PDA

View Full Version : Willie Randolph (how would you feel if he came back? - mod)

TheInfallibleOne
05-23-08, 11:21 PM
Willie Randolph was, from what I remember, a great 3B coach for us in the dynasty years.

It appears that, in the eyes of many Mets fans, that he will be fired before the end of June if he does not completely turn the team around.

My question is this: How would you feel having Willie back as the 3B coach and firing Meecham?

HelloNewman
05-23-08, 11:27 PM
My question is this: How would you feel having Willie back as the 3B coach and firing Meecham?What an awful thing to do. Meacham hasn't really done anything wrong and we'll just have to agree to disagree about how "great" Wave-'em-in Willie was as a third base coach here.

Rich
05-23-08, 11:28 PM
His nickname was "Windmill Willie." I think I would prefer Pena at 3B, but I don't think Meacham is going anywhere.

cid
05-23-08, 11:32 PM
yes...

R.V.47
05-23-08, 11:40 PM
Willie Randolph was, from what I remember, a great 3B coach for us in the dynasty years.

It appears that, in the eyes of many Mets fans, that he will be fired before the end of June if he does not completely turn the team around.

My question is this: How would you feel having Willie back as the 3B coach and firing Meecham?

Bad idea IMO because the second Girardi falters people will be saying he should be replaced with Willy.

BronxBombersMRP
05-23-08, 11:48 PM
I like Willie a lot, but I don't think that would happen. Meecham has made one or two questionable calls, but nothing worth loosing his job thus far.

Krall
05-24-08, 12:47 AM
What an awful thing to do. Meacham hasn't really done anything wrong and we'll just have to agree to disagree about how "great" Wave-'em-in Willie was as a third base coach here.

A couple of games ago Pena was at 3B, what was that all about?

the_coach
05-24-08, 07:48 AM
Meacham was at his kid's HS graduation...

hardrain
05-24-08, 08:05 AM
Horrible, Horrible Idea.
Not only has Meacham done nothing wrong, but he is Girardi's "guy." Firing him is a slap in the face to Girardi; he sure does not need that now.

BillBuckner
05-24-08, 10:17 AM
What has Meecham done to get fired?

In Mo I Trust
05-24-08, 10:25 AM
Willie wasn't exactly a great 3B coach, this is not happening.

BringBackBernie!
05-24-08, 12:56 PM
There's no way you could legitimize bringing Willie back as anything but for nostalgia. We don't need him.

webassign
05-25-08, 01:18 AM
People are mad at Meacham? News to me.

S2K
05-25-08, 01:29 AM
I had a Willie Randolph Yankees poster on my wall as a kid. I will always think fondly on Willie and hope things work out well for him. If the Mets get rid of him, I could see him rejoining Torre in some way. However, staying in the National League might be tough.

Guiseppe Franco
05-25-08, 08:51 AM
Does anyone think he has a chance of surviving his meeting with Wilpon?

Pinstripedbass
05-25-08, 08:53 AM
Does anyone think he has a chance of surviving his meeting with Wilpon?

If they win again on Sunday, I think Willie will still be the Mets manager Monday night. Provided nothing he says nothing stupid to the media today.

Yankees Empire
05-25-08, 01:43 PM

He also played a little 2b for us.

sweet_lou_14
05-25-08, 06:05 PM

Look in the mirror and not see Larry Bowa.

YankeesAce4Life
05-25-08, 11:19 PM
Willie Randolph should be enshrined into the Hall of Fame as the 3rd base coach that holds the record of having runners thrown out at the plate.

-tz
05-26-08, 11:42 PM
Maybe we should try to get Send-Em-Home Sojo back instead ... ;)

SoCal Pinstriper
05-27-08, 05:21 PM
Horrible, Horrible Idea.
Not only has Meacham done nothing wrong, but he is Girardi's "guy." Firing him is a slap in the face to Girardi; he sure does not need that now. As much as I liked Willie (a great deal), I agree. Anything that could be perceived as undermining JoeG should be avoided.

Blazer
05-27-08, 05:28 PM
He also played a little 2b for us.

Oh, just a little. The guy always seem to be the one to keep a rally alive. Money ballplayer if there ever was one.

DiMaggio5CF
05-27-08, 05:37 PM
Firing Girardi's boy would be an awesome way to keep a solid relationship between ownership and the manager.

Allan
05-27-08, 05:55 PM
Well, being that the Yankees are 21st in mlb in runs scored, apparantly he hasn't had very much to do. j/k :)

CT-Yankee
06-01-08, 10:12 PM
I can't get too excited with what Meacham brings to the team. He has had a couple questionable moments but not enough for me to care yet.
I do think they miss Bowa - he brought a lot more than being a third base coach, and a good one at that. You would see him on the bench seek out players and get on them or yell on the field, etc...Him and Torre did the good cop ,bad cop routine well.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get Willie back though.