PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite sports

SkooterPhil#10
07-28-01, 10:30 PM
For me I gotta say basketball. Almost everyone that plays it is a money hungry, weed smoking, trash talking idiot, or an uncoordinated 7 foot monster. Plus it's pretty much a wussy sport.

orangemom
07-28-01, 11:19 PM
I voted for soccer. Boooorrrrrriiiiinnnnggggg!!! But I agree about basketball, especially on the professional level. The only basketball I watch is college.

PettittesPrincess
07-29-01, 12:23 AM
I HATE soccer, and I don't consider golf a sport!

Nome
07-29-01, 03:49 AM
I love soccer hate many of the overly rabid fans). The rest on the list could disappear from the face of the earth for all I care.

okieyankee
07-29-01, 03:32 PM
Soccer. Dull, dull, dull.

DandyRandy48
07-29-01, 08:11 PM
Soccer is may be boring, but it requires more skill than all the other sports mentioned on this list. Oh yeah, those guys are some tough SOBs.

I voted for basketball. I hate the sport. It makes little sense to me.

Eddie160
07-29-01, 08:13 PM
nomatter how hard I've tried to get into soccer or hockey I just can't do it I don't know what it is they just don't get my interest for some reason or the other

allybear
07-29-01, 08:24 PM
Any sport can be exciting to me when the title is on the line, but if I never watched soccer again, I probably wouldn't miss it. 99% of the time televised golf is good as a sleeping aid and little else.

I love hockey and hoops, though! :)

Shel
07-29-01, 09:05 PM
I voted for golf. It's about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Right behind golf is basketball...grown men running back and forth in their underwear. Though I must confess that when I was much younger, I used to enjoy watching basketball because of those short shorts that the players wore! :evil:

bagger015
07-29-01, 09:41 PM
:rolleyes: My definition of basketball. Like watching paint dry. :rolleyes: :lol:

Slippery Elm
07-30-01, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by SkooterPhil#10
For me I gotta say basketball. Almost everyone that plays it is a money hungry, weed smoking, trash talking idiot, or an uncoordinated 7 foot monster. Plus it's pretty much a wussy sport.

True. Hockey is a far more exciting faster game. But I wouldn't say basketball is wussy. It used to be good when there was teamwork, playmaking, and class; now it's about one guy hogging all the shots, or some behemoth playing over the rim.

I voted for soccer. Golf would be second. Any form of car racing third.
Women's basketball fourth.

amypuss
07-30-01, 01:42 PM
I have to say golf:barf: Some people don't even consider it a sport!! That's up there with basketball. I hate going to visit my mom durring the winter b/c that's all she watches!! I think I'm one of the few who doesn't enjoy or follow it.
:NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

SkooterPhil#10
07-30-01, 02:08 PM
Golf is a good remedy for insomnia. If I'm having trouble sleeping, it's always good if the British Open is on.:)

YanksRockMan
07-30-01, 03:37 PM
I hate Soccer!!

SkooterPhil#10
07-30-01, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by YanksRockMan
I hate Soccer!!

Where is that hooligan RedBus. Isn't he a big English soccer fan?

# 21 Forever
07-30-01, 07:55 PM
Had to pick golf! I know it's supposed to be relaxing to play but it's boring to watch!

Mantlemania
07-30-01, 10:19 PM
My Least favorite sport is Golf is because sometime is is boring. :boring:

Superunknown
07-30-01, 11:52 PM
Well, I like football, but the rest of the sports on the list don't excite me at all. Of the remaining sports, I'd have to name golf as my least favorite, because it puts me to sleep, with basketball a close second.

patrick.o
07-31-01, 06:53 AM
Hockey is the single most exciting sport on earth, I am a football fanantic, I enjoy college basketball, and watching golf is like watching fine artists perfom.
I guess that leaves soccer :)
(My sister is a proud soccer hooligan and would start lecturing me about what a great sport it is if she knew I just posted this!)

CarolR
08-03-01, 03:09 PM
Basketball

PettittesPrincess
08-09-01, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Mantlemania
My Least favorite sport is Golf is because sometime is is boring. :boring:

Sometime? Try all the time.

yankeesrule2000
08-10-01, 04:05 PM
i think golf is so boring..................

wwtopdawg
08-10-01, 04:12 PM
Soccer. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Bernie51
08-10-01, 07:50 PM
HUH?!?! How can anyone hate soccer? Especially Cobi Jones and his Galaxy's?!?!

:scared: :confused:

PettittesPrincess
08-11-01, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Bernie51
HUH?!?! How can anyone hate soccer? Especially Cobi Jones and his Galaxy's?!?!

