PDA

View Full Version : When Do We Become Sellers?

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-02-08, 12:07 PM
Let's face it. Things are beginning to look somewhat bleak. If the Yanks don't pick up some games during the upcoming Boston and Tampa series', do we become sellers? Assuming this team is in the midst of rebuilding , it makes sense to trim fat. Who becomes expendable? I'm thinking they could receive decent returns for:

-Mussina (If he gives them authority, Philly?)
-Damon (Possibly Arizona? Oakland?)
-Abreu (Again Arizona?)
-Melky (Anywhere?)
-Giambi?

Axon
07-02-08, 12:09 PM
I agree, but I fear they will not trade away players for good young pieces. Instead the team will be stuck with a bloated payroll and inconsistent players.

Donpaulbernmo
07-02-08, 12:10 PM
Let's face it. Things are beginning to look somewhat bleak. If the Yanks don't pick up some games during the upcoming Boston and Tampa series', do we become sellers? If this team is in the midst of the rebuilding process, it makes sense to trim so fat. Who becomes expendable? I'm thinking they could receive decent returns for:

-Abreu (Again Arizona?)
-Melky (Anywhere?)
-Giambi?

I could see all those guys getting something decent in return for us (maybe a couple of young position players). Giambi's numbers this year and his contract should make him tantalizing to someone if we're selling. Please keep Melky.

Donpaulbernmo
07-02-08, 12:10 PM
I agree, but I fear they will not trade away players for good young pieces. Instead the team will be stuck with a bloated payroll and inconsistent players.

Well Cash did trade Sheff and RJ for young guys. So there is at least a history of him doing this, though who knows if Hank will let him.

Axon
07-02-08, 12:13 PM
Well Cash did trade Sheff and RJ for young guys. So there is at least a history of him doing this, though who knows if Hank will let him.

True, true. But those were off-season trades. I'd love to fleece a team for a top-flight prospect and some others in exchange for Moose and we take some of his salary. :D Or maybe just for a team who desperately needs pitching without the salary.

Mark19
07-02-08, 12:14 PM
Our trade chips are either older AAA guys or expensive guys past their primes.

Moose won't approve a trade, Abreu won't get us much in return, Giambi is only valuable to us and guys like Rasner and Melky aren't likely to stick in any team's rotation or outfield.

stupidpunchline
07-02-08, 12:15 PM
Abreu and Pettitte will probably be Type-A, so unless the Yanks are blown away by an offer they should hold on to them.

Mussina and Giambi will probably be Type-B, so the Yanks might be better off getting a major league ready player for them.

Even though it would be selling low, I have no problem with Melky being sold off.

Johnny Damon is an important part of the 2009 team. No freakin' way should they trade him.

THEBOSS84
07-02-08, 12:17 PM
I made a thread about this recently called "Trade pieces for dynasty run"

Donpaulbernmo
07-02-08, 12:18 PM
Our trade chips are either older AAA guys or expensive guys past their primes.

Moose won't approve a trade, Abreu won't get us much in return, Giambi is only valuable to us and guys like Rasner and Melky aren't likely to stick in any team's rotation or outfield.

Abreu and Giambi both have expiring contracts. They'll get more in return than most peopel think.

THEBOSS84
07-02-08, 12:20 PM
Abreu and Giambi both have expiring contracts. They'll get more in return than most peopel think.

If Giambi is traded at the deadline, the team that takes him on will have to pay him the remainder of his 2008 contract (around $11-12M) and a $5M buyout for next season.

The Yankee Captain
07-02-08, 12:21 PM
The last season at Yankee Stadium and the Yanks are going to become sellers at the deadline? Not happening.

Win a few games and people are all optimistic, lose a few and people prepare for the worst. Some people crack me up. Is Boston going to sell at the deadline as well? They're a whole 4 games up on the Yanks in the loss column. Go start that thread, as well.

I have a strange feeling come September 1 the Yanks will be right in the thick of things.

JohnnyDamonfan
07-02-08, 12:22 PM
Mussina? Are You serious? Our most consistant starter and you want to trade him? Mussina is doing awesome right now. I don't know what more you want from this guy. Unless we get someone huge I don't want our most consistant starter of 2008 being consistant on another team.

Donpaulbernmo
07-02-08, 12:23 PM
If Giambi is traded at the deadline, the team that takes him on will have to pay him the remainder of his 2008 contract (around $11-12M) and a $5M buyout for next season.

Then hopefully the Yanks will kick in some money if we get something back thats worth it.

YESSIR!
07-02-08, 12:24 PM
Abreu and Pettitte will probably be Type-A, so unless the Yanks are blown away by an offer they should hold on to them.

Mussina and Giambi will probably be Type-B, so the Yanks might be better off getting a major league ready player for them.

Even though it would be selling low, I have no problem with Melky being sold off.

Johnny Damon is an important part of the 2009 team. No freakin' way should they trade him.

If Giambi keeps playing well, he will most likely be a type A free agent too.

I don't think the Yankees are going to become sellers. They will compete for a playoff spot till the bitter end, as they should.

BRNXBMRS
07-02-08, 12:24 PM
The Yanks arent selling

stupidpunchline
07-02-08, 12:27 PM
If Giambi keeps playing well, he will most likely be a type A free agent too.

I don't think the Yankees are going to become sellers. They will compete for a playoff spot till the bitter end, as they should.

If Gardner plays well in July, Melky is gone, "seller" or not.

primetime714
07-02-08, 12:30 PM
On July 2nd 2007 we were 10.5 GB of Boston for the division and 8 GB from Wild Card leader, Detroit. Our record was 39-41.

Today we are 7.5 GB of division leader, Tampa Bay and 5 GB of Wild Card leader, Boston. Our record is 44-40.

If we lose the rest of our games leading up the All-Star break its possible we could become sellers otherwise it would be a deadline decision that would only come after a sub-par July. However by then it may be too late to lineup good trades for some of these guys.

primetime714
07-02-08, 12:31 PM
If Gardner plays well in July, Melky is gone, "seller" or not.

Yep, Gardner is up right now to prove once and for all that we don't need Melky. I'll be suprised if Melky is a Yankee in August.
Otherwise though I don't see us trading many of our regular players.

GimeMoMuny
07-02-08, 12:34 PM
Usually after a 3 game losing streak.

