PDA

View Full Version : Contest - The 9th Annual NYYFans.com Prediction Contest

Pages : [1] 2

JDPNYY
03-05-10, 09:13 PM
For the 9th straight year we are proud to present the NYYFans.com Prediction Contest - the 2010 version.

A contest that begins in the beginning of March and ends (hopefully) in early November...

This year's contest is ready and Lou's site has been updated.

Here is the link to the contest:
http://rltranstech.com/nyyfans/

(Thanks Lou!)

Here are the Rules:

You must be a member of the NYYFans forums (http://forums.nyyfans.com/) to participate in this contest. (Fans of any team may particpate.)
If you are not already a member, please sign up (http://forums.nyyfans.com/register.php).
You must remain a posting member of the forums from now through the end of the 2010 baseball season.
Here's how the contest works:
The first section of the contest is a set of simple yes-or-no questions on whether a player will be on the opening day roster. (Note: If a player is on the Disabled List to start the season, he will be counted as a YES as part of the 25 man roster.)
The second section involves Yankee firsts in 2009. Choose the player you feel will attain each first.
In the third section, you'll see a Yankee player and a target amount for a particular stat. Simply pick whether the actual value for that stat will be over or under that target.
If the target stat is reached exactly, the choice of Over will win.
Note: The stats for each player are only stats compiled as a Yankee, so if you feel that a player will not remain a Yankee all year, keep that in mind when predicting.
In the next two sections there will be a few questions about the Yankees in general. Answer those questions in the space provided.
Section 6 is a bunch of very easy questions that we only ask that you answer honestly.
There are seven tiebreaker questions that should be filled out and will only be used if there is a tie for first place. If the players who are tied don't answer any tiebreaker questions correctly, the winner will be determined based on whose responses are as closest to the correct answers.
The deadline for entry is Sunday, March 21, 2009 at midnight Eastern Time.
Please feel free to direct any questions about the contest itself to JDPNYY on NYYFans.com.
Technical questions about this web site can be directed to sweet_lou_14 on NYYFans.com.You must use your exact NYYFans.com User Name and if you have signed up for the 2009 Contest or the OffSeason Contest, you must use the same password.

Write down your password.
Please write down your password.
I implore you to write down your password.
After you write down your password, put it in a safe place, perhaps in a safety deposit box or something.
If you are signing up for the first time, please pick a password other than your NYYFans.com password.

Don't let that confuse you... You MUST use your exact User Name for the contest... (just choose a different password... then write down the password and put it in a safe place).

JDPNYY
03-05-10, 09:14 PM
I would appreciate it if a Moderator could sticky this and perhaps post a thread linking to here in say - Just Conversation, The Sports Bar, maybe the Player Performance forum as well???

(also... unsticky last years threads... please?)

Thanks.

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
03-05-10, 09:27 PM
Glad to have this contest up and running again. I missed it last year and was pissed. Been looking forward to it for a year now. ;)

Thanks for putting this together for us.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
03-05-10, 09:36 PM
Entry submitted. I hope to improve to 'mediocre' this year. :cheer:

FtheSox&RallyMonkey
03-05-10, 09:55 PM
Went from 13th-49th the last 2 years, looking to improve this year!

YankeePride1967
03-05-10, 10:20 PM
I just entered. However, I did try to register under this screenname and it said I was already registered and would only let me do it under GoRocket.

JDPNYY
03-05-10, 10:21 PM
I just entered. However, I did try to register under this screenname and it said I was already registered and would only let me do it under GoRocket.

You can use GoRocket.

YankeePride1967
03-05-10, 10:23 PM
You can use GoRocket.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again John.

sweet_lou_14
03-05-10, 11:11 PM
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again John.

As you've probably guessed, this is simply because the contest is not tied directly to the NYYFans site. Updating your user name on this forum doesn't have any effect on the contest site.

If you'd like me to update your user name on the contest site, I'd be happy to the next time I'm in there. Just let me know.

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
03-05-10, 11:18 PM
Kind of a silly question I guess but I just got done filling the whole thing out and it said " Congradulations you have submitted your entry" And all that stuff.

Then it said to review my entry or to edit it to click here. So I clicked it and it asked me to sign in again. Then I signed in and there was no entry.

What happened? Is my Entry on there? Or was I logged in too long and it automatically logged me out so it didn't count?

I'm A Wenner!
03-05-10, 11:34 PM
I just submitted the winning entry.

sweet_lou_14
03-05-10, 11:40 PM
Kind of a silly question I guess but I just got done filling the whole thing out and it said " Congradulations you have submitted your entry" And all that stuff.

Then it said to review my entry or to edit it to click here. So I clicked it and it asked me to sign in again. Then I signed in and there was no entry.

What happened? Is my Entry on there? Or was I logged in too long and it automatically logged me out so it didn't count?

I am very sorry, but the entry isn't in the database. It's been lost.

This has happened to a handful of unlucky people and I have never been able to determine the cause for certain. The the best theory I have is that your user "session" may have invisibly timed out. I've updated the timeout to a full two hours ... hopefully this will fix the problem for you but since I've never experienced the problem myself, it's impossible for me to be sure.

What I suggest you do is jot down your answers on your computer (a Word document, text file, or draft email) and then log in to the site all over again to enter them. Keeping your notes on your computer instead of writing them on paper will also allow you to PM me your responses if for some reason the responses are lost twice. In that case I'll just enter your answers for you.

Again, I'm really sorry. Let's hope the change I made will fix things.

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
03-06-10, 12:06 AM
I am very sorry, but the entry isn't in the database. It's been lost.

This has happened to a handful of unlucky people and I have never been able to determine the cause for certain. The the best theory I have is that your user "session" may have invisibly timed out. I've updated the timeout to a full two hours ... hopefully this will fix the problem for you but since I've never experienced the problem myself, it's impossible for me to be sure.

What I suggest you do is jot down your answers on your computer (a Word document, text file, or draft email) and then log in to the site all over again to enter them. Keeping your notes on your computer instead of writing them on paper will also allow you to PM me your responses if for some reason the responses are lost twice. In that case I'll just enter your answers for you.

Again, I'm really sorry. Let's hope the change I made will fix things.

Thanks. But yea, I was probably working on it for an hour or so. I was busy and also working on that at the same time. Then I submitted it and it was all gone when I checked the 2010 leaderboards. Pissed me off. Now I have to do it all over again. Guess it will give me something to do before I go to bed now. I've done this before in the past and never had problems though. I probably was logged in too long though.

Thanks for the advice though. Time for round 2. :)

ZYanksRule
03-06-10, 12:20 AM
As always, awesome stuff.

As always, I'll be happy not to be in last place.

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
03-06-10, 01:09 AM
Alright, I got my entry in and submitted this time. Firefox helped me out, It saved all of the names I had typed in so I just had to click on the bar and put it in again. And the only ones I really had to redo was the multiple choice ones. But should be a fun contest. Thanks for doing it again. :)

Btw, Out of curiosity, whats the prize this year? Has it been announced? I know before its been tickets and what not. Is there a prize picked out yet?

EDIT: Also, what if say, A-rod, goes 4/4 on opening day and then gets hurt and is out for the entire season? Would that count as a 1000. BA? So if I picked A-rod to have over a .305 BA I would get that one correct? Or would you not even count that? How does that work? Obviously hoping that don't happen but just something I wondered about.

Janttje
03-06-10, 04:57 AM
Finished mine.

fredgmuggs
03-06-10, 06:14 AM
Before I submit my entry a housekeeping question - can I edit my answers up until the contest entry deadline?

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
03-06-10, 06:48 AM
Yea, it allows you to edit it as much as you want. And 1 more thing that has to do with the past years results.

How come it says this for me:

Welcome, DerekJeter4MVP!!!!
Of the 113 questions whose answers are known, you have answered correctly.
That is good for 196th place out of 195 registered contestants.

I tottalled it up myself and I got 46 correct I believe. Not that it matters or that I would have won or anything. But how come it doesn't say how much I got right or I'm not on the leaderboard?

sweet_lou_14
03-06-10, 08:18 AM
Yea, it allows you to edit it as much as you want. And 1 more thing that has to do with the past years results.

How come it says this for me:

Welcome, DerekJeter4MVP!!!!
Of the 113 questions whose answers are known, you have answered correctly.
That is good for 196th place out of 195 registered contestants.

I tottalled it up myself and I got 46 correct I believe. Not that it matters or that I would have won or anything. But how come it doesn't say how much I got right or I'm not on the leaderboard?

