PDA

View Full Version : Trade Proposals

sjb23
10-31-08, 06:29 PM
whoops - mistake - see ITL 2

The PRO
11-01-08, 10:52 AM
Let's make sure we trade Melky Cabrera in ANY trade. Make the other team take him. Gardner has so much more potential than "Mr. Pop-up" with RISP.

ppa79
11-01-08, 10:54 AM
Let's make sure we trade Melky Cabrera in ANY trade. Make the other team take him. Gardner has so much more potential than "Mr. Pop-up" with RISP.

I'll trade a hotdog for him. We got a deal?

bigjf
11-01-08, 12:46 PM
I'll trade a hotdog for him. We got a deal?

Hell no. Hotdogs are delicious.

Nome
11-01-08, 05:12 PM

Brett Gardiner will be lucky to be a journeyman Major Leaguer. Cabrera is orders of magnitude better than Gardiner. If you Trade Melky then include Gardiner. He's worthless

Andy

mrmike98
11-01-08, 07:47 PM
Brett Gardiner will be lucky to be a journeyman Major Leaguer. Cabrera is orders of magnitude better than Gardiner. If you Trade Melky then include Gardiner. He's worthless

Andy

Any old way you cut the cake the Yankees have a CF problem that needs addressing. Having seen them all from young Mantle forward I'd be aghast (upset too) if either member of that lightweight duo opened the season.

Slioman
11-01-08, 09:56 PM

Andy

I'm inclined to disagree, currently. I want more data on how Gardner's defense is. In a small sample size, Gardner had an elite-level range in center field. CHONEs is predicting 11 runs saved in a corner OF, while 5 runs saved in center. If Gardner can sniff something along the lines of a .680 OPS with that amount of runs saved, he could be a serviceable major leaguer. Possibly even a starter. The problem is that he is by no means proven.

justinvarnes
11-01-08, 10:42 PM
Also, I think the idea is that between Damon/Gardner/Cabrera they can fill the CF slot for next season until Jackson can show if he's truly ready for the job.

It seems that unless the Yanks can haul a serious CF, why not just let some combination of those three fill the gap and allow Jackson the chance to be the CF for years to come. Cheap, young and homegrown.