PDA

View Full Version : Gehrig Division Keeper Corrections!

patrick.o
03-27-09, 01:11 PM
Force - since you asked, Mr Smarty Pants, Andy LaRoche cannot be kept as a minor leaguer! He has passed his 150 ABs. Wanna make a change?

McLovin - Chris Iannetta was a FA pickup and therefore can't be kept in the 21st round. I assume the 20th is okay?

jlw1980
03-27-09, 01:14 PM
Damn, I didn't know that. Yeah, that's fine. Thanks. :)

The FUTURE
03-27-09, 01:57 PM
ahh much better.

The FUTURE
03-27-09, 01:59 PM
it was my understanding that we could leave a player in the minor's all season even if they exceeded the minor league status and bring them up the next season after the draft, which is what i was planning to do with LaRoche, maybe i misunderstood or made this up in my head, but if that rule doesn't exist or i just misunderstood it then I'd like to keep 1B Angel Villalona instead of LaRoche, but can someone let me know if LaRoche can be kept like that or was that just a misunderstanding on my part?

Soriambi
03-27-09, 02:30 PM
it was my understanding that we could leave a player in the minor's all season even if they exceeded the minor league status and bring them up the next season after the draft, which is what i was planning to do with LaRoche, maybe i misunderstood or made this up in my head, but if that rule doesn't exist or i just misunderstood it then I'd like to keep 1B Angel Villalona instead of LaRoche, but can someone let me know if LaRoche can be kept like that or was that just a misunderstanding on my part?

You're allowed to keep the guy in the minors all season long even if he's reached major league status unless you bring him up, but if he reaches Major League status you have to use a keeper on him.There was one year when I was closely following Delmon Young because if he'd reached 150 ABs I would have had to use a keeper on him even though he never got out of my minors that year. (He ended up with 143, so I got to use a minor league keeper on him, then promoted him right away since he was going to be a full time OF the next season.)

The FUTURE
03-27-09, 03:03 PM
You're allowed to keep the guy in the minors all season long even if he's reached major league status unless you bring him up, but if he reaches Major League status you have to use a keeper on him.There was one year when I was closely following Delmon Young because if he'd reached 150 ABs I would have had to use a keeper on him even though he never got out of my minors that year. (He ended up with 143, so I got to use a minor league keeper on him, then promoted him right away since he was going to be a full time OF the next season.)

ahh okay, i got you. i thought you got to keep them with a minor league keeper as long as you left them in the minors all year, which would be nice, but oh well. bummer. LaRoche is up for grabs boys. (and girls) Ill be keeping 1B ANGEL VILLALONA, SF GIANTS instead then.

The FUTURE
03-27-09, 03:06 PM
btw, I loveeeee Brett Anderson ;-). Looking more and more like he will get a spot in that A's rotation out of Spring Training.

patrick.o
03-28-09, 12:01 AM
Force - since you asked, Mr Smarty Pants, Andy LaRoche cannot be kept as a minor leaguer! He has passed his 150 ABs. Wanna make a change?

McLovin - Chris Iannetta was a FA pickup and therefore can't be kept in the 21st round. I assume the 20th is okay?

Force release Andy LaRoche and use a mL keeper on Angel Villalona.

McLovin moves Chris Iannetta to round 20.

Division completed!

miko
03-28-09, 12:12 AM
Marauders flawless in keeper selections!!!!!!

gdn
03-28-09, 08:52 AM
Marauders flawless in keeper selections!!!!!!Except that anal discharge problem you have, sh*tting wherever you talk.

miko
03-28-09, 10:35 AM
Does gdn stand for God Damn Noob???

gdn
03-28-09, 02:02 PM
Does gdn stand for God Damn Noob???No, it does not.

Soriambi
03-28-09, 02:43 PM
No, it does not.

Yeah, it's Damned, not Damn. Silly miko.