:scared: :confused:

Soccer is about as interesting and entertaining as watching paint dry. :barf:

Bernie51
08-11-01, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by PettittesPrincess

Soccer is about as interesting and entertaining as watching paint dry. :barf:

It's just as exciting as baseball, in my opinion, even more.

jojos_2
08-11-01, 04:06 PM
How can so many of you hate soccer!?!?! :(

As a proud Mexican, soccer is a sport you grow up with. Although I don't watch soccer, unless it's like an important game or it's the World Cup, I still think it is a good sport that requires a lot of skill to play.

Since baseball is and will always be my favorite sport and the BEST sport on earth ever, I will have to say that my least fav sports are golf cause it's just boring, hockey cause it's boring and I hate how they allow the players to fight for a while until the refs come in and break it up, and basketball cause I don't have much interest in it, although I do cheer for the Knicks.

When it comes to Football, it's alright. My fav team is the Indy Colts and I love Manning cause he rawks and he's yummy. :D What I don't like is how many more people seem to like it over baseball and how much glory Superbowl Sunday gets and the World Series doesn't. :(
Also, Football shouldn't be called football cause you can't use your feet, except for the punter, the player who kicks the field goal (forgot their name), and the palyers for running. Change the name, please.

Well, that's all for now. :)

Bub
08-16-01, 08:10 AM
Nothing like a 0-0 soccer final in overtime.. zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz. The only enjoyment I get is that guy who yells GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL.

Fordy74
08-19-01, 09:07 PM
whats with all the basketball hate?? I know many baseball and basketball fans it seems liek thats not the case here. Basketball may be dull at times when the play is sloppy but it can be real real exciting and if you like to play down low and bang with the big boys in the paint it definitly isnt a wussy sport and it definitly could not be more boring than Golf or Soccer. I will say I respect Soccer players though because it takes great skill and u must be in great shape to play it but I still find it a bit dull.

SkooterPhil#10
08-19-01, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Fordy74
Basketball may be dull at times when the play is sloppy but it can be real real exciting and if you like to play down low and bang with the big boys in the paint it definitly isnt a wussy sport and it definitly could not be more boring than Golf or Soccer.

Sorry but I think that any sport in which players have to accentuate fouls qualify as "wussy sports":P

Bostonblows4life
08-20-01, 03:50 PM
I hate soccer with a vengance

BellaNY2
08-22-01, 11:35 AM
I hate golf, it is so boring. It is so slow paced. :drool:

I don't know. I like basketball. And soccer..don't even get me started on that one :barf:

deranged2005
08-23-01, 01:13 PM
Soccer here. Boring as anything. My number two choice would have been car racing. Dude, that's so boring. I would rather sit by the highway and see cars pass each other for free then go see that boring sport.

sanfranciscojetergirl
08-24-01, 09:23 AM
I have to say golf. It is so slow!!! plus they don't fight :D

KLJ
08-24-01, 03:19 PM
any professional women's sport.. boring..

except gymnastics.. nice outfits and nice, tight bodies..

NyMike
08-24-01, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Eddie160
nomatter how hard I've tried to get into soccer or hockey I just can't do it I don't know what it is they just don't get my interest for some reason or the other

Same thing with me. I've tried to like them, but they just don't interest me.

I voted for Golf because like many others have said, it's just to boring.There is not one moment in golf that is exciting.

I like football and basketball, but maybe only because I have no other sports to watch during the baseball off season.

jess2
09-26-01, 01:31 PM
I enjoy all sports, but I guess the sport I watch the least is basketball and golf, but I enjoy all of them.:)

bbking
09-26-01, 01:31 PM
Golf. I know I'll get a lot of flak for this but I really think people who play primarily golf are those who can't play any other sport with a certain degree of excellence, and those who use it to build 'corporate' contacts. :D

I plan to play golf though, when I'm 60.

bbking
:NY:

PettittesPrincess
09-26-01, 05:56 PM
Golf is a "hobby" that real athletes play during the off season. Do you see golfers play baseball or football when they aren't golfing? NO.

SkooterPhil#10
09-27-01, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by KLJ
any professional women's sport.. boring..

except gymnastics.. nice outfits and nice, tight bodies..

:lol: Are you TRYING to get cyber bitch slapped?? But I must admit, the WNBA is probably the worst sport in the history of sports. And the commentators are all feminist lesbians with short hair. :barf:

Bernie51
09-27-01, 06:33 PM
Golf really sucks. I'd rather listen to the Atlanta broadcasters.

