PDA

View Full Version : Tex NOT going to the Sox

Yankeesfan21
12-18-08, 10:36 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081218&content_id=3722397&vkey=hotstove2008&fext=.jsp

MLB.com has an article where Red Sox president John Henry says they have taken themselves out of the Teixera sweepstakes.

Yankee Fan in Boston
12-18-08, 10:38 PM
We really don't need another thread

Mark19
12-18-08, 10:40 PM
I get a kick out of these posters who just assume no one else is reading the news and create a new thread every time someone reports something

YanksFan1992
12-18-08, 10:41 PM
You probably could have put this in any of the other threads about Teixeira.

Yankeesfan21
12-18-08, 10:46 PM
Alright my bad lol Just figured it was kinda important considering they were leading the way for the last week or so..

i guess Mods just have to delete this thread then?

StingrayJG
12-18-08, 10:46 PM
This should just be :-padlock- 'd up before it gets any worse. How many more threads do we need with Tex in the title??

We appreciate the gesture to inform us, but contribute to any of the gazillion threads already going when this happens instead of starting yet another one.

YanksFan1992
12-18-08, 10:47 PM
Don't worry about it, but it would just get a bit repetitive if we made a new thread for every bit of news. ;)

flymick24
12-18-08, 10:49 PM
in before the lock

by the way, breaking news: boston not a factor fo teix yeah babeeezzz!!!111

StingrayJG
12-18-08, 10:50 PM
Hey at least you can start a thread if you want to. I'm still on probation. ;)

BigBats
12-18-08, 10:55 PM
There's a reason this is called "Inside the Lines II". If you don't like it, try the other forum.

YanksFan1992
12-18-08, 11:00 PM
There's a reason this is called "Inside the Lines II". If you don't like it, try the other forum.

Hey, I'll read this site as I please! :D

nojoke
12-18-08, 11:36 PM
wrong place to put this stuff lol

CommerceComet
12-18-08, 11:39 PM
I get a kick out of these posters who just assume no one else is reading the news and create a new thread every time someone reports somethingWasn't that the idea of ITL 2? As someone who doesn't have the luxury of enough time to read lots of news reports, I appreciate being able to come here and get a quick bit of Yankee-related news without having to read through the mega-threads on the original ITL forum.

JDPNYY
12-18-08, 11:40 PM
Wasn't that the idea of ITL 2? As someone who doesn't have the luxury of enough time to read lots of news reports, I appreciate being able to come here and get a quick bit of Yankee-related news without having to read through the mega-threads on the original ITL forum.

Tex not being signed by the Red Sox is not Yankee related news.

surge511
12-19-08, 12:27 AM
I get a kick out of these posters who just assume no one else is reading the news and create a new thread every time someone reports something

I think there's also an excitement that comes with being newly able to start threads. The compulsion is to instantly create a thread lol.

DEADSOX
12-19-08, 12:30 AM
I guess everyone is different, but I'm glad this is a new thread, I was getting sick of reading through the other Tex threads honestly and probably wouldn't have known this. I figured any big news would make a thread of its own, and imo, this is big news.

Fabien Brandy
12-19-08, 06:32 AM
:-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock- :-banned-:

JohnnyDamonfan
12-19-08, 08:07 AM
Well look on the bright side we still have a extremely slim chance to get Tex now.

nyyfanatic85
12-19-08, 08:55 AM
I'm going to look at the bright side and hope the Angels get him; that way it will clear up the market for Manny to come to the Yanks!

Lets Win Again
12-19-08, 10:09 AM
sweet lou says otherwise....

dadrumma
12-19-08, 10:42 AM
im just relieved that he wont be a sawx. that was the one place i was hoping he didnt wind up. next on the list
orioles
angels
nationals

YankeeSteel
12-19-08, 10:48 AM
I think it's a ploy by the Sox to stop Boras price war - and get under Boras' skin.

They (Bo Sox) want him.

IMO

TEPLimey
12-19-08, 10:52 AM
In Before The Lock

Yankee Fan in Boston
12-19-08, 11:07 AM
I think it's a ploy by the Sox to stop Boras price war - and get under Boras' skin.

They (Bo Sox) want him.

