PDA

View Full Version : Livan Hernandez

chris_5103
05-30-08, 09:21 AM
Would you want him? If so, what do you think you would give up to get him? Talk around Minneapolis is that they might look to move him. sorry if this is the wrong place but I saw an xavier nady thread and others so I thought this would be a place to start.

THEBOSS84
05-30-08, 09:24 AM
I would under no circumstance want this guy on the NYY, I don't care how well he's pitching for you guys. I totally expect to flat out murder this guy when we face him this series. He won't make it out of the 4th inning. You heard this not so bold prediction here first.

In Mo I Trust
05-30-08, 09:25 AM
His WHIP is over 1.5, his ERA+ is 85, he is old and not good we don't need him.

chris_5103
05-30-08, 09:28 AM
I would under no circumstance want this guy on the NYY, I don't care how well he's pitching for you guys. I totally expect to flat out murder this guy when we face him this series. He won't make it out of the 4th inning. You heard this not so bold prediction here first. Sadly, I agree. I just hope the Twins can get a legit AA prospect for him. Maybe Texas would want him. They seem to like retread pitchers that the Twins get rid of.

Metroidman
05-30-08, 09:34 AM
You wont get any legit prospects for him

The best thing to do is DFA.

primetime714
05-30-08, 10:58 AM
No thanks. If you cut him I wouldn't have a problem signing him to minor league contract as an insurance option, but I wouldn't take on his salary (even though I have no clue what his salary is) and give him a roster spot.

NelsonMuntz
05-30-08, 11:34 AM
I would under no circumstance want this guy on the NYY, I don't care how well he's pitching for you guys. I totally expect to flat out murder this guy when we face him this series. He won't make it out of the 4th inning. You heard this not so bold prediction here first.
Co-sign.

Blazer
05-30-08, 12:04 PM
Washington may want him, but that's about it.

nnysiny
05-30-08, 10:14 PM
basically a NL innings eater with one of the slowest fastballs in the game. no thanks

NYYDragoon
05-30-08, 10:17 PM
No need for him on the Twins. No need for him on the Yanks.

teknetic
05-30-08, 10:42 PM
basically a NL innings eater with one of the slowest fastballs in the game. no thanks

:lol:

According to fangraphs, he's throwing slower than Moose is this year.

Average Fastball Velocity:
Livan: 84.1
Moose: 85.0

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=4&season=2008

Just turned 33 to boot..