PDA

View Full Version : Damaso Marte

Lumen
06-04-08, 07:10 PM
His name always comes up when the Yankees are looking for relief pitching. Is there a deal to be worked here before the trade deadline?

sjb23
06-05-08, 12:27 AM
another "Let's Get Marte" supporter?

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=111593

count me in :)

BennyTheJetRodriguez
06-06-08, 08:48 PM
Melky, Kennedy for Bay and Marte? Wishful thinking perhaps, but I doubt it would take much more. Both Bay and Marte are a year from Free Agency.

R.V.47
07-14-08, 12:44 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142008/sports/starter_kit_119779.htm

Sources according to Sherman say Cashman is still waivering on the yanks position at the deadline but the Pirates have shown interest in Ross Ohlendorf.

Dannman103
07-14-08, 12:45 PM
Melky, Kennedy for Bay and Marte? Wishful thinking perhaps, but I doubt it would take much more. Both Bay and Marte are a year from Free Agency.

Think you'd have to give at least another arm or two.

The Dynasty
07-14-08, 12:53 PM
Pirates receive:

Melky Cabrera OF
Ian Kennedy SP
Ross Ohlendorf SP/MRP
Wilson Betemit IF

Yankees receive:

Jason Bay OF
Damaso Marte MRP

THEBOSS84
07-14-08, 12:54 PM
Pirates receive:

Melky Cabrera OF
Ian Kennedy SP
Ross Ohlendorf SP/MRP
Wilson Betemit IF

Yankees receive:

Jason Bay OF
Damaso Marte MRP

I think we'd have to throw in some more, but to get those two players back would be excellent.

R.V.47
07-14-08, 12:56 PM
Pirates receive:

Melky Cabrera OF
Ian Kennedy SP
Ross Ohlendorf SP/MRP
Wilson Betemit IF

Yankees receive:

Jason Bay OF
Damaso Marte MRP

I would drive Melky, Kennedy, Ross and Betemit to the bus station if we could pull of that deal but I dont think they would have much interest in Melky with Nate McClouth on their team unless they want him to replace Bay.

Yankee Tripper
07-14-08, 01:10 PM
I would drive Melky, Kennedy, Ross and Betemit to the bus station if we could pull of that deal but I dont think they would have much interest in Melky with Nate McClouth on their team unless they want him to replace Bay.
Agree, and Melky would just be blocking better prospect they already have.

primetime714
07-14-08, 01:20 PM
Pirates receive:

Melky Cabrera OF
Ian Kennedy SP
Ross Ohlendorf SP/MRP
Wilson Betemit IF

Yankees receive:

Jason Bay OF
Damaso Marte MRP

We won't get Jason Bay in that package. Xavier Nady, maybe, but Bay, certainly not. Also I can't see the Pirates having any interest in Melky with their OF in good shape even after trading Nady or Bay.

I'm not too interested in Marte just cause I feel our bullpen is fine. Especially with Bruney coming back.

I would look to deal Ohlendorf in a package for Nady though.

knickfan23
07-14-08, 01:46 PM

If you are the Pirates, why in the world would you make such a trade?

flymick24
07-14-08, 01:48 PM
jason bay is a DH

ArodMVP217
07-14-08, 01:54 PM
ehh, more of a LF. He would cost too much, to me.

YESSIR!
07-14-08, 01:56 PM
Why are we worried about Marte when our bullpen has been the strongest part of this team over the last month+? Plus, we have Bruney's return on the horizon. I know we lack lefties, but the 'pen has still been getting the job done.

Trading Kennedy/Melky+ for Marte would be totally asinine, imo. Kennedy might turn it around and become a solid back of the rotation starter, something we actually need. If not, he should be traded for a more valuable piece, if possible. Ditto Melky.

Brick Tamland
07-14-08, 02:27 PM
The only Pirates they should be targeting are Nady or Bay. Not sure either of them can be had without giving up the world but Marte shouldn't be on the shopping list.