Art Vanderlay
07-02-08, 12:53 PM
Realistically, if during the last week of July we are 10 or more games out with 4 or 5 teams in front of us, the prudent thing to do would be to sell. However, I don't see it happening for the following reasons:

1) Most of our tradeable players have no trade clauses and are unlikely to waive them (mussina, Giambi, Abreu)

2) We are at home most of July, so we should play just well enough to still be in it.

3) As someone mentioned, last year of the stadium I don't see them selling.

ShaneTravis
07-02-08, 12:56 PM
The Yanks don't sell.

They reload.

Yankee Fan in Boston
07-02-08, 12:58 PM
Yep, Gardner is up right now to prove once and for all that we don't need Melky. I'll be suprised if Melky is a Yankee in August.
Otherwise though I don't see us trading many of our regular players.

I'd be surprised. While I am not sure he is much more than a 4th outfielder, I don't think he offers enough value to anyone else to bring back much.

THEBOSS84
07-02-08, 12:58 PM
Realistically, if during the last week of July we are 10 or more games out with 4 or 5 teams in front of us, the prudent thing to do would be to sell. However, I don't see it happening for the following reasons:

1) Most of our tradeable players have no trade clauses and are unlikely to waive them (mussina, Giambi, Abreu)

2) We are at home most of July, so we should play just well enough to still be in it.

These three players all have a few things in common. One of the biggest things being that they are all on their last legs and have never won a World Series - you know, one of the goals you have when you start playing in the majors. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them waive their NTC to go to a team with a legit chance of winning it all.

ojo
07-02-08, 01:04 PM
send moose and giambi down to tampa for david price.

pay the freight, bag the year, and open next year in style.

junkman73
07-02-08, 01:04 PM
Mussina? Are You serious? Our most consistant starter and you want to trade him? Mussina is doing awesome right now. I don't know what more you want from this guy. Unless we get someone huge I don't want our most consistant starter of 2008 being consistant on another team.

Plus there are only a couple of places he might agree to go. My guess is Philly or the Mets are 2 of a very short list that he might agree to waive his NTC to go to.

themgmt
07-02-08, 01:13 PM
Funniest thread of the year

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-02-08, 01:28 PM
On July 2nd 2007 we were 10.5 GB of Boston for the division and 8 GB from Wild Card leader, Detroit. Our record was 39-41.

Today we are 7.5 GB of division leader, Tampa Bay and 5 GB of Wild Card leader, Boston. Our record is 44-40.

If we lose the rest of our games leading up the All-Star break its possible we could become sellers otherwise it would be a deadline decision that would only come after a sub-par July. However by then it may be too late to lineup good trades for some of these guys.

In 2007 we essentially had the same lineup, except younger. Also our ace was not on the shelf. Comparing this season to others is apples and oranges.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-02-08, 01:29 PM

So instead of rebuilding we should keep the same players, granted a year older? Players that for the most part have not smelled the World Series. At some point the team is going to be need to be revamped.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-02-08, 01:31 PM

How so?

The Dynasty
07-02-08, 01:33 PM
The only thing the Yanks are going to be selling is tickets.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but I don't believe in laying down this early in the season when this team (as much as some of the players have changed) for the past decade (plus) has shown us that they know how to get to the postseason. I will continue to believe that until they prove me otherwise.

webassign
07-02-08, 02:00 PM
There's been a lot funnier my friend.

YanksFan1992
07-02-08, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't mind getting rid of a few older players, but we're never going to be full-fledged sellers.

Look it might seem bad now, but even if we can't win the division (which I definitely haven't given up on), we're only 5 games back of Boston (which could likely decide the wild card) and we still play them 13 more times. Go 9-4 and we're tied.

effdamets
07-02-08, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't mind getting rid of a few older players, but we're never going to be full-fledged sellers.

Look it might seem bad now, but even if we can't win the division (which I definitely haven't given up on), we're only 5 games back of Boston (which could likely decide the wild card) and we still play them 13 more times. Go 9-4 and we're tied.
That's great in theory.
But the Yankees can't beat the Rangers. They cannot score more than 2 runs against the worst pitching staff in the American League.
What makes us think that they are going to hit Boston's or Tampa's pitching?

TheJobaRules
07-02-08, 02:08 PM
Every year things are "bleak to the point of no return", yet they still find a way to make the playoffs.

They'll find there way to October somehow.

webassign
07-02-08, 02:09 PM
That's great in theory.
But the Yankees can't beat the Rangers. They cannot score more than 2 runs against the worst pitching staff in the American League.

You just can't predict baseball
My friend John knows.

Hellsing
07-02-08, 02:13 PM
When?

As soon as someone makes an offer that Cashman cannot refuse.

primetime714
07-02-08, 02:14 PM
In 2007 we essentially had the same lineup, except younger. Also our ace was not on the shelf. Comparing this season to others is apples and oranges.

Our lineup was only a year younger and didn't include a healthy Giambi and Damon. And even still our offense raked in July as we have a team filled with a lot of second half performers.

As far as the rotation goes, Yes we did have Wang. However we didn't have Moose pitching the way he has this year and we didn't have Joba.

The major problem I see is that the two best teams in the AL and maybe all of baseball happen to be in our division. Still I think we're a better team than we were last year when we made a run into the playoffs.

primetime714
07-02-08, 02:18 PM
That's great in theory.

That's the M.O. of this offense. Hit good established pitchers and do nothing against bad ones. Historically we've done well against the likes of Beckett, Dice-K, Kazmir, and Shields.

Plus as disheartening as these past three games (going back to Sunday against the Mets) have been, its only three games.

jeterlove
07-02-08, 03:20 PM
The crazy thing is, if this team ever totally took 1-2 seasons off and went into rebuilding mode, they could build a monster dynasty team that would dominate the AL for years.

Never happen though, nor should it.

dont_ya_know24
07-02-08, 03:40 PM
after this: "We can definitely still make a run at it," Steinbrenner said. it's not gonna happen...

NewEraYanks2527
07-02-08, 03:59 PM
The crazy thing is, if this team ever totally took 1-2 seasons off and went into rebuilding mode, they could build a monster dynasty team that would dominate the AL for years.

If I had to trade you 2 years of bad baseballe for say a 5 year dominate dyansty run, why SHOULDN'T that happen?

iodon
07-02-08, 04:10 PM
If I had to trade you 2 years of bad baseballe for say a 5 year dominate dyansty run, why SHOULDN'T that happen?