You discovered a small bug which caused your "invalid" entry responses from 2008 to be shown even though you aren't on the leaderboard. I've fixed it.

At the end of every contest, John will go through and make sure that all entries follow the rules. I don't recall why your entry in 2008 was invalidated but it probably had to do with something like remaining an active member of the posting community throughout the contest.

JDPNYY
03-06-10, 08:53 AM
I would appreciate it if a Moderator could sticky this and perhaps post a thread linking to here in say - Just Conversation, The Sports Bar, maybe the Player Performance forum as well???

Thanks.

bump!

YankeePride1967
03-06-10, 09:14 AM
As you've probably guessed, this is simply because the contest is not tied directly to the NYYFans site. Updating your user name on this forum doesn't have any effect on the contest site.

If you'd like me to update your user name on the contest site, I'd be happy to the next time I'm in there. Just let me know.

It doesn't matter to me, I just saw that to be eligible one has to be actively posting and technically GoRocket doesn't post here anymore. But if it's not a problem, it can stay.

sweet_lou_14
03-06-10, 01:22 PM
It doesn't matter to me, I just saw that to be eligible one has to be actively posting and technically GoRocket doesn't post here anymore. But if it's not a problem, it can stay.

Just updated it for you. You make a good point. Who knows if JDPNYY is going to remember who GoRocket was when he enforces the rules with extreme prejudice later on in the season.

4bronxbombers
03-06-10, 01:30 PM
Great. My password doesn't work. :wtf: I swear I used the EXACT same one for everyone and it's not working. sigh

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
03-06-10, 04:28 PM
You discovered a small bug which caused your "invalid" entry responses from 2008 to be shown even though you aren't on the leaderboard. I've fixed it.

At the end of every contest, John will go through and make sure that all entries follow the rules. I don't recall why your entry in 2008 was invalidated but it probably had to do with something like remaining an active member of the posting community throughout the contest.

Oh, well I do mainly just come on here and read. I don't post too much. So that could be a problem mainly. Hopefully that don't happen this year. :P Although there was 2 questions I think that I didn't answer and it had " No response" for. So that could have been why also. Not sure.

Thanks for the replies though.

YankeePride1967
03-06-10, 05:07 PM
Just updated it for you. You make a good point. Who knows if JDPNYY is going to remember who GoRocket was when he enforces the rules with extreme prejudice later on in the season.

Thanks!

JDPNYY
03-06-10, 06:39 PM

Thanks.
bump..

fredgmuggs
03-06-10, 06:54 PM
Entry submitted. Hopefully I'll finish a little higher than our Canadian buddy did last year.

(thanks JDP and Sweet Lou for getting this up and running. It's always a lot fun even though I stink at this prediction contest)

BxBomber44
03-06-10, 07:07 PM
In. I can feel baseball coming now that I did the contest.

fredgmuggs
03-06-10, 07:13 PM
In. I can feel baseball coming now that I did the contest.
My favorite question is the game thread question. So many choices to choose from.

JDPNYY
03-06-10, 07:25 PM

JDPNYY
03-06-10, 11:56 PM

Thanks.

Moderator? Anyone?

Jetfanmack
03-07-10, 01:58 AM
Question: if Reegie Corona doesn't make the opening roster, but Reggie Corona does, would a "Yes" vote win?;)

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
03-07-10, 02:11 AM
Question: if Reegie Corona doesn't make the opening roster, but Reggie Corona does, would a "Yes" vote win?;)

Reegie is the correct spelling. :P

JDPNYY
03-07-10, 09:58 AM

Winkie face fail

JDPNYY
03-07-10, 10:01 AM

Thanks.

Perhaps if someone would report this post it would be brought to the attention of the Moderating team.

Would someone be kind enough to report it and ask that it be read? I can't report my own post.

YankeePride1967
03-07-10, 10:04 AM
Perhaps if someone would report this post it would be brought to the attention of the Moderating team.

Would someone be kind enough to report it and ask that it be read? I can't report my own post.

Done!

JDPNYY
03-07-10, 07:35 PM

Thanks.

sigh.

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
03-07-10, 08:05 PM
I'd like to participate, but I can't remember my password from last season (I lost track of time last contest and never submitted an entry, but I did register for it).

JDPNYY, I sent you a PM, did you ever receive it?

Yankee Fan in Boston
03-07-10, 08:11 PM

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
03-07-10, 08:40 PM
How come I cant even see any leaderboard now? :eek: Will all the leaderboards be available after the contest deadline? I always like seeing what the competition is up to. And damn, I'm asking too many questions about this.

sweet_lou_14
03-07-10, 10:41 PM
How come I cant even see any leaderboard now? :eek: Will all the leaderboards be available after the contest deadline? I always like seeing what the competition is up to. And damn, I'm asking too many questions about this.

The leaderboard will become visible when the contest submission deadline has passed.

JDPNYY
03-07-10, 11:13 PM
I'd like to participate, but I can't remember my password from last season (I lost track of time last contest and never submitted an entry, but I did register for it).

JDPNYY, I sent you a PM, did you ever receive it?

Each year I implore people to remember their passwords. I don't know what your password is.

JDPNYY
03-08-10, 08:45 AM
45 entries

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
03-08-10, 08:55 AM
Do I get extra credit for being the first to submit an entry?

(Kidding)

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
03-08-10, 11:34 AM
Each year I implore people to remember their passwords. I don't know what your password is.

Oh, I guess I can't register this time around, bummer.

Will I be able to for next seasons contest?

JDPNYY
03-08-10, 11:40 AM
Oh, I guess I can't register this time around, bummer.

Will I be able to for next seasons contest?

Maybe if you ask sweet_lou_14 nicely, he'll look up your password for you.

Maynerd
03-08-10, 11:41 AM
Nice job, as always, John.

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
03-08-10, 03:53 PM
Maybe if you ask sweet_lou_14 nicely, he'll look up your password for you.

I'll give it a shot, thanks man for the heads up.

TEPLimey
03-09-10, 02:22 PM
This may be a stupid ass question, but when we are talking over/unders, are we assuming only time in the bigs or minor league time also?

JDPNYY
03-09-10, 02:58 PM
This may be a stupid ass question, but when we are talking over/unders, are we assuming only time in the bigs or minor league time also?

Only the time in the Majors and as a Yankee. If someone is traded, their stats from the new team are not counted.

GoYanks
03-09-10, 04:49 PM
Now that I've been to a spring training game, I feel like baseball again. I'm happy to see that I did not miss the deadline & can participate this year. And I even remembered my password ...

Thanks guys for putting this together!

Allison

4bronxbombers
03-09-10, 05:01 PM
Now that I've been to a spring training game, I feel like baseball again. I'm happy to see that I did not miss the deadline & can participate this year. And I even remembered my password ...

Thanks guys for putting this together!

Allison

bragger. :thatsodd:

:lol:

Axon
03-10-10, 04:07 PM
looking for a top 50 placing :D

JDPNYY
03-10-10, 06:12 PM
45 entries

58 entries now

JDPNYY
03-11-10, 09:39 AM
58 entries now

59 entries now.

JDPNYY
03-11-10, 09:40 AM

Thanks.

I guess no links in the other forums... ? OK. Thanks anyway.

I guess last years thread can stay stickied for now.

TinoFan84
03-11-10, 10:24 AM
Got my entry in though I reserve the right to edit prior to the deadline ... in fact, I've already gone back to double check a few things. For all the good it will do, considering how less than respectable I finished last year. But that was my first time participating, and like Muggs, I suck a predictions.

GordonGecko
03-11-10, 08:36 PM
Posted this in the old thread before I knew about this one:

So I see that the contest is up and running. Can I change my answers before the deadline if I submit anything today?

Yes you can.

Well not really, because you can't submit unless you answer all the questions. I really wish you could answer the ones you want and save it, then come back the next day and knock off a few more

JDPNYY
03-11-10, 09:27 PM
Posted this in the old thread before I knew about this one:

You need to complete the entry. This is done to ensure there are no incomplete entries at the deadline.

You can make changes to your entry up until the time of the deadline.

JDPNYY
03-12-10, 01:34 PM
59 entries now.

64 entries now

fredgmuggs
03-12-10, 01:59 PM
64 entries now
What's the record, JDP? Let's try and top that mark this year.

JDPNYY
03-12-10, 02:35 PM
What's the record, JDP? Let's try and top that mark this year.

