PDA

View Full Version : Last Post Names

Butnud
05-20-00, 03:43 PM
Hey where did the names on the forum page who made their last post in a certain category go?

I hope that makes sense. I really hope you don't take that away Jim. I refer to that when I do my posts.

JimF
05-20-00, 03:48 PM
I'm testing it out for a while. I think some people were a little apprehensive about posting; and possibly didn't post in a topic because of it. Though I'm not really sure. All I know is that the only person who consistently posted in every forum was you; and I'm sure others would as well, if their name isn't up there.

We'll see how it goes. If involvement increases, I don't think I'll do anything. If it doesn't change much, I'll put it back. I like it too, so hopefully people won't be afraid to post, even with it being there.

Butnud
05-20-00, 03:55 PM
oh okay,
since this is my 401st post do i get my addicted member name changed to what I want.

how about this one?

Butnud

JimF
05-20-00, 03:57 PM
Is that why you've been posting so much? You just wanted to get to 400?

That wasn't the point...

Butnud
05-20-00, 04:07 PM
of course not!
I have been posting a lot because I want to keep up with the latest news and info on the Yankke baseclub and simply baseball in general. My point is for me to gain a very good idea of the areas I lack knwledge in witrh baseball. I am not the smartest fan in every topic of baseball, but I want to be. So my theory is the more posts I write the more i gain knowledge of the game I love the most.

Kimmie
05-20-00, 04:13 PM
AND I got ragged on for having 200 posts so soon? hmmm

Anyway, Jim, this is one thing I agree with you on! ;)
I hated seeing my name up there when I posted! I don't know about anyone else, but I hated it!

Butnud
05-20-00, 04:15 PM
Because this is suggestion I will make a post in the just conversation to continue this topic.

JimF
05-20-00, 11:48 PM
I hated seeing my name up there when I posted! I don't know about anyone else, but I hated it!

I had a feeling that was the case. Personally, I liked it for reference sake. But I sometimes didn't post something, just for fear of having my name up there more than once. I figured other people had to feel the same way.

And considering we've had almost 100 new posts since I eliminated it this afternoon, when we used to get about 100 posts in an ENTIRE day, I think a lot of people feel the same way.

I have a feeling I'll be leaving it the way it is. I'd rather have more people posting, than saving some time here or there.