PDA

View Full Version : Best $1 pickup?

MaximMan121
04-24-09, 09:11 AM
I mistakenly clicked Aaron Hill when picking in the draft, and much to my chagrin ended up getting him at $1. I was annoyed.

Oops.

ruthianblast
04-24-09, 09:48 AM
So far the autodraft has given me a gem in Ted Lilly for $1. I'm liking it so far...we'll see.

Snatch Catch
04-24-09, 09:59 AM
By the end of the year it will be my boy Ian Stewart.

And Josh, I'm looking at things right now.

Big_E
04-24-09, 11:33 AM
Brandon Inge: 6 HR, 15 RBI, 13 R, .3148 BA, AND...Catcher Eligible!

Andy Pettitte: 2-0, 2.53 ERA, 0.94 WHIP

Yankee Tripper
04-24-09, 11:49 AM
So far the autodraft has given me a gem in Ted Lilly for $1. I'm liking it so far...we'll see.What kind of league lets Ted Lilly go for $1?

The FUTURE
04-24-09, 06:50 PM
What kind of league lets Ted Lilly go for $1?

a real dash jr. lmao :o

Yankee Tripper
04-27-09, 11:59 AM
a real dash jr. lmao :o

:confused: I don't get it? I'm shocked that a pitcher that has won 32 games the last 2 years (and at least 15-3 years running) while posting an ERA+ ~115, sub 1.2 WHIP and 358 Ks and plays for a team that was projected to win 90+ games could be bought for $1. :eek:

The FUTURE
04-27-09, 06:33 PM
:confused: I don't get it? I'm shocked that a pitcher that has won 32 games the last 2 years (and at least 15-3 years running) while posting an ERA+ ~115, sub 1.2 WHIP and 358 Ks and plays for a team that was projected to win 90+ games could be bought for $1. :eek:

of course you don't get it dash jr.

Big_E
04-27-09, 07:39 PM

We always have room in the league. Since you know more than us, feel free to contact me when we have 2010 signups. :)

/sarcasm

Snatch Catch
04-28-09, 09:06 AM

Because it not an exceptionally deep league, he was bought at the end of the auction when rosters were filled up, and there is no bench, so if you want to hold young pitchers and develop them, they take up a roster spot.

Yankee Tripper
04-28-09, 11:10 AM
Because it not an exceptionally deep league...
Thanks, that's more what I was looking for.

ChrisRo
07-28-09, 02:42 AM
How about Sandoval for best $1 pickup? I got him at the very end of the draft. Now he's owned by 96% of the teams, he's batting .327 with 15 HR and 4 SB. And he's only 22. :)

Snatch Catch
07-28-09, 07:50 AM
Mark Buehrle. $1.

rodg12
07-28-09, 08:25 AM
How about Sandoval for best $1 pickup? I got him at the very end of the draft. Now he's owned by 96% of the teams, he's batting .327 with 15 HR and 4 SB. And he's only 22. :)
This has to be it. He's having a phenomenal year.

DaSh 1s
07-28-09, 12:44 PM
of course you don't get it dash jr.

lmao ^ I never saw that one.

The FUTURE
07-28-09, 03:37 PM
lmao ^ I never saw that one.

would you like me to PM you every time I use your name in a joke from now on you fantasy guru u ?

DaSh 1s
07-28-09, 04:01 PM
Oh Snap,

Na just PM me everytime this happens

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad115/dash1s/untitled.jpg?t=1248814882

yanksphan
07-28-09, 07:00 PM
Oh Snap,

heh..

The FUTURE
07-30-09, 01:51 PM
Oh Snap,

care to post the standings buddy ?

well here you go anyways,

<table class="gametable" id="standingstable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="selected"><td class="first rank">6.</td> <td class="im"> </td> <td class="team">Carolina Force (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/31369/13)</td> <td>96-86-10</td> <td>.526</td> <td>17.5</td> <td>8-3-1</td> <td>17</td> <td class="last">61</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="gametable" id="standingstable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="first rank">9.</td> <td class="im"> </td> <td class="team">DaSh 1s (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/31369/10)</td> <td>91-87-14</td> <td>.510</td> <td>20.5</td> <td>8-3-1</td> <td>2</td> <td class="last">44</td></tr></tbody></table>

well my goodness would you look at that.

my team was garbage at the beginning of the year, but look where my manager-ing skills have lead my team, and oh look where all your infinite wisdom has lead yours.

