum. :)

....which leads to the indiscreet question: Did they make you (Jim) sign a non-compete clause, or is this something that might happen someday? I suspect they did.

ZYanksRule
05-22-10, 04:07 PM
Congrats, Jim. This is a fantastic site, you've done Yankees fans well.

The only connection SNY has to the Mets is the same ownership family. It is NOT the "Mets" station -- I interned at SNY a few years ago, and the Mets actually treat SNY the same way they treat other stations. SNY is a fine network, very impartial. We're not controlled by the Mets station, we're controlled by a sports news station.

JDPNYY
05-22-10, 05:57 PM
I just saw the new SNY Forum Moderators down the hall. They look mean. Like really angry at something. All of them. And they're really big and strong looking, with this bad attitude. I turned around and went back.

bluecountry
05-22-10, 08:34 PM

What's wrong with the YES Board?

How much do you think Jim $$$$$ made.

The Q Bomb
05-22-10, 10:59 PM
Wow. A core group of us go way way back to the old Yankees.com, and I can honestly say that this place has changed my life. I appreciate everything you've done, Jim. Hey, Trish. I haven't seen you post here in ages. You were one of the first posters I noticed "back in the day" - must have been '98. How times have changed...

BronxBaumer
05-22-10, 11:00 PM
Hey, Trish. I haven't seen you post here in ages. You were one of the first posters I noticed "back in the day" - must have been '98. How times have changed...

Really, I see Trish everyday and man does she ever brighten my day.

BronxBaumer
05-22-10, 11:01 PM
What's wrong with the YES Board?

How much do you think Jim $$$$$ made.

My guess is not nearly as much as he's shelled out out of pocket over the last 10 years. Dude was probably spending a few thousand per month by the time it was over.

JDPNYY
05-22-10, 11:07 PM
Jon Hine got at least a million bucks for Jump the Shark.

JavyVazquezIsSick
05-23-10, 07:54 AM
Reminds me of the South Park episode when the Indians (sorry Native Americans), come in and buy South Park out from under them.

YankeePride1967
05-23-10, 08:01 AM
Glad YES didn't take us over. Criticism of the Yankees would be banned!

Nome
05-23-10, 08:37 AM
Jim,

I've been in Florida fishing for the last week, otherwise I'd have posted much sooner.

There is no way that I can fully thank you or express my gratitude to you for starting and maintaining this board. I know that at first it was a labor of love and then just a labor.

This site will never be the same. Even with solid financial backing from the Mets network, they will never be able to manage to keep this site at the same high level that you did.
Thanks for all the good years we all had here

Andy

NelsonMuntz
05-23-10, 10:41 AM
Spend 5 minutes on literally any other sports message board where personal insults and flame wars are the norm, and it's easy to understand why this place is so special to so many people. While tempers occasionally flare up, the overall level of discourse here is unmatched. Thanks Jim for all you hard work to keep the riff raff out of here (not sure how I lasted so long, but I digress). I hope you got a decent payout from SNY. You deserve it.

wexy
05-23-10, 01:39 PM
thank you Jim for everything and the writing gig as well.

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
05-23-10, 02:22 PM
I've only been a member for about 3 1/2-4 years, but I could imagine how much of a thrill it must be for a small forum back in 2000 to see it's current standing today, especially with this SNY move.

Congrats Jim! Thanks for everything.

PuffNettles9
05-24-10, 08:59 AM
MLBAM most likely will get involved here too

effdamets
05-24-10, 09:25 AM
Soooooooo....

Who thinks SNY is going to take one quick look at my username and decide to ban me?

THEBOSS84
05-24-10, 09:28 AM
Interesting news to see first thing on a Monday morning.

Good luck and thanks guys. This place has been great for me for the past 4-5 years.

texasyankee
05-24-10, 09:48 AM
Wow.....SNY? I never thought I'd see the day......amazing...simply, amazing......

krystl
05-24-10, 10:26 AM
Soooooooo....

Who thinks SNY is going to take one quick look at my username and decide to ban me?
:lol:
Nah, you just spelled out your name, Frank Damets. ;)

4bronxbombers
05-24-10, 10:58 AM
Soooooooo....

omg, i forgot about that. :lol:

yankeebot
05-24-10, 11:02 AM
Soooooooo....

I think you might be overestimating our importance. I'm guessing SNY cares about the database and the url and we're individually just just blips on the screen.

Beyle
05-24-10, 11:08 AM

Eldee5
05-24-10, 11:33 AM
Soooooooo....

Jim F.
05-24-10, 11:47 AM
If anything, my involvement here for at least the next year will be greater than it has been in the past several years. It's not in anyone's interest to go make major changes that disrupt things.

-JF

JDPNYY
05-24-10, 11:54 AM
If anything, my involvement here for at least the next year will be greater than it has been in the past several years. It's not in anyone's interest to go make major changes that disrupt things.

-JF

Let's all hope that'll mean you'll post here more often. You're involvement as a regular ole forumer is missed around here.

allybear
05-24-10, 12:18 PM

OMG!!!! :roflmao:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
05-24-10, 12:32 PM
Wow.....SNY? I never thought I'd see the day......amazing...simply, amazing......

Amazins, even.

BronxBaumer
05-24-10, 12:48 PM
F-A-N...let's go mets! bum bum--bum bum.

BronxYanks45
05-24-10, 01:38 PM
was losing to the Mets this past weekend part of the deal? I hope not

jlw1980
05-24-10, 04:22 PM
Amazins, even.:lol:

YankS1302
05-25-10, 09:42 AM
Jim,
Great job. This site is what it is today because of you.
Many thanks.

Go Yanks

JSG
05-25-10, 10:57 PM
....which leads to the indiscreet question: Did they make you (Jim) sign a non-compete clause, or is this something that might happen someday? I suspect they did.

well, tragically, they also likely made him sign a confidentiality clause, under which he could tell you, but would then have to shoot you.