PDA

View Full Version : We play today, we win today. Das it.

YankeesAce4Life
08-29-08, 09:07 PM
This is going to define the rest of the season. Mariano Duncan couldn't have said it any better.

BillBuckner
08-29-08, 09:08 PM
Why the hell not. :gulp: :gulp: :NY:

YankeesAce4Life
08-29-08, 09:10 PM
Why the hell not. :gulp: :gulp: :NY:

I'll be doing some of that this weekend. :gulp:

allstarcano22
08-29-08, 09:35 PM
as much as i am exstatic we have won the last two games we need to start scoring more runs if we are going to keep winning. Our pitching is not going to get us the wins we need down the stretch if we only score 2 or 3 runs a game

YankeeMax
08-29-08, 09:38 PM
as much as i am exstatic we have won the last two games we need to start scoring more runs if we are going to keep winning. Our pitching is not going to get us the wins we need down the stretch if we only score 2 or 3 runs a game

I'll be ticked if we don't score at least 7 runs tommorow. This guy hasn't started a game since july 25 and has three releif appearances since. Last one 8/10.

Does anyone know anything about him.

YanksFan1992
08-29-08, 09:40 PM
I've been saying it for the last few months and I'll say it again....

We will make the playoffs. Believe. :NY:

allstarcano22
08-29-08, 10:10 PM
i duno theres 32 games left right? if we go 23-9... getting us to 95 wins the sox would have to go just 17-15 for us to be tied with them. and we also cant count out minny and chicago

Hellsing
08-29-08, 10:16 PM
0% chance they make the post-season.

I'd like to be wrong, but I am not.

Boston and Chicago/Minn would have to undergo an epic collapse akin to the 2007 Mets. It will not happen.

sweet_lou_14
08-29-08, 10:23 PM
0% chance they make the post-season.

I'd like to be wrong, but I am not.

Boston and Chicago/Minn would have to undergo an epic collapse akin to the 2007 Mets. It will not happen.

Are you going to show up in every thread with this stuff?

I think everyone is WELL aware of how slim their chances are. But guess what, it's not 0%.

goin for 27
08-29-08, 10:27 PM
Correct. It is 2.2% chance.....

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php

Hellsing
08-29-08, 10:31 PM
Are you going to show up in every thread with this stuff?

I think everyone is WELL aware of how slim their chances are. But guess what, it's not 0%.

If it provokes this type of response, I might.

I can tell the future. I see the Yankees missing the post-season. 0%! (I know BP says a 2% chance...but if you have watched this team at ALL this season, you know it's a 0% chance)

You can get excited about a few wins, but Boston has Dice-K, Lester, and Beckett (who is now healthy).

If you REALLY think that a guy with a 2.82 ERA, a guy with a 3.41 ERA, and one of the greatest money pitchers of all time are ALL going to collapse down the stretch....I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I hope I'm wrong.

sweet_lou_14
08-29-08, 10:36 PM
If it provokes this type of response, I might.

I can tell the future. I see the Yankees missing the post-season. 0%! (I know BP says a 2% chance...but if you have watched this team at ALL this season, you know it's a 0% chance)

You can get excited about a few wins, but Boston has Dice-K, Lester, and Beckett (who is now healthy).

If you REALLY think that a guy with a 2.82 ERA, a guy with a 3.41 ERA, and one of the greatest money pitchers of all time are ALL going to collapse down the stretch....I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I hope I'm wrong.

You seem to be spoiling for a fight, but I'm not interested. I will point out though that Beckett is not healthy. He's on the DL.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080829&content_id=3385591&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Hellsing
08-29-08, 10:38 PM
You seem to be spoiling for a fight, but I'm not interested. I will point out though that Beckett is not healthy. He's on the DL.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080829&content_id=3385591&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

retroactive to Aug. 18

He comes back on September 8th. If he's fine, they're fine. If he's not fine, they are still fine.

Hold onto your 2% chance. I will wait for next year.
I can only look forward to watching Aceves and Hughes pitch this year to see if 2009 will be the year the Yankees return to prominence.

YanksFan1992
08-29-08, 10:59 PM
i duno theres 32 games left right? if we go 23-9... getting us to 95 wins the sox would have to go just 17-15 for us to be tied with them. and we also cant count out minny and chicago

28 left after tonight.

YanksFan1992
08-29-08, 11:02 PM
He comes back on September 8th. If he's fine, they're fine. If he's not fine, they are still fine.

Hold onto your 2% chance. I will wait for next year.
I can only look forward to watching Aceves and Hughes pitch this year to see if 2009 will be the year the Yankees return to prominence.

