PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Pitching?

dougj1
07-29-08, 04:13 AM
It's nice to read all about the position players (rumors) that Cashman is going after, but this team needs Starting Pitching, more now than ever......They have a tough remaining schedule and although Sox & Rays have been playing poorly,that may not last as Sox will probably come up with bullpen help...Yanks starting pitching is poorest I've seen in many years.Opening up the season with 2 unproven rookies in the rotation was an irresponsible move by ths GM.

stupidpunchline
07-29-08, 04:24 AM
Pitching... what a great idea for a thread topic.

Vin R.
07-29-08, 11:13 AM
as long as we don't hit rock bottom and sign roger clemens.

What would be worse, signing clemens or bonds?

webassign
07-29-08, 11:14 AM
as long as we don't hit rock bottom and sign roger clemens.

What would be worse, signing clemens or bonds?
I can give you 28 million pro-rated reasons why Clemens is worse.

teknetic
07-29-08, 11:17 AM
Pitching... what a great idea for a thread topic.

Doug's threads are usually always great ideas. I'm pretty sure he makes it a point to say "Cashman sucks" during any and every conversaton he has in real life.

JeterRodriguezSheff
07-29-08, 11:18 AM
The best starter we can acquire would be Wang. Then we will get Washburn giving us a rotation of

Joba
Pettitte
Wang
Mussina
Washburn

That looks like a pretty strong rotation to me, with minimal trades. Basically the rotation will fix itself, the offense most likely will not.

Yankee Fan in Boston
07-29-08, 11:24 AM
It's nice to read all about the position players (rumors) that Cashman is going after, but this team needs Starting Pitching, more now than ever......They have a tough remaining schedule and although Sox & Rays have been playing poorly,that may not last as Sox will probably come up with bullpen help...Yanks starting pitching is poorest I've seen in many years.Opening up the season with 2 unproven rookies in the rotation was an irresponsible move by ths GM.

When you say many, is that more than one? Because the rotation isn't any worse than it was last year.

Vin R.
07-29-08, 11:24 AM
really, if pavano comes back their is a possibility that he pitches well. ive always said that pavano was not a bad signing because you had to believe he was going to pitch well. he's still a quality starter if he stays healthy. at least better than ponson and rasner.

Gusto
07-29-08, 11:48 AM
really, if pavano comes back their is a possibility that he pitches well. ive always said that pavano was not a bad signing because you had to believe he was going to pitch well. he's still a quality starter if he stays healthy. at least better than ponson and rasner.

He's only pitched a handful of games in the last 4 years. He's coming off TJ surgery. He really wasn't that "quality" 4 years ago. His chances of making an impact now is wishful thinking. If he can, good for him, but the odds seem very low to me.

R.V.47
07-29-08, 12:12 PM

Thats really the key here with whoever the yanks are looking at be it Washburn or bringing back Pavano or Kennedy or Hughes. We dont need them to be great all we need them to do is to be better than Ponson or Rasner. Thats why we are not as desperate as the Mariners think.

bigjf
07-29-08, 03:13 PM
Two badly pitched games, including 1 rare game at this point from the guy who has been the MVP of the team, and a thread like this is hatched? I would've felt better seeing another lack of offense thread..."Can't the Yanks score 20 runs in a game ONE TIME this season???!!!!"

I guess Rasner will keep this thread alive tonight. Yes, those two can't remain in the rotation, but I'm betting there is someone in AAA who can come up soon and deliver. Whether it's Kennedy and/or Aceves, or even if the C-Word can get "healthy."

And we're not getting Washburn. That new GM in Seattle is an idiot for raising his asking price.

Vin R.
07-29-08, 03:26 PM
Wang had his boot removed today and will be on crutches for a week.

iWant27
07-29-08, 04:16 PM
The best starter we can acquire would be Wang. Then we will get Washburn giving us a rotation of

Joba
Pettitte
Wang
Mussina
Washburn

That looks like a pretty strong rotation to me, with minimal trades. Basically the rotation will fix itself, the offense most likely will not.

Do you even know that Wang , even with very optimistic calculations , wont be very effective until second half of september .
And what makes you think Washburn is a done deal .
On paper every year Yankees look strong until the games start and the season starts to play out .

dougj1
07-30-08, 03:33 AM
Teknetic- Aw shucks,you give me too much credit when you say I always say Cashman sucks when I'm having an everyday conversation...The only time I say someone sucks is when I refer to you!!

Brick Tamland
07-30-08, 06:09 AM
You know things are bad when Pavano's name is thrown out there as being a potential part of the rotation...

bigjf
07-30-08, 05:07 PM
You know things are bad when Pavano's name is thrown out there as being a potential part of the rotation...

Don't underestimate the power of the walk year, particularly with "him."

Masta Z
07-30-08, 05:21 PM
Is Chacon still free? I HIGHLY doubt he could be worse than ponson...and he could be excellent