Because you can't be certain of the 5 year run. It sounds good on paper, but in reality you can't be sure that the moves will pay off in that magnitude.

jeterlove
07-02-08, 04:15 PM

Because the Yankees want butts in the seats at all times and you could never sell that to the fans.

I would be insane to see what they could do though.

primetime714
07-02-08, 04:19 PM

Except that's not really true at all. What could they do in the next 2 seasons that they aren't already doing now?

Trading veterans like Damon, Giambi, Moose, Abreu, etc. could yield some above average prospects, but probably not anything you could build a "monster dynasty" around.

I mean the team already has a strong emphasis on the minor leagues, scouting, and development. They haven't been trading any of their top prospects. They've also created opportunities at the majors for any prospects they thought were ready (Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Gardner, etc).

Would it help us next year if we waived the white flag on this season and looked to move some of our guys? Yea, but the major improvements next year are coming from FA (Sabathia, Teixeira, Sheets).

jeterlove
07-02-08, 04:20 PM
Except that's not really true at all. What could they do in the next 2 seasons that they aren't already doing now?

Trading veterans like Damon, Giambi, Moose, Abreu, etc. could yield some above average prospects, but probably not anything you could build a "monster dynasty" around.

I mean the team already has a strong emphasis on the minor leagues, scouting, and development. They haven't been trading any of their top prospects. They've also created opportunities at the majors for any prospects they thought were ready (Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Gardner, etc).

Would it help us next year if we waived the white flag on this season and looked to move some of our guys? Yea, but the major improvements next year are coming from FA (Sabathia, Teixeira, Sheets).

Well not giving older players like Posada, Mo, and Pettitte deals would net them some really nice draft picks.

It would also let the rookies have a shot without everybody freaking out as much.

But like I said, it is a fantasy.

themgmt
07-02-08, 04:22 PM
How so?

Please help me determine the last time the Yankees were "sellers" mid season.

1953?

TheJobaRules
07-03-08, 10:11 PM
Every year things are "bleak to the point of no return", yet they still find a way to make the playoffs.

They'll find there way to October somehow.

Check that, it might be selling time. :(

nyyfan11111
07-03-08, 10:15 PM
Check that, it might be selling time. :(

I hope its selling time...they will never win with this current team

OhioYankee
07-03-08, 10:27 PM
Would any of you consider trading Jeter for the right deal? I know he most likely would have to approve a trade but think about it. If we could get great prospects for Jeter why not? I know he is a future hall of famer but defensively he is below average, his best years are behind him, he has a huge bloated contract. Well start bashing me now but I think everyone had a price.

TheJobaRules
07-03-08, 10:30 PM
Would any of you consider trading Jeter for the right deal? I know he most likely would have to approve a trade but think about it. If we could get great prospects for Jeter why not? I know he is a future hall of famer but defensively he is below average, his best years are behind him, he has a huge bloated contract. Well start bashing me now but I think everyone had a price.

I highly doubt that Jeter would EVER waive his no-trade. But I would do it for some nice prospects, sure.

Then again, I'm not that sentimental to begin with.

machphantom
07-03-08, 10:32 PM
I don't see how you can sell... Boston didn't sell in 06, and then we all know how 07 went for them. I see a parallel here. Let's just weather the storm of this injury laden year, come back in 09, and have an insane rotation of Joba, Hughes, Sheets/Sabathia/Washburn, Wang, and someone from the minors. Robertson=Okajima, Mo>Papelbon, K-Rod (pipe dream)> all

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-03-08, 11:26 PM
So I guess everyone is content with becoming the Knicks.

jeterlove
07-03-08, 11:28 PM
Nobody is going to give up anything of value for a bad defensive SS with no power and a low OBP.

Not to mention his ridiculous contract...

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-03-08, 11:32 PM
I think we can definitely find buyers for Moose, Abreu, Giambi and Damon. And the thing is, I don't even care if we get solid prospects. Just think there needs to be a massive overhaul.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-04-08, 12:05 AM
This team should buy AND sell. They are too young and too old at the same time. Move some of the extra young guys and some of the older DH types.

NyyNjnNyg
07-04-08, 02:21 AM
Let's face it, this team COULD still make the playoffs..but...they're not winning the world series by any stretch (hopefully I'm wrong but it's pretty obvious)..

Is it really worth just trying to make the playoffs and getting bounced early once again, when the team can re-tool and try to sell, but in return receive players that can be useful in the long run?

dougj1
07-04-08, 03:29 AM
Every season for the last 3-4 years I've been reading the same posts about making changes. While that's perfectly OK with me, who do you want to make the changes?.....I know you don't want Cashman to make the changes, since he's the one responsible for this also ran club...What is the answer?

webassign
07-04-08, 06:58 AM
So I guess everyone is content with becoming the Knicks.
lol i was thinking about this too

ppa79
07-04-08, 09:49 AM
If someone gives them a good offer for an aging veteran (Moose, Giambi, Abreu, Damon, Farnsy).

ppa79
07-04-08, 09:55 AM
I don't see how you can sell... Boston didn't sell in 06, and then we all know how 07 went for them. I see a parallel here. Let's just weather the storm of this injury laden year, come back in 09, and have an insane rotation of Joba, Hughes, Sheets/Sabathia/Washburn, Wang, and someone from the minors. Robertson=Okajima, Mo>Papelbon, K-Rod (pipe dream)> all

We wouldn't be selling anyone that would help us in the future. Just the aging veterans who we probably won't resign. (Moose, Giambi, Abreu, Damon, Farnsy)

Hellsing
07-04-08, 09:56 AM
When?

After they lose 3-4 in this series and get swept by Tampa Bay.

indianyanksfan
07-04-08, 11:06 AM
bobby, damon, moose, giambi, farns ALL should be on the block.

phillies could use another starter.
there are teams with so-so pitching that need a good bat.

i dont see why we cant get fairly good haul in return considering that they are producing well. we may need to pay some of the contracts though in order for it happen.

apalradio
07-04-08, 11:07 AM
Because the Yankees want butts in the seats at all times and you could never sell that to the fans.What's the difference? They're already trying to sell this underachieving, disappointing, mediocre team to the fans.