PettittesPrincess
09-27-01, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SkooterPhil#10

:lol: Are you TRYING to get cyber bitch slapped?? But I must admit, the WNBA is probably the worst sport in the history of sports. And the commentators are all feminist lesbians with short hair. :barf:

LOL... the WNBA does suck though.

deranged2005
09-27-01, 09:46 PM
Soccer is like the most boring sport invented. Watching a bunch of guys kicking a ball around, not scoring, with no action is just a bunch of fun. Yeah, and monkeys fly outta my butt!

Baseball is one of the most exciting sports I think. First you have your normal game, which has some good points. Then your pitchers dual, 0-0 going into the 9th, 4 hits overall. That is soooo much better than any soccer game. Then you got the lots of runs game. A nice 14-15 game, with the lead switching points many times. Baseball is so great. Soccer sucks ass.

mikeyT
09-28-01, 04:27 PM
I hate every sport other than baseball...but my descision was between Football and Golf. I ended up going with Fottball because it's so damn barbaric :rolleyes:

RogerRacer
09-28-01, 05:09 PM
Baseball's my favorite because that's the only one I can play without looking stupid (like a Mut). Soccer is my least favorirte cuz I know little about it. Why can't Bob Shepard scream several times- "RRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" when the Yankees score?

yankeegrl61
10-23-01, 07:38 PM
in my perspective, golf was invented for the muts and bosux to do in october...what a useless sport
it was between that and soccer tho!
and klj
UR SSSOOOO SEXIST!!
IF IT WAS UP TO U WOMEN WOULD STAY HOME AND KNIT
trust me, girls dont like guys like that, so with that attitude, you can kiss those tight bodied gymnests goodbye!

orangemom
10-23-01, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by deranged2005
Soccer is like the most boring sport invented. Watching a bunch of guys kicking a ball around, not scoring, with no action is just a bunch of fun. Yeah, and monkeys fly outta my butt!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I went to my first ever soccer game a couple weeks ago. My daughter is in college, taking radio/tv production. The college was airing the game live and she was running one of the cameras. HCCC has one of the best junior college soccer teams in the country. They have won several national championships. I thought, ok, we've got to pick her up anyway, we'll just go watch the game. Just after half time my husband said to me, "I know why they have so many riots at soccer games. It's to alleviate the boredom." :lol: What a horrible to sport to watch.

Mean Linguine
10-25-01, 07:35 PM
Hockey. I wouldn't pay $1, much less the $100 that the Rangers charge you, to see toothless men with names I can't pronounce hitting a puck I can't see.

YankeeGalSC
11-06-01, 10:48 AM
Without a doubt...SOCCER! :boring:

I know it takes a lot of skill and all, but bouncing a ball off your head?

However, I do like the soccer hooligans on SNL, they're a hoot!:lol:

Nettles
11-08-01, 11:28 AM
For me it is definitely golf. I cannot stand any "sport" where:

1. the players wear argyle socks;
2. the "fans" must keep stone silent;
3. the hardest stamina test is WALKING to the next hole (See petitioner's arguments in PGA Tour v. Martin, ___ US ___, 121 S. Ct. 1879, 149 L.Ed.2d 904 (2001));
4. there is no playing defense; and
5. there is no trash talking.

Soccer is next. Popular around the world, but way too boring for me.
The big four are all good. As to all the hockey bashers, its not a great TV sport but try watching a game in person. There is nothing - I mean nothing - like it.

Up-State
11-08-01, 12:59 PM
Soccer...About as much fun as watching the Yankee offense in the playoffs this year(innings 1-7). :boring:

deranged2005
11-08-01, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Up-State
Soccer...About as much fun as watching the Yankee offense in the playoffs this year(innings 1-7). :boring:

The Yankee offense was better than any soccer game

Hobes
11-09-01, 01:24 AM
Definitely soccer. Its got to be the most boring sport in the world.

Ron
11-10-01, 06:45 PM
hockey the most boring sport around, i dont see the excitement these people talk about ,even the fistfights are a yawn..

Ron
11-10-01, 06:51 PM
now for me Basketball is a treat..love the game loved watching Allen iverson last season with all his heroics..Dig MJ the most classy athlete out there besides Jeter.

Coney36
11-16-01, 04:54 PM
Yep, golf is mad boring...but then again, what the heck is curling anyway? That broom thing...

Tachycardia
11-25-01, 10:45 AM
SOCCER! Borrrrrrrrrring. And the players look like they smell! :D

Next to baseball, I LOVE basketball! Can be pretty exciting especially when both teams are very good.

NYYfan24
11-28-01, 03:20 PM
Boxing !!! :barf:

Couldn't vote for it 'cause it wasn't on the list. But is definitely
my least favorite sport !

NYYfan24
11-28-01, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by orangemom

HCCC has one of the best junior college soccer teams in the country.

Do you mean Herkimer Co. Com College? That's not far from where I live!