PDA

View Full Version : Bengie Molina/Ramon Hernandez?

NYKforever
07-21-08, 07:57 PM
Some veteran catching options that could potentially be added for mid-level prospects. If we are going to make a serious run at this thing, I don't see it happening with Jose Molina as our primary catcher. Bengie probably isn't in San Fran's long term plans as Buster Posey seems to be on the fast track but he is relatively cheap and has one year left so the Giants might not be in a big rush to deal him.

Ramon Hernandez is definitely not in the Orioles long term plans seeing as the beast known as Matt Wieters is flying up the system. Then again, he also has a short deal (done after 2009) and is also on a team within our division. I'm not sure the Orioles are in a big rush to help out a team that has dashed their hopes in the past.

Yankee Fan in Boston
07-21-08, 08:38 PM
Some veteran catching options that could potentially be added for mid-level prospects. If we are going to make a serious run at this thing, I don't see it happening with Jose Molina as our primary catcher. Bengie probably isn't in San Fran's long term plans as Buster Posey seems to be on the fast track but he is relatively cheap and has one year left so the Giants might not be in a big rush to deal him.

Ramon Hernandez is definitely not in the Orioles long term plans seeing as the beast known as Matt Wieters is flying up the system. Then again, he also has a short deal (done after 2009) and is also on a team within our division. I'm not sure the Orioles are in a big rush to help out a team that has dashed their hopes in the past.

I don't see the problem with Molina. If you are going to go for defense at one position, I'd make it catcher. The bigger problem is that Brett Gardner has been in one of our corner OF spots -- that is the place we need some offense from (and hopefully Damon can play the field soon).

TheDynasty26
07-22-08, 07:38 AM
Jose Molina backing up Bengie Molina...

Sweet Mary thats alota Molina!

primetime714
07-22-08, 09:49 AM
I don't see the problem with Molina. If you are going to go for defense at one position, I'd make it catcher. The bigger problem is that Brett Gardner has been in one of our corner OF spots -- that is the place we need some offense from (and hopefully Damon can play the field soon).

I agree, if we trade for offense let's add an OF not a C.

yankeeman61
07-22-08, 01:14 PM
The Yanks should go for the trifecta and get Yadier Molina and Bengie Molina. It would be just like the Alou brothers....only larger.

Bengie would be a great offensive pickup and is also great defensively. Probably won't be happening.

BroadwayBomber55
07-22-08, 02:13 PM
The Yanks should go for the trifecta and get Yadier Molina and Bengie Molina. It would be just like the Alou brothers....only larger.

Bengie would be a great offensive pickup and is also great defensively. Probably won't be happening.
It won't happen.

If it did, Bengie can give the Yankees a clutch bat and nice defense, but needs to lose a lot of weight.

My friends who are Giants are gonna grab me by the collar and said, "WHY?!"

HelloNewman
07-22-08, 04:37 PM
Jose Molina backing up Bengie Molina...

Sweet Mary thats alota Molina!It's been done before. :)

http://bengiemolina.mlblogs.com/MeAndJoseWithAngels.JPG

bigjf
07-23-08, 10:21 AM
I'd take Bengie, but I don't want Ramon Hernandez.

Hobbes40
07-23-08, 05:22 PM
I bet if we collect all 3 Molinas, they'll magically combine into the greatest catcher ever :P

ppa79
07-23-08, 05:23 PM
I want all the Molina brothers.

yankeesrule2000
07-27-08, 12:19 PM
http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/10944/20080726/giants_shopping_molina_and_winn_to_new_york_teams/

ober0n98
07-27-08, 07:14 PM
didn't anaheim win a WS with two molinas? two's probably better than one.