Yankee Tripper
07-04-08, 02:58 PM
Another left fielder injured - is it time to get on the phone yet?

rajah
07-04-08, 03:21 PM
What's the difference? They're already trying to sell this underachieving, disappointing, mediocre team to the fans.

Trying? I think most of the high priced seats have been sold.

Of course, they are also thinking about next year in the new stadium. Having a totally non-competitive team, without some of the aging stars, in August and September would not help their off season efforts to fill the new stadium. Sure, everyone is going to want to see the stadium, but they also are going to want to see a commitment from the management to have stars. I am not sure that there is enough they can do on the free agent market to compensate.

Of course, Farnsworth is totally dispensable, and perhaps Moose could be as well if Hughes and IPK and perhaps Pavano can hold a spot.

ppa79
07-04-08, 03:22 PM
Trying? I think most of the high priced seats have been sold.

Of course, they are also thinking about next year in the new stadium. Having a totally non-competitive team, without some of the aging stars, in August and September would not help their off season efforts to fill the new stadium. Sure, everyone is going to want to see the stadium, but they also are going to want to see a commitment from the management to have stars. I am not sure that there is enough they can do on the free agent market to compensate.

Tex and CC should be enough.

destiNY
07-04-08, 03:23 PM
Ha this thread always appears every year, there is no way the Yankees will be sellers

ICEBERG18
07-04-08, 03:37 PM
I would definitely inform all teams to make me offers.

Hellsing
07-04-08, 03:52 PM
I would definitely inform all teams to make me offers.

Word. Abreu, Damon, and Giambi should be the key pieces to move.

teknetic
07-04-08, 03:55 PM
Tex and CC should be enough.

I'm fully expecting us to miss the boat on them also, just like we did on DiceK (granted it was unexpected) and Johan. With all that cash coming off the books, you HAVE to make a strong push for two of CC/Tex/Sheets.

The Q Bomb
07-04-08, 04:07 PM
Re: When Do We Become Sellers? This afternoon at 5:00 p.m.! What a disgrace!

ICEBERG18
07-04-08, 04:12 PM
I With all that cash coming off the books, you HAVE to make a strong push for two of CC/Tex/Sheets.

I think we have to get all 3, but like I said last week that's just me.

E-Rod
07-04-08, 04:13 PM
Ha this thread always appears every year, there is no way the Yankees will be sellers

Yup, we can't sell what noone wants and who will want this players that receive more money they deserve and play in the same level of a cheap AAA player?

primetime714
07-04-08, 04:22 PM
With all that cash coming off the books, you HAVE to make a strong push for two of CC/Tex/Sheets.

Totally agree. I'm not a huge fan of getting Sheets, but if we can't get both CC and Tex. I might take the chance that he'll stay healthy.

I'd certainly be alright with another 200M+ payroll if we invested in the right guys. But even if we do sign two of those guys we can still cut payroll.

themgmt
07-04-08, 04:22 PM
The point isn't whether or not they should look to move some guys, it's whether they will. And they won't, period.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-04-08, 06:33 PM
The point isn't whether or not they should look to move some guys, it's whether they will. And they won't, period.

So we become the Knicks. I'm so sick of this team. Would anyone really care if they traded some "big" names.

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-04-08, 08:57 PM
Yup, we can't sell what noone wants and who will want this players that receive more money they deserve and play in the same level of a cheap AAA player?
Huh? The yanks have a number of players performing at a high level, which is who people are talking about trading. It's more than a little unrealistic to suggest there wouldn't be interest in quite a few players on our roster, even with their high salaries, especially with the yanks' ability to eat some salary in any potential trades. There's plenty on our roster that teams would want, if we choose to go that route.

just-blaze
07-04-08, 09:02 PM
I would like to point out that being sellers doesn't necessarily mean we are giving up on the season.

Marc
07-04-08, 09:05 PM
I would like to point out that being sellers doesn't necessarily mean we are giving up on the season.
It means that we're making a long-term investment for the future. :D I'm serious.

Nome
07-05-08, 07:25 AM
Let's face it. Things are beginning to look somewhat bleak. If the Yanks don't pick up some games during the upcoming Boston and Tampa series', do we become sellers? Assuming this team is in the midst of rebuilding , it makes sense to trim fat. Who becomes expendable? I'm thinking they could receive decent returns for:

-Abreu (Again Arizona?)
-Melky (Anywhere?)
-Giambi?

When do we become sellers???
When we have someone another team wants badly enough to take his salary on and give us something of value in return. That is not in the next few years.

Andy

JohnnyDamonfan
07-05-08, 07:31 AM
So we become the Knicks. I'm so sick of this team. Would anyone really care if they traded some "big" names.

Yes!!!!!

Mussina: Find a better guy who can do just as much for the Yankees as he did this year and we'll talk. They guy is the most reliable starter we have right now.

Damon: This guy has been on Fire all year long.

ppa79
07-05-08, 07:43 AM
Yes!!!!!

Mussina: Find a better guy who can do just as much for the Yankees as he did this year and we'll talk. They guy is the most reliable starter we have right now.

Damon: This guy has been on Fire all year long.

But these guys aren't part of the future.

montrealer
07-05-08, 07:44 AM
Well........since we`ve got A-Rod for ten years guess we sell off everyone and build around the Great One.........it`s why you sign guys for 10 years to be the cornerstone of your franchise,right. right.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-05-08, 07:47 AM
Arizona is desperate for offense. Lets say they call you up and give you a decent offer for either Damon or Abreu. Which one do you trade if either, and why?

-Both players are poor defensively; Abreu mostly because of his range, positioning, and fear of walls...Damon because of his routes and complete lack of even a decent High School Junior Varsity arm (I'm not exaggerating)

-Both players are having good offensive seasons; Damon .317 BA, .385 OBP, .465 SLG, 6HR, 22 2B, is obviously having a better season than Abreu .281 BA, .349 OBP, .451 SLG, 10 HR, 19 2B. Abreu was much better last year.

-Abreu is a type A free agent at the end of the season, meaning he would net 2 draft picks assuming he turns down arbitration. Damon has one season left and is currently a type B which should change to A after this year.