The record is 193 in 2008.

Last year was a step backwards at 150.

If this year steps backwards again it will be the last of these.

GordonGecko
03-12-10, 02:36 PM
just put mine in too. fyi it's "Albaladejo"

JDPNYY
03-12-10, 02:38 PM
just put mine in too. fyi it's "Albaladejo"

Please accept my deepest apologies.

Dave Visbeck
03-13-10, 01:00 PM
The record is 193 in 2008.

Last year was a step backwards at 150.

If this year steps backwards again it will be the last of these.

:eek: Tell me you are not being serious. :-shrug-: :(

GordonGecko
03-13-10, 03:03 PM
You just need to promote this a little better, not too many people know about it. Maybe make a post in the top 20 most popular threads. Or better yet, have an admin PM everybody with an announcement

JDPNYY
03-13-10, 03:15 PM
:eek: Tell me you are not being serious. :-shrug-: :(

Serious. It's a lot of work for Lou.

JDPNYY
03-13-10, 03:17 PM
You just need to promote this a little better, not too many people know about it. Maybe make a post in the top 20 most popular threads. Or better yet, have an admin PM everybody with an announcement

I've asked for there to be a stickied link in some of the other Forum sections. In fact, I've asked several times. No luck.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6651888&postcount=2

FtheSox&RallyMonkey
03-13-10, 04:24 PM
just submitted, when do i get my prize?

JDPNYY
03-13-10, 04:47 PM
64 entries now

67 Entries now.

Dave Visbeck
03-13-10, 05:25 PM
Serious. It's a lot of work for Lou.

We all know about and appreciate all the work you both do. What has the entry count looked like over the years? Please don't give up the ship if there is a small drop off. Maybe just consider doing it if the entry count falls off more than 22%. I think this is moot anyway's ... cause the final entry count is gonna be good.

JDPNYY
03-13-10, 05:32 PM
We all know about and appreciate all the work you both do. What has the entry count looked like over the years? Please don't give up the ship if there is a small drop off. Maybe just consider doing it if the entry count falls off more than 22%. I think this is moot anyway's ... cause the final entry count is gonna be good.

2009 - 150
2008 - 193
2007 - 154
2006 - 123
2005 - 83
2004 - 56
2003 - 32
2002 - 8
2002 (Lite Version) - 7

DontHateOnNumber2
03-13-10, 05:37 PM
I submitted my form. I don't care if most of them are wrong, as long as I get just one right: Yankees win the World Series.

Ram Man
03-13-10, 06:04 PM
There will be more entries if the admission price is reduced. Recession, you know.

delv
03-13-10, 10:22 PM
I'm just waiting until the last possible second so as to get the best sense of the team. Thanks, btw, JDPNYY and lou.

ymike673
03-13-10, 11:34 PM
2009 - 150
2008 - 193
2007 - 154
2006 - 123
2005 - 83
2004 - 56
2003 - 32
2002 - 8
2002 (Lite Version) - 7

Had I entered in 2002 I would have made the top 10!

JDPNYY
03-14-10, 01:26 PM
67 Entries now.

Now up to 69 entries. We could break 70.

fredgmuggs
03-14-10, 01:29 PM
Is there a list of who has entered that can be viewed by those who have already entered? I ask because I'd like to see it so I can nag a few people to enter the contest if I see their name isn't there.

JDPNYY
03-14-10, 01:34 PM
Is there a list of who has entered that can be viewed by those who have already entered? I ask because I'd like to see it so I can nag a few people to enter the contest if I see their name isn't there.
Rank Contestant Score Tiebreakers 1.
a-RobinsonCano-fan (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=402) 0 0
aeromac76 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=51) 0 0
ArodEra (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=342) 0 0
Blazer (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=407) 0 0
Bleacher_Creature (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=60) 0 0
BonusCantos (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=25) 0 0
brosiusbuddy (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=151) 0 0
BxBomber44 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=242) 0 0
crazyjoe (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=390) 0 0
DaBliz (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=343) 0 0
DEADSOX (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=283) 0 0
DerekJeter4MVP!!! (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=125) 0 0
djeter220 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=369) 0 0
DontHateOnNumber2 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=264) 0 0
elsupremo2 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=187) 0 0
ericns1 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=401) 0 0
False1 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=35) 0 0
fredgmuggs (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=8) 0 0
GordonGecko (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=370) 0 0
Greenwave81 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=23) 0 0
Gringaloca (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=383) 0 0
grizy (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=356) 0 0
hellsing (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=399) 0 0
Hooligan Tavarez (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=73) 0 0
hotdawg985 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=84) 0 0
I'm A Wenner! (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=392) 0 0
Iknowcool (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=212) 0 0
Irascible Yankee Fan (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=379) 0 0
Janttje (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=213) 0 0
JDPNYY (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=6) 0 0
JimmyA (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=359) 0 0
jm02130 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=409) 0 0
Joba-Walkee (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=395) 0 0
keebler884 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=364) 0 0
kentucky bomber (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=391) 0 0
kickyt (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=152) 0 0
kongull (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=385) 0 0
Mantle'sMutt (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=171) 0 0
Mark19 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=146) 0 0
MassNYYfan (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=156) 0 0
Matsui-San (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=136) 0 0
Matsui55 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=394) 0 0
MatthewBleiberg (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=400) 0 0
maximman121 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=95) 0 0
Maynerd (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=62) 0 0
metalboy15 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=24) 0 0
MLB_Legends3457 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=404) 0 0
mvavra1 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=79) 0 0
Ram Man (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=327) 0 0
root786 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=403) 0 0
RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=31) 0 0
SI Baseballman (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=102) 0 0
snarkerella (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=389) 0 0
sweet_lou_14 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=1) 0 0
Tehasguard (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=106) 0 0
TEPLimey (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=128) 0 0
TinoFan84 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=337) 0 0
Toaderly (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=9) 0 0
Torre Must Go (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=13) 0 0
weg (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=397) 0 0
YankeePride1967 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=4) 0 0
Yankees13 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=12) 0 0
yankees2287 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=123) 0 0
Yankeesfan924 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=157) 0 0
YanksFan1992 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=127) 0 0
yanksfantilldeath (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=286) 0 0
ymike673 (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=137) 0 0
zeitgeist (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=405) 0 0
ZYanksRule (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=42) 0 0

fredgmuggs
03-14-10, 01:37 PM
Thanks. I see a few omissions that I can work on.

JDPNYY
03-14-10, 02:15 PM
Thanks. I see a few omissions that I can work on.

Much appreciated Tom.

I see Gordon Gecko is out spreading the word around too... And I noticed that 4bronxbombers (Vickie) had the link to her signature at one time. All appreciated.

fredgmuggs
03-14-10, 02:18 PM
Much appreciated Tom.

I see Gordon Gecko is out spreading the word around too... And I noticed that 4bronxbombers (Vickie) had the link to her signature at one time. All appreciated.
Will you mind if I borrow your signature for awhile?

JDPNYY
03-14-10, 02:19 PM
Will you mind if I borrow your signature for awhile?

Of course not. I'd be honored.

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-14-10, 02:54 PM
Arggg. My log in isn't working. I know it's right. I just logged out and logged back in to NYYFans with the same info.

Jeter Kid
03-14-10, 04:24 PM
Arggg. My log in isn't working. I know it's right. I just logged out and logged back in to NYYFans with the same info.

Same here. I know I used my same password as well. :o

Jersey
03-14-10, 08:15 PM
Just submitted mine..was a lot of work and I know I got some wrong just cause I wanted to put something so I could submit it. Will go back and edit up till deadline.

Never played this before and I've been around since before 02..never noticed it so definitely needs more advertisement. I'm one of those members that sticks to game threads, player specific threads and on the field sections. Don't venture much anywhere else so if this wasn't in Yankee on the field forums in previous years I wouldn't have seen it most likely.

eta: for the above 2 , haha, rules said dont use nyyfans password lol. I had to wrack my brain to think of something that I would remember later.

MassNYYfan
03-14-10, 11:26 PM
Final entries are due the 21st, right? I just went in to see if I wanted to change anything and it's not letting me.

JDPNYY
03-14-10, 11:27 PM
Final entries are due the 21st, right? I just went in to see if I wanted to change anything and it's not letting me.

Yeah. Sorry. The deadline got moved up.

flymick24
03-14-10, 11:34 PM
log-in is not working for me

flymick24
03-14-10, 11:37 PM
Yeah. Sorry. The deadline got moved up.

damn....