IMO

The last time the Sox tried to call Boras's bluff, Damon became Yankee

CommerceComet
12-19-08, 12:25 PM
Tex not being signed by the Red Sox is not Yankee related news.I don't agree in this sense. Any big time free agent who perfectly fits a need of the Yankees and seems to be back on the market is Yankee-related news. If Tex isn't a suitable topic for Yankee discussion, why are there threads on both versions of Inside the Lines? Did the moderators fall asleep?

I for one would not be the least bit surprised if the Yankees are last-minute entry in the Tex Sweepstakes. Any denials or apparent inattention could easily be negotiating ploys.

Tifoso
12-19-08, 12:37 PM
This thread is OK, in ITLII ;)

Thanks for the report--great news.

So no Tex and no Manny for the Sox. Cool.

Bet they sign Lowe.

yankeeman61
12-19-08, 12:37 PM
Yankeesfan21: how did it feel to get the ever loving shart kicked out of you for starting this thread? I'll bet you'll never make that mistake again!
:lol:

the_coach
12-19-08, 12:38 PM
Great yet another Tex thread...just what was needed...

bigjf
12-19-08, 02:56 PM
I don't about the rest of you, but I'll believe this when the ink is dry. DTB: Don't Trust Boston (or Boras).

Stache Fan
12-19-08, 03:05 PM
You can never have enough Tex. Unless, of course, the Sox do get him, in which case I never want to see him again.

JDPNYY
12-19-08, 03:26 PM
I don't agree in this sense. Any big time free agent who perfectly fits a need of the Yankees and seems to be back on the market is Yankee-related news. If Tex isn't a suitable topic for Yankee discussion, why are there threads on both versions of Inside the Lines? Did the moderators fall asleep?

I for one would not be the least bit surprised if the Yankees are last-minute entry in the Tex Sweepstakes. Any denials or apparent inattention could easily be negotiating ploys.

So for example...

I could start a thread in this Forum about the start on Winter on Sunday. I could validate the breaking news as Yankee related because the Yankees don't play any games in winter, but there could be some trades or free agent signings.

I think I understand this Forum now. Thanks.

primetime714
12-19-08, 03:27 PM
Wasn't the whole point of ITL II to have a place where people are scrutinized for starting threads?

Everyone needs to get off their high horses and let the Mods deal with thread monitoring.

JDPNYY
12-19-08, 03:28 PM
Wasn't the whole point of ITL II to have a place where people are scrutinized for starting threads?

Everyone needs to get off their high horses and let the Mods deal with thread monitoring.

Maybe the Mods only have ponies.

Tifoso
12-19-08, 03:30 PM
This, IMHO, is Yankees related, as Tex not going to Boston increases his chances of coming to the Yanks by x, ergo, it is worthy of Yankees discussion. When he signs somewhere else, new threads would go in ATM (interesting symmetry there, doncha think? :D )

bigjf
12-19-08, 04:21 PM
This, IMHO, is Yankees related, as Tex not going to Boston increases his chances of coming to the Yanks by x, ergo, it is worthy of Yankees discussion. When he signs somewhere else, new threads would go in ATM (interesting symmetry there, doncha think? :D )

Actually it probably increases the Nationals chances of getting him if anything....provided that it's true that Boston is out.

the_coach
12-19-08, 04:26 PM
Actually it probably increases the Nationals chances of getting him if anything....provided that it's true that Boston is out.

Of course...Boston is not out...read all about it on their national TV network...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3782228

JDPNYY
12-19-08, 04:32 PM

Is there a Nationals Inside the Lines II Forum?

bigjf
12-19-08, 04:37 PM
Of course...Boston is not out...read all about it on their national TV network...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3782228

From their favorite groupie, no less.

CommerceComet
12-19-08, 06:17 PM
I think there's also an excitement that comes with being newly able to start threads. The compulsion is to instantly create a thread lol.Apparently, there must also be some thrill in criticizing every thread that does get started.

bucky
12-19-08, 08:28 PM
???? The BoSox are just holding pat with their 175M offer. They are NOT out of it. BoSox want Te. $cott is waiting for a counter offer from Angles (at 160M).

Kinda glad we have not made an offer. I feel Manny for 3 is a better deal for us.

Bucky