0 percent chance is impossible. Close to zero maybe, but 0 percent is impossible. There maybe less than 1 millionith of a percent chance that aliens will destroy the planet tomorrow, but there is still a chance.

Is it likely that we will make the playoffs? Absolutely not. But there is still a chance. And if you do feel like waiting for next year, at least continue to watch the games, because if you don't you'll be missing one heck of a ride.

webassign
08-29-08, 11:16 PM
we play today, we lose today, das it.

YanksFan1992
08-29-08, 11:17 PM
we play today, we lose today, das it.
What happened today then? :lol:

webassign
08-29-08, 11:35 PM
What happened today then? :lol:
the only games they are allowed to win from now on are games that Moose and Pavano start

Jeter Kid
08-29-08, 11:41 PM
The Yanks can only tease me for so long. They win the odd game and keep giving me hope, but the rope runs shorter every day.

Astroholic
08-29-08, 11:57 PM
We will make the playoffs. Believe.

That's our [Astros] gay ass moto. Don't waste your time with it.

WashingtonYankee
08-30-08, 12:23 AM
Well, hopefully.... there's a chance that I see my boys in NY in the playoffs.

Fingers crossed.

I'm going to all three Yankee vs. Mariner games next weekend! Can't wait!

Jeter Kid
08-30-08, 12:25 AM
Well, hopefully.... there's a chance that I see my boys in NY in the playoffs.

Fingers crossed.

I'm going to all three Yankee vs. Mariner games next weekend! Can't wait!

Have fun watching the exhibition games.

YanksFan1992
08-30-08, 12:39 AM
That's our [Astros] gay ass moto. Don't waste your time with it.

Thanks, but I seek sports out of enjoyment so until the very end I will continue to believe. All we need to do is make up 3 games in the next 25 to give ourselves a chance, so I will continue to believe.

YanksFan1992
08-30-08, 12:39 AM
Have fun watching the exhibition games.

You're lucky you don't root for the Mariners. ;)

sjb23
08-30-08, 07:26 AM
"We play today, we score 3 runs or less today. Das it."

This would actually be the motto for the 2008.. I saw a stat yesterday -- they have scored 3 runs or less in 43% of their games !! UNBELIEVABLE!!

You just can't be much more than a .500 team in the American League with that type of offensive production.

Also, they are 48-16 when they score first. That means they are 24-46 when the other team scores first. This doesn't say much for the offense's ability to fight back

montrealer
08-30-08, 08:09 AM
This team still has trouble scoring.........will not bode well down the stretch when you have Pavano,Rasner and Ponson anchoring your pitching staff..........

But till the math doesn`t add up you gotta hang in.

wardsp
08-30-08, 08:18 AM
I don't really see us pulling this off...but I am hopeful.

YankeeMax
08-30-08, 08:36 AM
dr James Andrews ... Beckett is done

GimeMoMuny
08-30-08, 08:54 AM
Obviously, the Yankees' hopes rely on an offensive surge.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see one since almost every Yankee player (save Abreu and Damon) has underperformed to date. If things even out, then a surge is possible.

Allan
08-30-08, 08:43 PM
Elaborate.

Pinstripe Pride23
08-31-08, 11:41 AM

Is this your opinion or has someting been announced?

YanksFan1992
08-31-08, 12:08 PM
Is this your opinion or has someting been announced?

Nothing's been announced, so I'm guessing it's just that poster's opinion.

Centerhero
08-31-08, 03:21 PM
Fold up the tents, the circus is over.

yankswn23
09-02-08, 09:03 AM
Joe Girardi: [at a team meeting] Can I have your attention, please?
[picks up a bat and leans on it like a walking stick]

Joe Girardi: I have something I think you all ought to know about. It seems that Mr. Steinbrenner doesn't think too highly of our worth. He put this team together because he thought we'd be bad enough to finish dead last, knocking attendance down to the point where he could move the team across the street... and get rid of all of us for better personnel.

A-Rod: Even me?

Joe Girardi: Even you, Alex.

Derek Jeter: What if we DON'T finish last?

Joe Girardi: he'll REPLACE you with somebody who WILL. After this season, you'll be sent back to the minors or given your outright release.

Derek Jeter: [Derek stands up] Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.

A- Rod: What's that?

Derek Jeter: Win the whole fu**ing thing.

Road Trip 1-0 9 left to go..

RI Dawg
09-02-08, 11:17 AM
^nice "major league" ref. right there....good movie