JDPNYY
03-14-10, 11:38 PM
damn....

I was kidding. I PMed Lou to look into it. The deadline is still next Sunday.

JDPNYY
03-15-10, 07:48 AM
The Contest is back up and running. Get your entries in. Time is running out.

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-15-10, 08:19 AM
OMFG. Am I supposed to register or log in? When I log in, it says I'm using the wrong password. When I try to register it says "You have entered a user name that already exists in our database." WTB.

Sweet Lou, help please.

JDPNYY
03-15-10, 08:24 AM
OMFG. Am I supposed to register or log in? When I log in, it says I'm using the wrong password. When I try to register it says "You have entered a user name that already exists in our database." WTB.

Sweet Lou, help please.

It's not the same password as your nyyfans,com password.

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-15-10, 08:28 AM

It's not the same password as your nyyfans,com password.

So it's a specific prediction contest password that I created in the past? If so, I'm going to need a reminder/reset. I'll pay the toll.

JDPNYY
03-15-10, 08:32 AM
So it's a specific prediction contest password that I created in the past? If so, I'm going to need a reminder/reset. I'll pay the toll.

Send a PM to Lou.

4bronxbombers
03-15-10, 08:35 AM
I submitted my form. I don't care if most of them are wrong, as long as I get just one right: Yankees win the World Series.

:2thumbs:

GordonGecko
03-15-10, 01:17 PM
contest site appears to be down again

Maynerd
03-15-10, 01:39 PM
Rank Contestant Score Tiebreakers 1.
Maynerd (http://www.rltranstech.com/nyyfans/entry.php?user=62) 0 0
Tied for the lead!!!!!!!

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-15-10, 01:39 PM
Send a PM to Lou.

Sent. Thanks for the help.

JDPNYY
03-15-10, 11:40 PM
80 entries thus far.

4bronxbombers
03-16-10, 07:14 AM
Much appreciated Tom.

I put it back on. Someone told me they only saw a red x the other day. I think it's good now.

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-16-10, 09:34 AM
Still waiting on Lou.... :(

mal1219
03-16-10, 09:46 AM
First year of participation, looking forward to it!!

Dave Visbeck
03-16-10, 06:28 PM
I'm off the juice now -- so wondering if I should even play. I fell on my fat butt, big-time ... :-hide-: last season.

Can anyone recommend me some new good supplements - that aren't considered under the radar? :looking: Are there any special questions this season?

Dave Visbeck
03-16-10, 06:37 PM
Entry submitted. Hopefully I'll finish a little higher than our Canadian buddy did last year.

(thanks JDP and Sweet Lou for getting this up and running. It's always a lot fun even though I stink at this prediction contest)

Tom or Angel ... why don't one of you two guys win it all this year? :)

SoCal Pinstriper
03-16-10, 08:46 PM
I don't have time for much anymore, but I will always make time for this.

Thanks guys.

Gusto
03-16-10, 11:52 PM
I'm off the juice now -- so wondering if I should even play. I fell on my fat butt, big-time ... :-hide-: last season.

Can anyone recommend me some new good supplements - that aren't considered under the radar? :looking: Are there any special questions this season?

Yup ... you're gonna have to lie again this year.;)

Dave Visbeck
03-17-10, 02:30 PM

How many times? :-shrug-:

JDPNYY
03-17-10, 05:24 PM
80 entries thus far.

90 people now.

101 more needed to break the record.

6o more people needed for there to be a contest next year.

flymick24
03-17-10, 07:01 PM
wow, what's going on this year?

guess the economy has hit harder than we thought

Beyle
03-17-10, 11:40 PM
I submitted my predictions. :)

JDPNYY
03-18-10, 08:24 AM
90 people now.

101 more needed to break the record.

6o more people needed for there to be a contest next year.

93 people now.

98 more needed to break the record.

57 more people needed for there to be a contest next year.

Dave Visbeck
03-18-10, 01:10 PM

You're wrong Gusto ... :-shrug-: ... not this year. http://nohomers.net/images/smilies/oldman.gif

I see that I'm gonna miss five right off. :lol:

fredgmuggs
03-18-10, 01:12 PM
You're wrong Gusto ... :-shrug-: ... not this year. http://nohomers.net/images/smilies/oldman.gif

I see that I'm gonna miss five right off. :lol:
That's the non-Yankee fan handicap, Dave.

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-18-10, 01:14 PM
Maybe lots of people are waiting on their passwords.

Dave Visbeck
03-18-10, 01:22 PM
That's the non-Yankee fan handicap, Dave.

That's the way it goes, Tom. :D I can't get question 6.5 wrong though. Can't argue against :NY: 27.

RhodyYanksFan
03-18-10, 02:22 PM
You expect me to fill that out and the Census in the same year? Way too involved.

porkmasterflash
03-19-10, 12:27 AM
Only my second year participating. I sure hope I fair better than last year.

JDPNYY
03-19-10, 10:00 AM
93 people now.

98 more needed to break the record.

57 more people needed for there to be a contest next year.

99 people now.

92 more needed to break the record.

51 more people needed for there to be a contest next year.

delv
03-19-10, 10:54 AM
submitted. Man, that was tough. lol @ Girardi and Memorial Day.

The OF situation (Hoffman/Thames) and the #5 starter/12th-arm-in-the-pen situation were quite difficult, because they affected so many other questions and may, in fact, affect each other.

JDPNYY
03-19-10, 11:08 AM
I'm in negotiations to sell the contest to a different venue. Could be lucrative. Of course, I'd like to keep it here... you know, if enough people sign up.

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-19-10, 02:15 PM
http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6670513&postcount=116

JDPNYY
03-19-10, 02:27 PM
http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6670513&postcount=116

I apologize. Lou has that info. He must be busy.

I'd suggest trying possible passwords you might have used.

JavyVazquezIsSick
03-19-10, 02:42 PM
Thanks. I ran out of ideas. Must have been drunk when I made it.

Dave Visbeck
03-20-10, 04:47 PM
Will other contestants be able to see your picks before the cut-off? Don't know if this has already been asked.

JDPNYY
03-20-10, 07:08 PM
Will other contestants be able to see your picks before the cut-off? Don't know if this has already been asked.

no . .

GoYanks
03-21-10, 06:27 AM
Finally got my entry in ... computer out most of the week with a virus that tech support dealt with, but did things to it that I don't like (just venting) ... OK, now that I got that over with, thanks for doing this. Now I've got to check in with my fantasy league that will start in a couple of days ;-).

4bronxbombers
03-21-10, 07:31 AM
Oh boy, i need to get this done today. Deadline is a loomin....:eek:

JDPNYY
03-21-10, 02:03 PM
Deadline - Tonight at midnight...

b-ball-lunachick
03-21-10, 04:12 PM
ugh, doesn't look like I'll get to do it this year - what i thought was my password from last year, is not working. :(

delv
03-21-10, 06:57 PM
!!! I just rechecked my entry to edit one last thing, and I find out that the whole thing is blank!

Dave Visbeck
03-21-10, 10:45 PM
!!! I just rechecked my entry to edit one last thing, and I find out that the whole thing is blank!

Hope you were able to fix it back again. I'm in. Sent Lou a copy of my ...
The JDPNYY Yankees Prediction Contest ...

Entry Submitted

Congratulations! Your entry has been submitted.
To review or edit your responses, click here.

**Welcome, Dave Visbeck!
You are one of 109 registered contestants ... good luck!

Awww crap. 109? Where is everyone? :(

(Know my wife has been too busy with baby daughter ... and my son Ryan is busy with final year of high school)

GordonGecko
03-21-10, 10:56 PM
so who do I give my $1,000 entry fee to

fredgmuggs
03-21-10, 10:57 PM
so who do I give my $1,000 entry fee to
Give it to me. I'll make sure it gets to the right place.

GordonGecko
03-21-10, 11:07 PM
Give it to me. I'll make sure it gets to the right place.
done. check your account for a wire from Nigeria

Gusto
03-21-10, 11:24 PM
done. check your account for a wire from Nigeria

Set the hook and reel

delv
03-21-10, 11:31 PM
looks like my submission worked. LOL @ the people who didn't vote YES under the gimme questions.

EDIT: 25% of people thought Albaladejo would make the opening day roster...?

EDIT: I just noticed that I put "C.C. Sabathia" as opening day starter instead of "C. C. Sabathia". Will that matter?

