PDA

View Full Version : Beat The Streak

CoyoteYankee
05-06-10, 11:29 AM
Does anyone play this on MLB.com? I just started but you can win up to $3 million. I thought maybe it deserved a thread so people can talk about their picks and their longest streaks and stuff like that. I don't know if this is the right place to put it. If not, feel to move mods.

Yankee Tripper
05-06-10, 11:32 AM
Probably the fantasy section would be better? I used to play but I'd forget to make picks and wind up losing my streak that way.

Beyle
05-06-10, 11:33 AM
Does anyone play this on MLB.com? I just started but you can win up to $3 million. I thought maybe it deserved a thread so people can talk about their picks and their longest streaks and stuff like that. I don't know if this is the right place to put it. If not, feel to move mods.

Hmmm . . . sounds inticing. $3 million? I could use some scratch like that. :)

CoyoteYankee
05-06-10, 11:35 AM
Probably the fantasy section would be better? I used to play but I'd forget to make picks and wind up losing my streak that way.

Yeah, I was thinking that too but that section seemed to be about the NYYFans.com league. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yankeeah
05-06-10, 12:06 PM
I think actually remembering to do this for 56 straight days is worth something. I've tried numerous times, I always forget to make a pick after about 3-4 days

CoyoteYankee
05-06-10, 12:19 PM
I think actually remembering to do this for 56 straight days is worth something. I've tried numerous times, I always forget to make a pick after about 3-4 days

You can make picks a couple of weeks in advance. So you really only have a remember once every two weeks (as long as your picks are good).

It looks like the longest streak has been 49. The longest current streak is 32. There are a few people with 31 right behind that.

jcarey
05-06-10, 04:05 PM
I was doing fine until my dumb ass picked Markakis to get a hit.

CoyoteYankee
05-06-10, 04:09 PM
I was doing fine until my dumb ass picked Markakis to get a hit.

Never pick an Oriole. :lol:

JK -- But Markakis is a good player. It's not like it was a bad pick.

Gringaloca
05-06-10, 04:26 PM
I've been playing this for the last couple of years. I think this is year 3 or 4.

Like others, I'd have a nice little streak going an then forget to make a pick. Usually the 1 pm. week day games mess me up.

I had a 7 game streak going this year until Jorge Cantu knocked me out. Then I left it alone for a week or two. Got a little 3 gamer going right now...Kendry Morales needs a hit tonight...:)

Yankee Tripper
05-06-10, 05:26 PM
You can make picks a couple of weeks in advance. So you really only have a remember once every two weeks (as long as your picks are good).

It looks like the longest streak has been 49. The longest current streak is 32. There are a few people with 31 right behind that.
Did they change it? You used to only be able to make picks about 7 days in advance.

murpjf88
05-06-10, 08:55 PM
Last season, I actually had a streak of 37 in a row. Its really not that hard as long as your doing the picking without relying on the pick of the day. They game me a free months of mlb.tv.

CoyoteYankee
05-06-10, 10:14 PM
Did they change it? You used to only be able to make picks about 7 days in advance.

I guess so. This is my first year playing. I think I made 14 days worth of picks on advance. Or somewhere around there.

CoyoteYankee
05-07-10, 09:09 AM
Woo hoo! I'm at 3! :P

Beyle
05-07-10, 12:47 PM
Oh, crap. I think I missed today's deadline. :(

ace
05-07-10, 03:09 PM
The first day I tried it, I chose Jeter and he was given that day off. I don't know if it counted against me or not, but I never went back to check after that.

teknetic
05-07-10, 03:19 PM
Oh, crap. I think I missed today's deadline. :(

Didn't even last a day huh?

CoyoteYankee
05-07-10, 07:23 PM
Boy it's nice when your player gets a hit in his first AB, saving anxiety. Thanks Grady. Streak of 4! :P

Beyle
05-07-10, 08:17 PM
Didn't even last a day huh?

Actually, I had a computer issue to deal with at work. I lost track of time and forgot to vote. :(

CoyoteYankee- You have to clear up some space in your PM mailbox. I tried to contact you. :lol:

CoyoteYankee
05-07-10, 08:38 PM
Actually, I had a computer issue to deal with at work. I lost track of time and forgot to vote. :(

CoyoteYankee- You have to clear up some space in your PM mailbox. I tried to contact you. :lol:

Oops! Will do.

Beyle
05-07-10, 08:39 PM
Oops! Will do.

I will make my next picks this evening. I have to look to see who I want to choose.

I've never really gotten into the whole Fantasy Baseball stuff. There are just too many teams to keep track of. :lol:

CoyoteYankee
05-08-10, 05:18 PM
Boy it's nice when your player gets a hit in his first AB, saving anxiety. Thanks Grady. Streak of 4! :P

Damn...the game ended up getting rained out so I didn't get credit for Grady's hit. :( Still stuck at 3.