Players on the D-Backs that could realistically interest the Yankees
-Chris Young CF
-Chris Snyder C
-Chad Tracy 1B/3B/OF
-Miguel Montero C

Pitchers on the D-Backs that could realistically interest the Yankees
-Doug Davis LHSP
-Tony Pena RHRP
-Chad Qualls RHRP

Prospects in the D-Backs system that could realistically interest the Yankees
-Brett Anderson LHP
-Aaron Cunningham OF
*There are more, but I'm thinking of guys that could be a factor in 09 or even 08

ppa79
07-05-08, 07:51 AM
Arizona is desperate for offense. Lets say they call you up and give you a decent offer for either Damon or Abreu. Which one do you trade if either, and why?

-Both players are poor defensively; Abreu mostly because of his range, positioning, and fear of walls...Damon because of his routes and complete lack of even a decent High School Junior Varsity arm (I'm not exaggerating)

-Both players are having good offensive seasons; Damon .317 BA, .385 OBP, .465 SLG, 6HR, 22 2B, is obviously having a better season than Abreu .281 BA, .349 OBP, .451 SLG, 10 HR, 19 2B. Abreu was much better last year.

-Abreu is a type A free agent at the end of the season, meaning he would net 2 draft picks assuming he turns down arbitration. Damon has one season left and is currently a type B which should change to A after this year.

Players on the D-Backs that could realistically interest the Yankees
-Chris Young CF
-Chris Snyder C
-Chad Tracy 1B/3B/OF
-Miguel Montero C

Pitchers on the D-Backs that could realistically interest the Yankees
-Doug Davis LHSP
-Tony Pena RHRP
-Chad Qualls RHRP

Prospects in the D-Backs system that could realistically interest the Yankees
-Brett Anderson LHP
-Aaron Cunningham OF
*There are more, but I'm thinking of guys that could be a factor in 09 or even 08

Best player offered. However I would prefer an outfielder.

JohnnyDamonfan
07-05-08, 07:51 AM
But these guys aren't part of the future.

But, if by chance we traded Mussina and Damon or Abreu etc. We probably wouldn't get someone who will be part of our future anyway. So the way I see it unless a really good deal comes along let's just work with what we have.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-05-08, 07:52 AM
Best player offered. However I would prefer an outfielder.
The main question was who would you trade of the two Yankee outfielders?

ppa79
07-05-08, 07:54 AM
But, if by chance we traded Mussina and Damon or Abreu etc. We probably wouldn't get someone who will be part of our future anyway. So the way I see it unless a really good deal comes along let's just work with what we have.

Well yeah, there is no point of trading any one of them if you can't get a good player.

ppa79
07-05-08, 07:54 AM
The main question was who would you trade of the two Yankee outfielders?

Doesn't matter, depends who Arizona values more and willing to give up for more.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-05-08, 07:56 AM
Doesn't matter, depends who Arizona values more and willing to give up for more.
Oh I gotcha, and I agree.

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-05-08, 08:03 AM
When do we become sellers???
When we have someone another team wants badly enough to take his salary on and give us something of value in return. That is not in the next few years.

There's isn't now, and won't be for a few years, anyone on our roster who could be moved for something of value? That doesn't make any sense, there are clearly players who'd be valuable to a contending team.

montrealer
07-05-08, 08:07 AM
This team is old with big contracts........not very attractive.

budstinks
07-05-08, 08:07 AM
The reality of this team is that MIKE MUSSINA is our best pitcher.

Thats enough to scare a fox out of a hen house.

Good grief.

I certainly think we should trade him the second a team offers us a reasonable amount of talent. Before the clock turns 12 and he turns into a second half pumpkin again.

You could sell it to him as well, you know we're not going to resign you so maybe you might want to see if you can get a working relationship with this team.

But you have to get talent in return. Otherwise, why trade him.

People automatically assume we get draft picks in return, but we still have to offer arbitration. Mussina we might, but Abreu and Giambi, I'm not sure you take that risk unless they have verbal agreements stating they wouldn't take it.

I'm not sure I'm selling yet, but I'd trade Mussina in a heartbeat before his value plumets.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-05-08, 08:15 AM
Mussina we might, but Abreu and Giambi, I'm not sure you take that risk unless they have verbal agreements stating they wouldn't take it.I actually think Mussina is a much bigger risk to accept arbitration than Giambi and Abreu, especially Abreu.

budstinks
07-05-08, 09:49 AM
I actually think Mussina is a much bigger risk to accept arbitration than Giambi and Abreu, especially Abreu.

You might be right but I was thinking they automatically got like 80% of their previous salary at worse. That may be only restricted FA's tho. I can't keep it straight.

But if Mussina racks up 16-17 wins, he could get $15 mil in arb. So you might just be correct.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-05-08, 10:55 AM
You might be right but I was thinking they automatically got like 80% of their previous salary at worse. That may be only restricted FA's tho. I can't keep it straight.

But if Mussina racks up 16-17 wins, he could get $15 mil in arb. So you might just be correct.
Yea, the 80% thing is only for arbitration eligible players who haven't reached free agency yet. Moose is the type of player that cares where he plays, and I don't think any team outside of the Yankees and Mets, except maybe the Phillies or Orioles, have a real shot. Also who knows if he even wants to play after 09.

ICEBERG18
07-05-08, 10:58 AM
This team is old with big contracts........not very attractive.

We have 4 or 5 attractive players in the last year of their deal that contending teams would have some interest in, if the Yankees don't like what their being offered take the multiple draft picks.

MTYankee23
07-05-08, 11:25 AM
Two of the guys who'd bring back the most value in trade (Damon and Matsui) managed to get hurt right before the trading deadline. You could argue that without those injuries we would have remained buyers, but the timing of those was the worst. Now realistically Farnsworth might be the guy left with the most trade value.

indianyanksfan
07-05-08, 02:02 PM
hopefully damon comes back in a few days and shows he's healthy so we can trade him as well.

this team is NOT going anywhere.

all the above mentioned guys should be on the block

CommerceComet
07-05-08, 02:53 PM
This team is old with big contracts........not very attractive.True but if the Yankees really want to move these guys, get a couple of prospects, and open the door for young prospects and FA signing, they could agree to pay most of the salary. A lot of teams would be interested in adding a Matsui, Damon, Abreau for little cost.

The players could be moved (provided they would waive the NTC if applicable) but would it really be helpful to the Yankees if they have to continue to pay most of their salaries?

hockeypuck2008
07-05-08, 03:21 PM
True but if the Yankees really want to move these guys, get a couple of prospects, and open the door for young prospects and FA signing, they could agree to pay most of the salary. A lot of teams would be interested in adding a Matsui, Damon, Abreau for little cost.