EDIT: eep! And I wrote "Marcus hames" instead of "Marcus Thames"

:doh:

JDPNYY
03-22-10, 12:22 AM
Thank You to everyone who joined in the fun this year.

JDPNYY
03-22-10, 12:45 AM
111 Entries this year

5 people predicted that Melky Cabrera would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

3 people predicted that Hideki Irabu would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

10 people predicted that Edwar Ramiraz would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

1 person predicted that Kei Igawa would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

1 person predicted that Johnny Damon would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

1 person predicted that Jeff Weaver would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

4bronxbombers
03-22-10, 06:57 AM
No chance of giving us one more day right? I have the answers written on the papers i printed. I fell asleep before entering them on here. :o

:-sorry-:
just asking.....

GordonGecko
03-22-10, 07:50 AM
111 Entries this year

5 people predicted that Melky Cabrera would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

3 people predicted that Hideki Irabu would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

10 people predicted that Edwar Ramiraz would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

1 person predicted that Johnny Damon would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.

1 person predicted that Jeff Weaver would be on the Yankee's Opening Day Roster.
That was mostly monkeys with darts acting up

Yankee Tripper
03-22-10, 12:37 PM
I meant to go back and edit this. Oh well, I picked too many Ps for the opening day roster. Maybe some will survive with "phantom injuries" At least I don't think I'm one of the guys with Hideki Irabu on the team.

GordonGecko
03-22-10, 12:43 PM
I meant to go back and edit this. Oh well, I picked too many Ps for the opening day roster. Maybe some will survive with "phantom injuries" At least I don't think I'm one of the guys with Hideki Irabu on the team.
Well if you didn't know any better, your odds would be best if you picked them all to make it instead of guessing which ones would be in or out.

delv
03-22-10, 01:44 PM
Thank You to everyone who joined in the fun this year.

so... will my typos negatively affect my chances?

BBombers85
03-22-10, 02:12 PM
Well one question has been answered. Jamie Hoffman was returned. :(
Sadly, I got it wrong. Damn the Rule V-ers!

b-ball-lunachick
03-22-10, 02:13 PM
No chance of giving us one more day right? I have the answers written on the papers i printed. I fell asleep before entering them on here. :o

:-sorry-:
just asking.....
I know - i wrote to sweet lou about my password but he wasn't around so I didn't get in either. I was wondering if we could get an extra day too but it looks like a question was already answered. :( it was my own fault for not checking my password thing out sooner...

fredgmuggs
03-22-10, 02:23 PM
Well one question has been answered. Jamie Hoffman was returned. :(
Sadly, I got it wrong. Damn the Rule V-ers!
I figured he wouldn't make the roster and would have to be offered back to the Dodgers. My question - for the purposes of the contest is this considered a DFA or another type of move?

(I didn't list him as the first DFA because I assumed it would be counted as another type of move)

JDPNYY
03-22-10, 02:41 PM
I figured he wouldn't make the roster and would have to be offered back to the Dodgers. My question - for the purposes of the contest is this considered a DFA or another type of move?

(I didn't list him as the first DFA because I assumed it would be counted as another type of move)

It doesn't matter what the transaction was for Hoffman. The question about the first to be DFA'd was after the season started. Moot point.

I'm sorry for anyone who didn't get in due to password problems. However... Since day one of Lou's involvement on this contest we have stressed over and over again the importance of remembering your password. It was always out of the kindness of Lou's heart that he went back and looked up people's passwords for them. For some reason Lou has been away for a week, I'm not sure why, sometimes life gets in the way of this forum. I appreciate every second Lou put into this contest.

As for extending the deadline... I apologize again. It can't be extended. For one, you all have had over 2 weeks to get this done. B - I've been throwing reminders up at least once a day for the 17 days. 3 - The deadline was automatically set in the program and can not be changed without Lou's help.

I hope things are ok with Lou. He's a terrific guy.

Dave Visbeck
03-22-10, 02:49 PM
so... will my typos negatively affect my chances?

Shouldn't.

GordonGecko
03-22-10, 02:51 PM
It doesn't matter what the transaction was for Hoffman. The question about the first to be DFA'd was after the season started. Moot point.

I'm sorry for anyone who didn't get in due to password problems. However... Since day one of Lou's involvement on this contest we have stressed over and over again the importance of remembering your password. It was always out of the kindness of Lou's heart that he went back and looked up people's passwords for them. For some reason Lou has been away for a week, I'm not sure why, sometimes life gets in the way of this forum. I appreciate every second Lou put into this contest.

As for extending the deadline... I apologize again. It can't be extended. For one, you all have had over 2 weeks to get this done. B - I've been throwing reminders up at least once a day for the 17 days. 3 - The deadline was automatically set in the program and can not be changed without Lou's help.

The Hoffman thing matters for who's on the opening day roster (+1 for me YEAH BABY!!! ok I'm over it). As for the deadline, the form now shows the % of answers for all respondents so it would be like cheating on someone else's test if people got an extension

Yankee Fan in Boston
03-22-10, 02:53 PM
My entry just disappeared for some reason. I pm'd Lou, but if I don't get in, you are all very lucky....

JDPNYY
03-22-10, 02:53 PM
The Hoffman thing matters for who's on the opening day roster.

Correct

As for the deadline, the form now shows the % of answers for all respondents so it would be like cheating on someone else's test if people got an extension

Correct

4bronxbombers
03-22-10, 03:06 PM

I understand. Just thought I'd ask....my fault for saving it for the very last day.

Gusto
03-22-10, 03:25 PM
111 Entries this year

Admit it ... that's your favorite part of the contest isn't it?

BTW, Thanks for your efforts. Only 5 questions with a 100% consensus ... nice job of making people think.

Dave Visbeck
03-22-10, 03:26 PM
:looking:

John ... I know I'm a pain ... but I got a different kind of offer.

Remember this ... #12 (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6336344&postcount=12)

If I trade two unknown Yankee walk-off home runs, would you extend by just a little bit ... to maybe Wednesday evening at midnight? Anyways ... thanks for this contest. I hope this isn't the last year.

Oh ... *I'll also throw-in a Lou Gehrig 20-game hitting streak! Wanna deal?

DaPip1998
03-22-10, 03:29 PM
Any way we can get 1 more day to register?

I was fried from March Madness yesterday and had major brainfart.

PLEEEEEEASE?

flymick24
03-23-10, 01:45 AM
how do we view our entry?

JDPNYY
03-23-10, 09:36 AM
how do we view our entry?

flymick24
03-23-10, 10:23 PM
i just did and it apologized and said it was too late to submit... what the heck is going on?

GordonGecko
03-23-10, 10:36 PM
what the heck is going on?
you're not in the contest is what's going on

flymick24
03-23-10, 10:52 PM
i submitted my entry last week

Beyle
03-23-10, 11:07 PM
I submitted my answers last week. I entered my name and password. These worked when I filled out my form and sent it through.

A few minutes ago, I tried logging back in and get an error message about joining next time. Strange. Oh well. :(

GordonGecko
03-23-10, 11:10 PM
Here is everyone that is registered:

a-RobinsonCano-fan
aeromac76
AnAbombfromA-rod13.
ArodEra
bbombers85
Big_E
Blazer
Bleacher_Creature
BonusCantos
boo_427
brosiusbuddy
BxBomber44
CanoForPresident
ccsuwxman
CptCrunch
crazyjoe
DaBliz
Dave Visbeck
DEADSOX
delv
DerekJeter4MVP!!!
destelle
djeter220
DontHateOnNumber2
DrNick
elsupremo2
ericns1
False1
fredgmuggs
freebubba
FtheSox&RallyMonkey
GordonGecko
GoYanks
Greenwave81
Gringaloca
grizy
Gusto
hellonewman
hellsing
Hey dOOd
hhd
Hildy910
hongchihkuo
Hooligan Tavarez
hotdawg985
I'm A Wenner!
Iknowcool
Irascible Yankee Fan
Janttje
JDPNYY
Jersey
JimmyA
jm02130
Joba-Walkee
kan_t
keebler884
kentucky bomber
kickyt
klj
kongull
mal1219
Mantle'sMutt
Mark19
MassNYYfan
Matsui-San
Matsui55
MatthewBleiberg
maximman121
Maynerd
metalboy15
MLB_Legends3457
Mr_Coffee
mvavra1
NewAmsterdamYankee
njyankeesfan
nnysiny
philleotardo
Ram Man
root786
ruthianblast
RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
SI Baseballman
slickknick
snarkerella
StatenIslandYankee
Stick_Michael
sweet_lou_14
Tehasguard
TEPLimey
The Yankee Kahuna
TinoFan84
Toaderly
Torre Must Go
weg
xenadanielle
Yankee Tripper
Yankeeah
yankeebot
YankeeDoodle25
YankeePride1967
Yankees13
yankees2287
Yankeesfan924
yanknbama
YanksFan1992
yanksfantilldeath
ymike673
zeitgeist
ZYanksRule
__starr69

delv
03-24-10, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I had to submit my answers 3 times... It finally stuck the third time.