DaSh 1s
07-30-09, 02:30 PM
care to post the standings buddy ?

well here you go anyways,

<TABLE class=gametable id=standingstable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=selected><TD class="first rank">6.</TD><TD class=im></TD><TD class=team>Carolina Force (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/31369/13)</TD><TD>96-86-10</TD><TD>.526</TD><TD>17.5</TD><TD>8-3-1</TD><TD>17</TD><TD class=last>61</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=gametable id=standingstable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="first rank">9.</TD><TD class=im></TD><TD class=team>DaSh 1s (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/31369/10)</TD><TD>91-87-14</TD><TD>.510</TD><TD>20.5</TD><TD>8-3-1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD class=last>44</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

well my goodness would you look at that.

my team was garbage at the beginning of the year, but look where my manager-ing skills have lead my team, and oh look where all your infinite wisdom has lead yours.

Yes my infinite wisdom lead to the DL of Votto, Hafner, Doumit, Delgado and the Suspension of Manny for 50 games,

:lol: despite loosing five of my top offensive players all at once you were only able to grab a three game lead on me. Bravo.

Even though this is the wrong thread for it, I wanted the last comment because you took the first shot.

Your team is on a roll, mine finally got healthy. Good luck down the stretch, I hope for a very competitive battle for playoff spots from everyone :gulp:

The FUTURE
08-03-09, 10:14 AM
Hey little Dashie oh buddy, care to update the rankings again ? or shall I ?

gdn
08-03-09, 06:08 PM
Jair Jurjjens is lookin' pretty good at $1.

The FUTURE
08-11-09, 11:51 PM
didn't think dash would update the standings....

6. Carolina Force 110-94-12
14. DaSh 1s 97-103-16

tell me if it hurts when you hit the cellar dash. all that talk aint got you newhere has it you fantasy guru ?

The FUTURE
08-31-09, 09:42 AM
SCORE: CAROLINA FORCE 8
Little Big mouth fantasy know it all dash: 4.

Standings
Carolina Force: 6th place, 129-110-13.
Little Big mouth fantasy know it all dash: 15th place, 110-125-17.

who is laughing now ?

DaSh 1s
08-31-09, 09:56 AM
Season Record
14-10

I still have a winning record against you, I had a season of injuries and steroid suspensions, which happens. My team crapped the bed post ASB Break in a 20 team league where there was little room for error. I never met someone who felt so violated and exposed from pre season Fantasy baseball smack talk. :lol: I guess I didn't mean to offend you so greatly. Besides, smack talk and active participation is what makes it fun

I love your wierd obsession/infatuation with me, its most flattering to say the least. :)

Anyways, I look to be back next year, and to try and better my performance, but I will tip my hat for you making the playoffs. In the mean time, find some happy pills or something.

The FUTURE
08-31-09, 01:23 PM
no. you got me all wrong. im not violated by you at all. You just act like you know everything about fantasy baseball when in reality you don't know more than the next dig bat. Injuries isn't an excuse, everybody has injuries, Good managers still get through it and figure out a way to make the playoffs. Congrats, you beat me 14-10 on the season, but it is that kind of thinking that has you in 15th place. okay you had a good week and beat me 10-2. I didn't give up tho and start bitchin and crying about all my injuries or bad luck. I made it work & climbed up the standings while you did a nose dive in the standings. Basically what I am trying to say is before you cant go around acting like you know everything about fantasy baseball when you're unproven as a winner and are proving that you suck as a manager. thats all. You were so quick to talk ................ when you were winning but every since you started sucking; you've dissappeared. and even at the begining of the week you were up 8-2 or something and try to talk smack, even if you beat me this week, id still be ahead of you in the standings which in the end is all that matters, not how you do against just me. and trust me, it may seem like i am mad or not happy as you say, but I've been laughing at you for the better 4-5 months.