The players could be moved (provided they would waive the NTC if applicable) but would it really be helpful to the Yankees if they have to continue to pay most of their salaries?

little cost as in salary and prospects. If the Yankees don't want those aging bloated players, why would anyone else? That is what will be asked internally by those teams the Yanks approach.

ppa79
07-05-08, 03:34 PM
little cost as in salary and prospects. If the Yankees don't want those aging bloated players, why would anyone else? That is what will be asked internally by those teams the Yanks approach.

If a team needs a decent starting pitcher, Mussina wouldn't be bad. Abreu is still a servicable outfielder. Any team that trades for them would only use them this season, they are free agents after this season.

hockeypuck2008
07-05-08, 03:37 PM
If a team needs a decent starting pitcher, Mussina wouldn't be bad. Abreu is still a servicable outfielder. Any team that trades for them would only use them this season, they are free agents after this season.

true but at what cost? Mussina, I can definitely see and who would have thought that last year?

ppa79
07-05-08, 03:37 PM
Would the Dodgers be interested in any of our guys?

ppa79
07-05-08, 03:39 PM
true but at what cost? Mussina, I can definitely see and who would have thought that last year?

I'm not saying to trade them as a salary dump, if we can get something good in return then trade them, if not, then keep them. I don't know what teams are willing to offer.

puffyme
07-05-08, 03:40 PM
Why trade when the draft picks are aluable. unless you get someone to overpay I am not a seller. The Yankees will turn it around

ppa79
07-05-08, 03:42 PM
Why trade when the draft picks are aluable. unless you get someone to overpay I am not a seller. The Yankees will turn it around

You only get draft picks if you offer them arbitration. If you offer Mussina, Abreu, or Giambi arbitration there is a risk they might accept. Do you really want to pay Mussina 12+, Abreu 15+, or Giambi 20+ next year?

hockeypuck2008
07-05-08, 04:10 PM
not to mention next year's draft is suppose to be even weaker than the 2008 draft. The draft picks will be significantly less valuable in 2009 then they were in 2005 and 2006. Hence why you'll see more pending free agents traded this trade deadline.

b_joseph
07-05-08, 04:15 PM
The Yankees will never be a selling team so its pointless to speculate. Its like asking Tiger Woods to give up even if he is 10 shots back with a broken wrist.

ppa79
07-05-08, 04:18 PM
The Yankees will never be a selling team so its pointless to speculate. Its like asking Tiger Woods to give up even if he is 10 shots back with a broken wrist.

This Yankee management is more forward thinking. If they can get something good for their aging vets that have no future on the team, they will trade them if the management thinks they are out of it on July 31st.

b_joseph
07-05-08, 04:22 PM
This Yankee management is more forward thinking. If they can get something good for their aging vets that have no future on the team, they will trade them if the management thinks they are out of it on July 31st.
No way, I guarantee that Cashman would make a bad trade to get back into it before he makes a trade to give up.

If we became sellers, I would eat my toenails in a bowl of urine.

hockeypuck2008
07-05-08, 04:23 PM

no kidding huh. At 200 million, can you even be allowed to give up? Afterall 200 million in quitters, imagine the press then. It is relentless right now and there losing. But at least they are trying. Quitting doesn't inspire admiration. Quitting will just open up an even more intense scrutiny from the press.

ppa79
07-05-08, 04:29 PM
No way, I guarantee that Cashman would make a bad trade to get back into it before he makes a trade to give up.

Cashman showed his views during the Johan neogiations he isnt gonna trade anything valuable in the farm.

If we became sellers, I would eat my toenails in a bowl of urine.

When most teams are sellers they usually trade their best players that they can't afford to sign. Like the Indians are doing with CC. However, with us, trading Mussina or Abreu has no long term implications on us because they probably aren't going to be on the team next year. But I guess we'll find out in a month.

Nome
07-06-08, 07:09 AM
There's isn't now, and won't be for a few years, anyone on our roster who could be moved for something of value? That doesn't make any sense, there are clearly players who'd be valuable to a contending team.

Not at the salaries they are getting, and to give them away and pay a large portion of their salaries to boot is foolish

montrealer
07-06-08, 07:53 AM
Not at the salaries they are getting, and to give them away and pay a large portion of their salaries to boot is foolish
Stop making sense.........This team will never be sellers. Giambi and Moose are the reason we are where we are. Sooooo they won`t be moved .As far Abreu his value has declined to an all time low........short of eating a sh*t load of dollars nobody will be giving offers. Damon has injury issues . Matsui is our best hitter this year. Posada....well....I said it last year there is no way he should be re-signed and we`ll have to deal with that issue for the next 4 years. Bad arm and all. Jeter will never be moved....which is wrong. That leaves Mo. He`s the only one of any trade value that any and all teams would be willing to trade for and I`m sure Mo wants to stay here so it`s a moot point. In a Nutshell......."It is what it is" and deal with it boys. This is a sad-sac team with limited pitching ,Jekyll and Hyde offence ,poor fundamental play ,average defence and no bench. This is not what play-off contenders are made up of. Tampa doesn`t look like they will falter in the second half. Boston looks like the wild card contender so that pretty much seals the deal. So unless this teams "Snaps Out" of whatever dream world there in and plays .650 ball from TODAY not after the break we`ll be on the outside looking in.
Oh Yeah......having an old man and a Rookie as our cornerstone of starting pitching is not a good thing for play-offs.

ppa79
07-06-08, 08:19 AM
Eventhough I'm dreaming, what if the Brewers can't get CC from the Indians and Mussina is the 2nd best available option and they offer us Laporta for Mussina.

montrealer
07-06-08, 08:29 AM
Eventhough I'm dreaming, what if the Brewers can't get CC from the Indians and Mussina is the 2nd best available option and they offer us Laporta for Mussina.

I say Wake Up!!!!!!!! and snap out of it...........Brewers have soooo much to give the Indians while have nothing except" The Kid"...Plus the fact Mussina`s been our best Pitcher thus far.