NYYRules#1
03-24-10, 12:45 AM
Tried filling one out, didn't stick, said I was going to do it later, and then didn't get around to it. Oh well.

Beyle
03-24-10, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I had to submit my answers 3 times... It finally stuck the third time.

I guess the third time is the charm. It didn't work for me on the first. :(

flymick24
03-24-10, 03:49 AM
wtf... not fair

bluetree
03-24-10, 06:13 AM
i just did and it apologized and said it was too late to submit... what the heck is going on?

I got the same message. I guess my answers didn't stick either. I thought if you submitted your answers they would be accepted, major glitch. :(

fredgmuggs
03-24-10, 06:56 AM
Tried filling one out, didn't stick, said I was going to do it later, and then didn't get around to it. Oh well.
That happened to me as well but in my case I believe it was because I had inadvertently left one of my answers blank. Once I filled that in my entry was accepted.

GordonGecko
03-24-10, 09:10 AM
re do?

Yankee Fan in Boston
03-24-10, 10:18 AM
That happened to me as well but in my case I believe it was because I had inadvertently left one of my answers blank. Once I filled that in my entry was accepted.

I did that, and it accepted my entry... but now it is not there

Gusto
03-24-10, 10:39 AM
This is a real problem. I had to submit my picks twice too, as they disappeared after the first time.

It sounds like a lot of people got shut out of the contest, despite submitting an entry.

bluetree
03-24-10, 10:43 AM
I think a re-do is in order. At least extend the time a few days so those of us with problems can submit our entries Again.

Dave Visbeck
03-24-10, 10:06 PM
What happened to a lot of people this season, with their picks, happened to me last year. Last year I had kept a copy of my "Entry Accepted" notification ... and I'm glad I did. I did make the big mistake of waiting till the very last minute to submit my picks ... and was very lucky that I was able to play last season, after all - but was really embarrassed with my door mat finish - happening even though I had lied and took the five free ones. :o This season there was no problem with my entry. (maybe because I decided not to take all the free ones this time :p )

The contest is wonderful, but there seems to be a minor glitch. I wonder how many more people have missed out on the fun.

I think this might really have something to do with it.

delv
03-24-10, 10:31 PM
I think this might really have something to do with it.

Now that I think about it, when I finally got it submitted, it was because I hit submit once (when half-way done), got that message, and then finished submitting it. Maybe you automatically had a problem if you tried to submit it all in one go.

GordonGecko
03-24-10, 10:47 PM
Maybe if people had the window open for too long their session timed out by the time they hit submit. That would have happened for sure if lets say the window was open all day or overnight while people thought about the answers. That's why I was saying there should be a way to save what you've done even if you didn't answer all the questions yet

Dave Visbeck
03-28-10, 05:07 PM
Any answers yet? Of the one hundred and eleven entrants - I'm still tied for first, I guess. :p I thought for sure that I'd be in last place by now. :P :-shrug-:

Gusto
03-28-10, 09:55 PM
Any answers yet? Of the one hundred and eleven entrants - I'm still tied for first, I guess. :p I thought for sure that I'd be in last place by now. :P :-shrug-:

There's nothing that can be answered until opening day, except maybe the freebies you got wrong.

montrealer
03-29-10, 03:09 AM
Le sigh................

Tino's Girl
03-29-10, 03:56 AM
Is it too late to enter the contest? :(

hongchihkuo
04-04-10, 07:37 PM
already wrong on a few predictions. thought nick johnson would hit the first HR. thought granderson would bat 6th in the lineup on opening night.

delv
04-04-10, 09:34 PM
I got Jeter as our first SB. Not sure if it counts, given the double steal.

YankeePride1967
04-04-10, 09:48 PM
I had Granderson batting 8th because I thought Lester would start tonight.

GordonGecko
04-05-10, 08:14 AM
Well then that explains everything

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
04-05-10, 12:43 PM
Official JDPNYY ruling on the double steal? Gardner touched home before Jeter touched second, I think? :lol:

TinoFan84
04-05-10, 01:16 PM
Well, I've missed a few already as well (first win - I had CC and I certainly hope we get a win before his turn in the rotation comes back around), first home run (I had NJ as well) and first steal ... but the season is young, right?

TinoFan84
04-05-10, 01:17 PM
Official JDPNYY ruling on the double steal? Gardner touched home before Jeter touched second, I think? :lol:

Personally I'd give it to Gardner just for having the balls to steal home on Opening Night, but hey, that's just me ...

JDPNYY
04-05-10, 01:53 PM

If you had Gardner or Jeter you had the correct answer for that question.

snarkerella
04-05-10, 02:00 PM
who was the first person to freak out in the Game Thread? Heh

Hildy910
04-05-10, 02:06 PM
I think I was on some sort of hallucinogens when I filled that out. Lincecum as the best AL Pitcher? oooooookay then.

Maynerd
04-05-10, 02:45 PM
who was the first person to freak out in the Game Thread? HehDave Visbeck had a very Visbeckian tirade early on. Multiple fonts and bolditude and smileys and such. I suspect he selected "Dave Visbeck" to question 2.10. It was my intent to do the same thing (having selected "Maynerd" as the answer to that particular question), but was away from the computer until the 4th inning.....way too late.

JDPNYY
04-05-10, 02:47 PM
Dave Visbeck had a very Visbeckian tirade early on. Multiple fonts and bolditude and smileys and such. I suspect he selected "Dave Visbeck" to question 2.10. It was my intent to do the same thing (having selected "Maynerd" as the answer to that particular question), but was away from the computer until the 4th inning.....way too late.

Dave's tirade was clearly fake and as he isn't a Yankee fan, it wouldn't have counted if it was real.

If someone can point me to the first real overreaction (if there was one last night), I'd appreciate it.

Maynerd
04-05-10, 03:20 PM
Dave's tirade was clearly fake and as he isn't a Yankee fan, it wouldn't have counted if it was real.

If someone can point me to the first real overreaction (if there was one last night), I'd appreciate it.There was a lot of reaction but I wouldn't necessarily call any of it OVERreaction. Mebbe Gusto's post at #1051, where he gets down on Gardner, Girardi, Swisher, D-Rob and Park all at once.

TinoFan84
04-05-10, 03:37 PM
There was a lot of reaction but I wouldn't necessarily call any of it OVERreaction. Mebbe Gusto's post at #1051, where he gets down on Gardner, Girardi, Swisher, D-Rob and Park all at once.

I agree with Maynerd, lots of the standard griping but no overreaction of epic proportion (that was contrived early on in the thread) ... but if I had to pick a post it would be the one Maynerd references. I'd say we're still waiting on this one.

Dave Visbeck
04-05-10, 03:39 PM
Dave Visbeck had a very Visbeckian tirade early on. Multiple fonts and bolditude and smileys and such. I suspect he selected "Dave Visbeck" to question 2.10. It was my intent to do the same thing (having selected "Maynerd" as the answer to that particular question), but was away from the computer until the 4th inning.....way too late.

:D You think? I actually had John as being the first. :eek: My little outburst was just a little way of trying to level off the playing field ... only a little ... in the contest. The way the contest is set up ... :D ... I start right off being five games in the pooper. :-hide-: Not gonna hex my team this season. :p

Anyways ... doesn't matter this year. My goal is for a come-back year from a poor showing in the last contest. :o If I lose the contest by four picks or less .......... I'll be happy. ;)

JDPNYY
04-05-10, 03:39 PM
There was a lot of reaction but I wouldn't necessarily call any of it OVERreaction. Mebbe Gusto's post at #1051, where he gets down on Gardner, Girardi, Swisher, D-Rob and Park all at once.

Gusto continued all night. I suspect he was just lonely and was seeking attention.

