PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steinbrenner Taking a Shot at Joe Torre

JetersQueen
09-24-08, 12:36 PM
I don't know if this belongs in this particular set of forums, but peep this: Hank needs to let it go. He looks like a fool. The Yanks should've kept Joe for this season, at least. Oh well, since the Yanks aren't playing, I'll be pulling for Joe and his Dodgers to do well, I guess...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8602240#sport=NFL&photo=8601426

Mods: If it doesn't go here, please put this thread where it belongs. Thanks!

White Knight
09-24-08, 06:16 PM
I don't know if this belongs in this particular set of forums, but peep this: Hank needs to let it go. He looks like a fool. The Yanks should've kept Joe for this season, at least. Oh well, since the Yanks aren't playing, I'll be pulling for Joe and his Dodgers to do well, I guess...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8602240#sport=NFL&photo=8601426

Mods: If it doesn't go here, please put this thread where it belongs. Thanks!

I don't see it as a shot at Torre. He's just saying the Yanks might finish with a better record than the Dodgers. They may also have a better record than the Mets. The Yankess ARE better than both of those teams, we're just in a much tougher division and league.

Hobbes40
09-24-08, 07:58 PM
While Hank probably is right, he really needs to stop talking about it, because that's just going to call more attention to the situation. And he looks really bad trying to denigrate Torre at this point...it looks like sour apples (which it probably is...)

Mantle'sMutt
09-24-08, 08:14 PM
And to think now that when Torre said he didn't feel welcome back to the club before rejecting the offer last winter, people said he was imagining (or making up) things and was being something of a whining ingrate. I have no doubt that much of the reason Torre decided to decline is that Hank made it clear that Hank would make it a living hell if he didn't. Could be wrong, but that's MHO, and am sticking to it. :)

President Kennedy
09-24-08, 08:17 PM
Poor Joe. He really deserved a contract for life. They probably should have named the new Stadium after him too. :(

Mantle'sMutt
09-24-08, 08:39 PM
Poor Joe. He really deserved a contract for life. They probably should have named the new Stadium after him too. :(

Yeah, that's what I really meant to say. :o

followwind
09-24-08, 09:01 PM
And some people on this forum were saying that people should "get over it"...

Hank, seriously, mind your own business. Nobody gave a rat's ass about a 83 win team winning a world series two years ago and nobody will care if the Dodgers have a worse record than the Yankees.

Godzilllllla
09-24-08, 09:59 PM
Hank is a bumbling moron, from what i can tell. he should keep his mouth shut because his comments add absolutely nothing positive.

Jglaubman
09-24-08, 10:05 PM
I hate Hank......

JeffWeaverFan
09-24-08, 10:06 PM
Hank shouldn't be talking, but fact is, Torre is lucky he's in the worst division in baseball and they were given Manny or a lot of the moves he had been making would have put them nowhere close to a playoff spot.

jimmykey2
09-24-08, 10:15 PM
Hank shouldn't be talking, but fact is, Torre is lucky he's in the worst division in baseball and they were given Manny or a lot of the moves he had been making would have put them nowhere close to a playoff spot.

Joe did lose his BEST player early in the season, or at least the one who was playing the best (Furcal). He lost his closer. He was given the worst hitter in the sport (Andruw Jones). A kid was his best third baseman before the Casey Blake trade. The only servicable 4 or 5 starter he's had all season is a 20 year-old.

Torre didn't luck into the playoff spot.

azzurribaggio
09-25-08, 12:10 AM
Hank needs to stop trying to be like Big Stein, just be Hank. The fans would even accept the fact if he never made comments period like 90% of the owners in baseball. I think the press knows they can press his buttons and get some questionable comments.

ksison
09-25-08, 12:13 AM
i think Hank wants his own talk show.. or radio show.. the man won't stop talking

GeneralZod
09-25-08, 12:40 AM
By Hank's Logic, the 2000 Cleveland Indians (90-72, no playoffs) would like a word with the 2000 Yankees (87-74)

freebubba
09-25-08, 09:17 AM
Hank said nothing wrong here. And, I am sure he was responding to a baited question from a reporter. Should he have taken the highroad and said "Joe's done a great job over there, I am not surprised"? Probably. But Ned Colleti deserves a lot of credit for going out and getting Joe Manny Ramirez to write into the lineup every night.

Dannman103
09-25-08, 09:21 AM
i think Hank wants his own talk show.. or radio show.. the man won't stop talking

I'd rather see him doing that than attempting to run the Yankees.

JOBA RULES
09-25-08, 09:26 AM
Hank needs to shut up...What Joe did with this franchise might never be seen again, the guys a winner and I do think he was taken for granted...It makes me sick the way he left this team, one day Joe will get the praise he deserves and hopefully it's sooner then later.

tcan411
09-25-08, 09:41 AM
I actually think Hank was making a statement about a team that HAPPENED to have Torre, not taking a shot. That said the point is pretty useless to me. There are almost always teams with better records that dont make it in and sour grapes about it looks petty (as mentioned eralier us over the 2000 Indians).

Its not like we haven't been there for the last 13 years. Act like you've been there before and take it like a man....

What really bugs me about this is you really never hear other teams int he past in this situation make this whinney statement.

Mean Linguine
09-25-08, 10:04 AM
By Hank's Logic, the 2000 Cleveland Indians (90-72, no playoffs) would like a word with the 2000 Yankees (87-74)

Exactly!

bobby jr
09-25-08, 12:02 PM
Even if what he said has some truth to it, timing is everything. To say it at this point in the season sounds like sour grapes.

CommerceComet
09-25-08, 12:33 PM
And some people on this forum were saying that people should "get over it"...True but usually only if you say something positive about Torre. To some people criticizing Joe Torre never gets old.

jimmyquickpitch
09-25-08, 04:03 PM
Hank needs to stop trying to be like Big Stein, just be Hank.

What if this is Hank? Just not as smart and never accomplished anything in his life on his own.

Jesus Hank, SHUT THE HELL UP!

White Knight
09-25-08, 04:40 PM
What if this is Hank? Just not as smart and never accomplished anything in his life on his own.

Jesus Hank, SHUT THE HELL UP!

Kind of like former president George HW Bush and his son. :D

SoCal Pinstriper
09-25-08, 04:45 PM
But Ned Colleti deserves a lot of credit for going out and getting Joe Manny Ramirez to write into the lineup every night.After burdening him with Andruw Jones, Juan Pierre, and Jason Schmidt, it was the least Colletti could do. ;)