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-06-08, 09:11 AM
For 40% of the season or less, their salaries simply aren't that much - a contending team would happily stomach that. And why would it be foolish for the yanks to eat a chunk? If it's a player we're not going to re-sign, that money is pretty much wasted at this point anyway if the team isn't going to make the playoffs. If we can get some potential talent back in exchange, it would be foolish not to.

montrealer
07-06-08, 09:16 AM
For 40% of the season or less, their salaries simply aren't that much - a contending team would happily stomach that. And why would it be foolish for the yanks to eat a chunk? If it's a player we're not going to re-sign, that money is pretty much wasted at this point anyway if the team isn't going to make the playoffs. If we can get some potential talent back in exchange, it would be foolish not to.

That being said this stadium is sold out for the season.....you really want to give up and trade everybody off and just give up on the season? Fans will be screaming for blood. Right or wrong it`s going to be a no-win situation. Limping home with a bad team may not be an option for Yankee Fans .

ArodMVP217
07-06-08, 02:13 PM
answer me this; if it is sold out already, why should they care what the fans think?

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-06-08, 02:23 PM
That being said this stadium is sold out for the season.....you really want to give up and trade everybody off and just give up on the season? Fans will be screaming for blood. Right or wrong it`s going to be a no-win situation. Limping home with a bad team may not be an option for Yankee Fans .
As opposed to limping home with an underachieving team of players we aren't going to re-sign this winter? As lackluster as the team looks so often now, you really think fans will be upset if we make some moves to improve the future? There's never a good time to have a bad team, but if you're not going to contend, might as well do what you can to make the future brighter.

hockeypuck2008
07-06-08, 02:28 PM
Rock and a hard place though. Most of those players you want dealt have no trade clauses.

parkerstrong
07-06-08, 02:33 PM
We may think about being sellers on July 27th.....I think Damon with only 1 year left could be someone that is wanted....

Mussina, Pettitte, Giambi and Farnsworth could possibly be a target for a team....but I don't think Mussina, Giambi, or Pettitte will accept a trade. We don't really have much of an option besides to go for the playoffs.

parkerstrong
07-06-08, 02:38 PM

I don't believe Pettitte will sign with anyone besides the Yankees and Astros....so there isn't alot of hope for the Yankees to get draft picks for him.

hockeypuck2008
07-06-08, 03:24 PM
We may think about being sellers on July 27th.....I think Damon with only 1 year left could be someone that is wanted....

Mussina, Pettitte, Giambi and Farnsworth could possibly be a target for a team....but I don't think Mussina, Giambi, or Pettitte will accept a trade. We don't really have much of an option besides to go for the playoffs.

I think Damon only works if the Yankees eat a lot of salary and a team needs a leadoff hitter but not an outfielder. In other words DH.

R.V.47
07-06-08, 03:33 PM
Not unless we are like 10 games under on July 31. We are still just another 7 or 8 game win streak away from being in this since the league seems to just be waiting around for the yanks.

dan66
07-06-08, 03:38 PM
With the Yankees 50 million over the luxury tax threshold they could give nice discount on more then one player in a trade.

Nome
07-06-08, 06:38 PM
With the Yankees 50 million over the luxury tax threshold they could give nice discount on more then one player in a trade.

Sure, for every dollar of a players salary we eat, we eat 25% more in also paying the luxury tax. Great move

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-06-08, 06:57 PM
You only get draft picks if you offer them arbitration. If you offer Mussina, Abreu, or Giambi arbitration there is a risk they might accept. Do you really want to pay Mussina 12+, Abreu 15+, or Giambi 20+ next year?
Giambi won't get 20 mill in arbitration.

ppa79
07-06-08, 07:38 PM
Giambi won't get 20 mill in arbitration.

He is making 22 right now. So even if he loses he'll still be making 17+. The max he can lose is 20%.

http://baseball.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_baseball_arbitration_works

budstinks
07-06-08, 08:24 PM
He is making 22 right now. So even if he loses he'll still be making 17+. The max he can lose is 20%.

http://baseball.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_baseball_arbitration_works

That link states that Free Agents are not held to that 20% RULE.

So thats cool, the Yanks just have to be aware of what market value is for its players.

ppa79
07-06-08, 08:48 PM
That link states that Free Agents are not held to that 20% RULE.

So thats cool, the Yanks just have to be aware of what market value is for its players.

I must of missed that, but the way Giambi is playing he'll be getting a lot of money regardless.

dan66
07-07-08, 12:31 AM
Sure, for every dollar of a players salary we eat, we eat 25% more in also paying the luxury tax. Great move

Who said you are adding money to pay salary? Teams add cash all the time in deals.

just-blaze
07-07-08, 01:11 AM
I think Damon only works if the Yankees eat a lot of salary and a team needs a leadoff hitter but not an outfielder. In other words DH.

I think the Cubs would take him for the right price in a heartbeat......he still has decent range.

And, salary would have to be eaten in any trade the Yankees make for one of our players, we overpay alll the time.

Nome
07-07-08, 01:45 PM
I must of missed that, but the way Giambi is playing he'll be getting a lot of money regardless.

Giambi is making $20 million in 2008. He has a club option for 2009 of $22 million with a $5 Million buyout.
Is he playing that well to justify that kind of money. What other team would want him at that salary? Name me a few please and be specific

Andy

Nome
07-07-08, 01:53 PM
I think the Cubs would take him for the right price in a heartbeat......he still has decent range.

And, salary would have to be eaten in any trade the Yankees make for one of our players, we overpay alll the time.

Damon is making $13 million with a partial no trade contract and Abreau is making $16 million with a total no trade contract.

The Yankees will not, REPEAT, will not be sellers. They will not concede that they cannot get to the playoffs. They certainly aren't going to help a contender no matter what league they are in esp if we have to pay a substantial portion of our players salary. That is pure lunacy.

On the other hand look for us to be buyers. Hank and George will take Yogi's advice and never admit we are out of it. They will be looking for a front line pitcher and a HARD hitting OF'er. Take it to the bank. They will give up prospects for the right player but not front line prospects unless the deal is too good to turn down , ie a young top quality player with a lot of future in front of him

But sellers?? ha Ha

Andy

mrbawm
07-07-08, 02:00 PM
Giambi is making $20 million in 2008. He has a club option for 2009 of $22 million with a $5 Million buyout.
Is he playing that well to justify that kind of money. What other team would want him at that salary? Name me a few please and be specific

Andy

It's not a possibility that the Yankees could buy him out now and then throw some cash the other way? He has a .930 OPS, good for a 148 OPS+. For all the people saying he was done (myself included), those are pretty damn good offensive numbers. 5th best OPS+ in the AL good numbers.

mrbawm
07-07-08, 02:02 PM
Damon is making $13 million with a partial no trade contract and Abreau is making $16 million with a total no trade contract.