Maynerd
04-05-10, 03:45 PM
Gusto continued all night. I suspect he was just lonely and was seeking attention.Stressed out, I'm sure, from the lack of a QoD.

ymike673
04-05-10, 06:11 PM
If you had Gardner or Jeter you had the correct answer for that question.

Thanks! Now I am assured of at least one right answer;)

GoYanks
04-06-10, 11:48 PM
Thanks! Now I am assured of at least one right answer;)

Oh yes, thanks!

Hellsing
04-07-10, 12:56 PM
bleh...I already forgot my password.

delv
04-07-10, 01:30 PM
anyone perfect or close to it so far?

GordonGecko
04-07-10, 01:48 PM
anyone perfect or close to it so far?
Don't know, the contest site hasn't been updated with any of the known answers yet.

sweet_lou_14
04-07-10, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I've been too busy to update the contest.

I just went through and filled in the answers that I believe are known. For Section 1, please let me know if I got any wrong as I went pretty quickly.

For Section 2, there are some issues to be aware of. First, I have not gone through all of the free text answers to correct misspelled entries. So for example if the correct answer is "CC Sabathia" and you put "Sabathia" or "C.C." or whatever, right now you are not getting credit but you will once I have some more time.

Second, Question 2.7 (first stolen base) is tough because I believe it was a double steal by Jeter and Gardner. I will need to get a judge's ruling from John. He could rule that Jeter reached second before Gardner touched the plate, or vice versa, or he could say that both answers are right. But if he says that, I will have to figure out how to make the contest scoring logic actually support multiple correct answers. :)

Third, John will have to rule on the answer to Question 2.10. John, if you would please, it might be good (and entertaining) for you to post a link to the post that in your judgment marks the first overreaction of 2010.

Fourth, I have not yet gone through to make sure that the two gimme questions about lost passwords were answered honestly by everyone. :)

With the caveats above, here is a tentative initial leaderboard, with updates to come by the weekend:

1. Maynerd 38 0
Tehasguard 38 0
yankeebot 38 0
ymike673 38 0
5. AnAbombfromA-rod13. 37 0
DerekJeter4MVP!!! 37 0
hhd 37 0
kickyt 37 0
nnysiny 37 0
snarkerella 37 0
sweet_lou_14 37 0
YankeePride1967 37 0
13. ArodEra 36 0
DrNick 36 0
grizy 36 0
Irascible Yankee Fan 36 0
kongull 36 0
mal1219 36 0
Matsui-San 36 0
The Yankee Kahuna 36 0
weg 36 0
Yankee Tripper 36 0
Yankees13 36 0

Thanks everyone for your patience!

delv
04-08-10, 12:13 AM
:( ...

JDPNYY
04-08-10, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone, sorry I've been too busy to update the contest.

I just went through and filled in the answers that I believe are known. For Section 1, please let me know if I got any wrong as I went pretty quickly.

For Section 2, there are some issues to be aware of. First, I have not gone through all of the free text answers to correct misspelled entries. So for example if the correct answer is "CC Sabathia" and you put "Sabathia" or "C.C." or whatever, right now you are not getting credit but you will once I have some more time.

I had Sabathia and whenever you have time to correct the wrong, is fine.

Second, Question 2.7 (first stolen base) is tough because I believe it was a double steal by Jeter and Gardner. I will need to get a judge's ruling from John. He could rule that Jeter reached second before Gardner touched the plate, or vice versa, or he could say that both answers are right. But if he says that, I will have to figure out how to make the contest scoring logic actually support multiple correct answers. :)

Sorry... (yikes)... Both answers need to be correct. It was one play, both got a SB.

Third, John will have to rule on the answer to Question 2.10. John, if you would please, it might be good (and entertaining) for you to post a link to the post that in your judgment marks the first overreaction of 2010.

Agreed Lou. We need links. I'm away this week and haven't been in the Game Threads much at all. Need some help here.

Fourth, I have not yet gone through to make sure that the two gimme questions about lost passwords were answered honestly by everyone. :)

With the caveats above, here is a tentative initial leaderboard, with updates to come by the weekend:

1. Maynerd 38 0
Tehasguard 38 0
yankeebot 38 0
ymike673 38 0
5. AnAbombfromA-rod13. 37 0
DerekJeter4MVP!!! 37 0
hhd 37 0
kickyt 37 0
nnysiny 37 0
snarkerella 37 0
sweet_lou_14 37 0
YankeePride1967 37 0
13. ArodEra 36 0
DrNick 36 0
grizy 36 0
Irascible Yankee Fan 36 0
kongull 36 0
mal1219 36 0
Matsui-San 36 0
The Yankee Kahuna 36 0
weg 36 0
Yankee Tripper 36 0
Yankees13 36 0

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Much appreciated Lou. It's a 7 (hopefully) month season. We have plenty of time for patience!

ymike673
04-08-10, 10:31 AM
I'm tied for first!

Can the contest be declared over now?;)

TinoFan84
04-08-10, 10:36 AM
I'm in a 25-way tie for 24th place! Whoohoo! *sarcasm*

Gusto
04-08-10, 11:20 AM
I'm in a 25-way tie for 24th place! Whoohoo! *sarcasm*

Drafting position ... you don't want to go out in front too early.

Maynerd
04-09-10, 10:00 AM
I'm tied for first!

Can the contest be declared over now?;)Wholeheartedly agree! I'm printing the leaderboard (with my name on top). I might frame it.

ymike673
04-09-10, 10:38 AM
Wholeheartedly agree! I'm printing the leaderboard (with my name on top). I might frame it.

Great idea. I am doing the same thing.;)

JDPNYY
04-16-10, 09:22 PM
Yankees finish the first 10 games 7-3.

Book it Lou!

GordonGecko
04-16-10, 10:32 PM
I had them at 6-4

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
04-16-10, 10:41 PM
Now I feel like a bad fan for saying 6-4. :(

delv
04-16-10, 11:37 PM
lol, I had them 4-6.

snarkerella
04-17-10, 12:05 AM
hey look at me in second place!!!

I think I actually had the Yankees at 7-3 after 10 but that was me being absurdly optimistic. Didn't think it would actually happen. Yay!

sweet_lou_14
04-17-10, 05:37 AM
Yankees finish the first 10 games 7-3.

Book it Lou!

Done.

Congratulations to Jersey who somehow predicted the Yanks would go 10-3 in the first 10 games!

sweet_lou_14
04-17-10, 07:31 AM
OK, I have cleaned up all of the responses to correct variations in spelling, etc.

Please remember that the contest is not being scored by hand, it's all done by software. Therefore, in future contests I would ask everyone to make things easier for me by always entering players as a simple first name / last name combination, with no nicknames, abbreviations, or editorial comments.

Here are some examples of responses I have to clean up in order for the system to accurately score the contest. As you can see they start off perfectly reasonable and get weirder and weirder as we go:
* Common abbreviations such as "A-Rod" or "CC"
* Last names only such as "Jeter"
* Last name first such as "Hughes, Phil"
* Addition of team names such as "Felix Hernandez - Seattle" (one note about this, I actually find this HELPFUL if you are naming an obscure minor league / rookie player that I may not have heard of, but I still have to clean it up)
* Misspellings (you have no idea how many ways there are to screw up "Teixeira")
* Ambiguous last names, such as "Sizemore" (I had to look up the question, see that it's about rookies, and then give the contestant the benefit of the doubt with "Scott Sizemore" instead of "Grady Sizemore")
* Mixed up first and last names ... for example, there is no such player as Neftali Perez, so I gave the last name precedence and made it Neifi Perez rather than Neftali Feliz
* Intentionally modified names such as "Derek Jetah" or "Scratchiro"
* Other attempts to be clever ... for example, who will be the AL's best rookie hitter? "Me!"
* Completely unnecessary and unhelpful comments such as (and this is verbatim): "Teixeira (had to change from A-Rod b/c it was inconsistent with my earlier entry - with my luck A-Rod will win)"

Even after all that, there was still one response -- "Yung Chi Chen" -- where I honestly can't tell who they might be referring to.

Next year I'm going to put out a request that everyone keep it simple with their answers to save me a ton of hassle.