DaSh 1s
08-31-09, 01:49 PM
no. you got me all wrong. im not violated by you at all. You just act like you know everything about fantasy baseball when in reality you don't know more than the next dig bat. Injuries isn't an excuse, everybody has injuries, Good managers still get through it and figure out a way to make the playoffs. Congrats, you beat me 14-10 on the season, but it is that kind of thinking that has you in 15th place. okay you had a good week and beat me 10-2. I didn't give up tho and start bitchin and crying about all my injuries or bad luck. I made it work & climbed up the standings while you did a nose dive in the standings. Basically what I am trying to say is before you cant go around acting like you know everything about fantasy baseball when you're unproven as a winner and are proving that you suck as a manager. thats all. You were so quick to talk ................ when you were winning but every since you started sucking; you've dissappeared. and even at the begining of the week you were up 8-2 or something and try to talk smack, even if you beat me this week, id still be ahead of you in the standings which in the end is all that matters, not how you do against just me. and trust me, it may seem like i am mad or not happy as you say, but I've been laughing at you for the better 4-5 months.

My number one admirer! How I missed you!

How clueless you are? who said anything about bitching, you have been following me around and commenting on everything I do, even making references about me in other discussions. You are obsessed with me. You worry about my team more than yours. You even call other posters, dash? You comment on what I am tell people in other threads.

You admit to secretly thinking and laughing about me for 4-5 months? lol, um?

Dude, one of my teams collapse (it happens) and you are saying I am proving i suck as a manager? 4 of my top six picks busted:
1. (19) Alfonso Soriano OF
2. (22) Manny Ramírez OF
3. (59) Michael Young 3B,SS
4. (62) Ryan Doumit C
5. (99) Chone Figgins 2B,3B
6. (102) Carlos Delgado 1B
I am not making excuses, dude it happens. I tried to work around it and I flopped at it. My team didn't work out the way I had drafted. it failed in that league.

However, your obsession with me is becoming wierd and disturbing. I am sorry I said Ryan Howard was over-rated as a 1st rounder, I didn't mean to send you into this wild depression.I am just happy I have a number one fan now. If you want I can upload a picture of my face that you can use as your avatar.

What you have to understand is smack talk is part of the game, it makes it fun, criticizing picks, formulating draft strategies, finding sleepers, rooting against other teams, its fun! I put a lot of time into my leagues, and spend a lot of time on pre draft stuff.

Despite the collapse of that team, I think I am having a pretty good year. But yet again, what do I know, I know nothing, I suck as a manager, I don't know how to work through injuries, and I know just as much as the same dig. :o

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad115/dash1s/untitled-5.jpg

In all honesty, you should stop man crushing me and just put me on block if you have that big of a problem with me and stop randomly posting condescending remarks across three different threads. I mean seriously, stop sweating me, it was all in plain fun, but you got weird with it.. http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=5804266&postcount=139

The FUTURE
09-03-09, 09:42 AM
you would try to turn this into me being obsessed with you lol. Im just talking smack right ? glad there is a written law that says you can talk smack but when somebody throws it in your face you have to build a court case against them. Get a life lol. 4 leagues. "I put so much time n effort into my draft" Is your life goal to be the next brandon funston ? this is my last post. god you're prob. going to do background research on my life and use it in your next post. you don't have to come up with a court case in your next post. please save your life & time.

DaSh 1s
09-03-09, 10:02 AM
you would try to turn this into me being obsessed with you lol. Im just talking smack right ? glad there is a written law that says you can talk smack but when somebody throws it in your face you have to build a court case against them. Get a life lol. 4 leagues. "I put so much time n effort into my draft" Is your life goal to be the next brandon funston ? this is my last post. god you're prob. going to do background research on my life and use it in your next post. you don't have to come up with a court case in your next post. please save your life & time.

Hey buddy,

1- There is a difference, calling a player overated is on a different level from "look where your infinite wisdom has got you" "little big mouth know it all" or "i hope it hurts as you hit the cellar floor" to calling other posters my screen name floor. Just plain condescending. Sorry for violating you about Ryan Howard, I didn't know you swore allegiance to him.
2 - Don't really know how from a 5 minute post one can reference a court case/getting a life.
3 - Yes, you love me :) . You can't stop thinking about me (for four months apparently) and you can't my SN out your mouth. So flattering. I love it.

But otherwise, great come back up there ^, you won. All your posts were well formulated and you made clear points to state your case. :2thumbs:

yanksphan
09-03-09, 07:12 PM
This might be the most action the Auction League has ever seen in August/September.

johnnyyankee
09-13-09, 01:06 AM
Trish.

The FUTURE
10-01-09, 06:50 PM
to update. I won this league. A good life lesson can be learned from this situation. He who laughs last laughs hardest. sorry for hijacking this thread.