The Yankees will not, REPEAT, will not be sellers. They will not concede that they cannot get to the playoffs. They certainly aren't going to help a contender no matter what league they are in esp if we have to pay a substantial portion of our players salary. That is pure lunacy.

On the other hand look for us to be buyers. Hank and George will take Yogi's advice and never admit we are out of it. They will be looking for a front line pitcher and a HARD hitting OF'er. Take it to the bank. They will give up prospects for the right player but not front line prospects unless the deal is too good to turn down , ie a young top quality player with a lot of future in front of him

But sellers?? ha Ha

Andy

I agree here, I find it hard to believe the Yankees would be sellers even if the writing was on the wall and they should be sellers at that time.

I have no problem with them giving up high quality prospects provided we can actually grab a cost controlled player who is in his prime or even better, about to enter his prime.

hockeypuck2008
07-07-08, 02:20 PM
Oakland comes to mind. Any team looking for offense for a player who won't cost a lot of salary. Giambi is having a great season but his big pay day contracts are over. He'll be a floater like Frank Thomas is in their latter part of his career.

Joltin' Joe
07-07-08, 02:37 PM
The yankees really have nothing to sell that will nab enough in prospects to make it worth our while. Not to mention half the team being on the DL before the all star break.

Brick Tamland
07-07-08, 02:50 PM
I don't see the Yankees becoming sellers. All their potential pieces are either hurt, have no-trade clauses or both.

Jasbro
07-07-08, 02:53 PM
answer me this; if it is sold out already, why should they care what the fans think?

Do you work for the Knicks? ;)

rajah
07-07-08, 03:12 PM
The answer to the quoted question is: NEXT YEAR's tickets.

Of course, a couple of free agent signings at the necessary inflated years and dollars could compensate. But it puts more pressure on the club to make bad signings.

I think one or two players could be traded and if the Y's are in a hopeless position, should be for the right prospects. But there is a limit on how much dumping would be wise. Of course, it depends substantially on what you get back.

JL25and3
07-07-08, 03:42 PM
The answer to the quoted question is: NEXT YEAR's tickets.

Of course, a couple of free agent signings at the necessary inflated years and dollars could compensate. But it puts more pressure on the club to make bad signings.

I think one or two players could be traded and if the Y's are in a hopeless position, should be for the right prospects. But there is a limit on how much dumping would be wise. Of course, it depends substantially on what you get back.Uh, I don't think next year's ticket sales are going to be a problem.

rajah
07-07-08, 09:08 PM
I don't think that next year's ticket sales will be a problem either. But even with a new park, sales could lag if the Yankees finished last in the AL East and then did not make big free agent splashes in the winter. This will not happen, I know, but the point is simply that the management cannot let it happen.

freebubba
07-08-08, 11:32 AM
Quick question on the possible Giambi arbitration issue. Yes, he is being paid $22m this year, but the yearly value of his contract was what, $17.5m/year. Does that come into play at all? If not, it certainly kills any logic for back loading contracts.

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-08-08, 01:35 PM
Quick question on the possible Giambi arbitration issue. Yes, he is being paid $22m this year, but the yearly value of his contract was what, $17.5m/year. Does that come into play at all? If not, it certainly kills any logic for back loading contracts.
I'm not sure what you mean regarding arbitration, but no, the average value of his contract doesn't have any bearing on any trades or off-season arbitration with him.

rodney27nyg
07-09-08, 07:12 AM

But sellers?? ha Ha

Andy

Xzactly, Andy...;)

walesave
07-09-08, 07:34 AM
When do we become sellers? Not gonna happen! That's a small market team concept for franchises that toss in the towel on a season to build for the future. The Yankees' strategy is to always contend so, they will make trades and sign free agents but they won't become sellers.

Mark19
08-26-08, 09:03 PM
We still have a few more days to make some waiver deals. We could probably get some decent value for Damon and Marte.

apalradio
08-26-08, 10:58 PM
We still have a few more days to make some waiver deals. We could probably get some decent value for Damon and Marte.Gotta believe someone would take Giambi's home runs for the stretch drive. Think we can sacrifice Abreu for the last few weeks of this season?

CptCrunch
08-26-08, 11:00 PM
I loved him in the Pink Panther.

wang+cano=future
08-27-08, 09:10 AM
Gotta believe someone would take Giambi's home runs for the stretch drive. Think we can sacrifice Abreu for the last few weeks of this season?

I doubt someone would offer something better than what we would draft with his compensation picks. Giambi is another story though if we paid the rest of his contract and kicked in the millions for declining his option, especially since we won't be offering arbitration to him (and thus no draft picks).

Mark19
08-27-08, 10:09 PM
Come on Brian, just do the right thing and put a few of these animals out to pasture

yankeeman61
08-27-08, 10:10 PM
Back up the truck

IMissBillyM
08-27-08, 10:25 PM
There!.....Now can we finally gut this team??.....We're a year late but hopefully the lazy performance of this bunch will open some eyes..and say enough is enough. Disband this team as we know it...

OhioYankee
08-27-08, 10:34 PM
Here is a question since some people say gut the team. Would any of you trade Jeter? He definitely is a problem now, mediocre hitting and poor range at shortstop. I think this offseason he has to be talked into changing positions. Our team would be better defensively with Arod at SS and Jeter playing outfield 1st or 3rd. With Jeters salary and contract he is not worth much in a trade. I can live without Giambi, Pettite, Mussina. I think we should trade Damon. Sign CC and another pitcher, and outfielder.

bigdan
08-27-08, 10:59 PM
Back up the truck

I have to say this is my favorite post of 2008.

False1
08-27-08, 11:30 PM
I second the opinion at this point that if Giambi can be packaged with $$ for the buyout for a solid young peice for next year, you make that trade at this point. Damon could be attractive to some teams, but has the partial no trade and I'm not sure we'd get true value. Outside of that? Moose to an NL team like the Phils? This team just doesn't have many peices others want to buy where we could get real value back.