Thanks guys ...

sweet_lou_14
04-17-10, 07:40 AM
And here's the top 28:

Rank Contestant Score Tiebreakers
1. yankeebot 40 0
2. hhd 39 0
Maynerd 39 0
Tehasguard 39 0
YankeePride1967 39 0
6. DrNick 38 0
FtheSox&RallyMonkey 38 0
JDPNYY 38 0
kickyt 38 0
kongull 38 0
nnysiny 38 0
weg 38 0
Yankee Tripper 38 0
Yankees13 38 0
ymike673 38 0
16. AnAbombfromA-rod13. 37 0
ArodEra 37 0
delv 37 0
DerekJeter4MVP!!! 37 0
hellonewman 37 0
Irascible Yankee Fan 37 0
mal1219 37 0
Mark19 37 0
maximman121 37 0
snarkerella 37 0
sweet_lou_14 37 0
The Yankee Kahuna 37 0
Torre Must Go 37 0

The only thing I still have to do is figure out a way to give a point for either Jeter or Gardner on the first stolen base question. Please stay tuned on that one ... don't think I can give the contest any more time this weekend.

Ram Man
04-17-10, 08:21 AM
Therefore, in future contests I would ask everyone to make things easier for me by always entering players as a simple first name / last name combination, with no nicknames, abbreviations, or editorial comments.

Perhaps JDPNYY could be persuaded to include this as an official rule for next season's contest (if there is a contest next season). An added benefit would be that anyone that doesn't follow the rule would automatically get those questions scored as incorrect.

delv
04-17-10, 09:18 AM
thanks a lot for the effort, lou. btw, concerning the double steal, I thought the ruling was both Jete and Gardner. Otherwise, it should be Jeter, since that's who I picked. :)

btw, lol @ "Neftali Perez"

JDPNYY
04-17-10, 09:20 AM
Wow. Thanks Lou. Very frustrating. I feel your pain, as I used to go through that before you were kind enough to automate (as it were) the contest.

I appreciate all you do for the contest. I think if we decide to do this again next year Ram Man's suggestion is gold. It will be the first rule.

sweet_lou_14
04-17-10, 10:28 AM
thanks a lot for the effort, lou. btw, concerning the double steal, I thought the ruling was both Jete and Gardner.

You're welcome!

And you're right, both of those answers will need to be ruled as correct. I was going to try to do something fancy but in the interest of time, I have simply made the answer "Brett Gardner / Derek Jeter" and updated the response of anyone who put in either player to "Brett Gardner / Derek Jeter" so that they all get the point.

The new Top 21:

Rank Contestant Score Tiebreakers
1. yankeebot 41 0
2. hhd 40 0
Maynerd 40 0
Tehasguard 40 0
YankeePride1967 40 0
6. DrNick 39 0
FtheSox&RallyMonkey 39 0
JDPNYY 39 0
kickyt 39 0
kongull 39 0
weg 39 0
Yankee Tripper 39 0
Yankees13 39 0
ymike673 39 0
15. ArodEra 38 0
delv 38 0
mal1219 38 0
maximman121 38 0
nnysiny 38 0
sweet_lou_14 38 0
Torre Must Go 38 0

sweet_lou_14
04-17-10, 10:33 AM
There are now just two early-season questions left to answer. One is the first Yankee to be DFA'd ... I believe that nobody has been DFA'd yet but please let me know if/when that is no longer true.

The other question is the first NYYFans forumer to overreact in a game thread. Since the Yankees lost on Opening Day, I'm assuming the winner must be in the Opening Day game thread. This is a judge's decision so I'd like to invite John to scan through that thread and let us know who the winner is.

fredgmuggs
04-17-10, 10:45 AM
I thought about naming myself as the first forumer to overact and then making a tirade in the gamethread but that wouldn't have been sporting.

Dave Visbeck
04-17-10, 03:22 PM
How in the world did my answer for Question 2.10 ... get changed to a "No Response" ... because I had written it up as being JDPNYY. Who changed it?

JDPNYY
04-17-10, 03:38 PM
There are now just two early-season questions left to answer. One is the first Yankee to be DFA'd ... I believe that nobody has been DFA'd yet but please let me know if/when that is no longer true.

The other question is the first NYYFans forumer to overreact in a game thread. Since the Yankees lost on Opening Day, I'm assuming the winner must be in the Opening Day game thread. This is a judge's decision so I'd like to invite John to scan through that thread and let us know who the winner is.

I think I'd like to throw out that question. There were a couple of people who named themselves (as muggsie kiddingly suggested) and it's too subjective to decide if someone was truly overreacting or joking around, etc.

Lou, let everyone get that one incorrect.

YankeePride1967
04-17-10, 03:43 PM
got 7-3 right.

delv
04-17-10, 11:10 PM
I just thought of something. I put Gaudin as the man to make the roster and Mitre as the man to get cut, so I got those two wrong. It would've been smarter, given how tough the question was, to put them both as being cut or both as making the roster, so that I would, at most, get only one wrong (instead of going for it and risk getting 2 wrong). Anyone do that kind of thing?

Maynerd
04-19-10, 09:16 AM
Lou, let everyone get that one incorrect.I hate incorrect answers. I think you should give everyone a gimme. It'd help with our collective self-esteem.

sweet_lou_14
04-20-10, 12:14 AM
How in the world did my answer for Question 2.10 ... get changed to a "No Response" ... because I had written it up as being JDPNYY. Who changed it?

That's fixed now.

But also, apparently, moot.

sweet_lou_14
04-20-10, 12:15 AM
I hate incorrect answers. I think you should give everyone a gimme. It'd help with our collective self-esteem.

Careful, you might overreact and then John will make you the answer.

anthonylau
04-20-10, 11:06 PM
Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently,Here is very interesting information.
www.r4i-sdhc.com
www.zstar.hk
www.ndsill.com
www.edgei-ds.cn (many movie to download)

Maynerd
04-21-10, 10:59 AM
Careful, you might overreact and then John will make you the answer.Sweet! I picked "Maynerd," so that'd be awesome.

fredgmuggs
04-21-10, 11:28 AM
Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently,Here is very interesting information.
www.r4i-sdhc.com
www.zstar.hk
www.ndsill.com
www.edgei-ds.cn (many movie to download)

That guy even spammed this thread?

sweet_lou_14
04-21-10, 11:41 AM
Hey mods, is it easy to delete the spam posts entirely? I assume those links are unsafe?

Hellsing
04-21-10, 02:52 PM
Hey mods, is it easy to delete the spam posts entirely? I assume those links are unsafe?

Click them, install whatever it asks you to, then report back to us.

JDPNYY
04-21-10, 02:54 PM

We have moderators?

GordonGecko
04-21-10, 02:59 PM
We have moderators?
yes, they're the ones that tell us animated gifs clog up their aol dial up connections :lol: :lol:

JL25and3
04-21-10, 03:06 PM
www.r4i-sdhc.com (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com)
www.zstar.hk (http://www.zstar.hk)
www.ndsill.com (http://www.ndsill.com)
www.edgei-ds.cn (http://www.edgei-ds.cn) (many movie to download)I was surprised that this guy was RO'd. That promise of frequent visits seemed so neighborly - and let's face it, how many posters here really give very useful information?.

delv
04-21-10, 03:09 PM
His first comma and his second comma are different...

JL25and3
04-21-10, 03:33 PM
His first comma and his second comma are different...Ah, that explains why he was RO'ed.

Maynerd
04-21-10, 03:34 PM
His first comma and his second comma are different...Maybe that's the interesting information he was gonna share if he wasn't RO'ed. Now we'll never know.

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
04-21-10, 05:24 PM
Damn, I picked us to go 6-4 after 10 games. I'm a bad fan. :mad: And I really thought that maybe I was being optimistic especially with our early season struggles. But this season has been a fun one so far. Feels nice to start off great.

JeterHomeBoy69
05-03-10, 01:57 AM
Not Allowed

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
05-04-10, 11:54 PM
Not Allowed

Fail.

DerekJeter4MVP!!!
05-18-10, 02:39 AM
Kinda funny but the guy in 1st place named YankeeBot for the tiebreaker, his total attendance at yankee stadium he picked was 45,501.

I sure hope we have more then that. :P

Ram Man
05-20-10, 04:13 PM
So the contest is still moving along nicely. Anyone else notice the little button with an exclamation mark in a red triangle on all the posts? Time to Click

I've used it from time to time. I think this "Troll" guy is the same one that got released outright a couple of days ago when he started spewing nonsense.

Yankee Tripper
05-28-10, 03:24 PM
I guess we have our first DFA - bye, bye Randy Winn

sweet_lou_14
05-29-10, 09:16 AM
I guess we have our first DFA - bye, bye Randy Winn

Looks like it ... John, do you agree? I don't recall anyone else being DFA'd before this.