PDA

View Full Version : Depressing

YankeesAce4Life
05-20-08, 09:48 PM
I still have a ton of faith that the Yankees will turn this around, but this is just too depressing to watch. Last year they at least had some pop in their bats. They are playing like they don't even want to be out there. :(

At least A-Rod homered.

The worst thing is that they Yankees are a fastball hitting team and that's what they're getting and they can't even do anything. :(:mad:

Vin
05-20-08, 10:00 PM
They may turn it around for a couple of games but as far as playoffs go; the pitching and inconsistent hitting does not stand a chance.

YankeesAce4Life
05-20-08, 10:04 PM
They may turn it around for a couple of games but as far as playoffs go; the pitching and inconsistent hitting does not stand a chance.

:(

I still have faith.

Vin
05-20-08, 10:07 PM

I still have faith.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you depress they have turned it around time and time again.

marshcat
05-20-08, 10:11 PM

I still have faith.

Today sucked for me. I was passed over for an award that I thought I'd get. Yankees got pwned. I get home from school every day at 8:00 PM and have no social life. I am too poor to get a driver's license. I'm a great mechanic (bought a $200 car and completely restored it) but I can't pay insurance.

Oh, yeah, and according to my guidance counselor my 11 years of hard work won't get me into college because I didn't get straight A's.

And we get SAT's back on Thursday but no matter how I did it doesn't matter.

There's more suckiness, but this is enough for one post.

YankeesAce4Life
05-20-08, 10:13 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to make you depress they have turned it around time and time again.

It's ok. I have faith that they will turn this around.

YankeesAce4Life
05-20-08, 10:15 PM
Today sucked for me. I was passed over for an award that I thought I'd get. Yankees got pwned. I get home from school every day at 8:00 PM and have no social life. I am too poor to get a driver's license. I'm a great mechanic (bought a $200 car and completely restored it) but I can't pay insurance.

Oh, yeah, and according to my guidance counselor my 11 years of hard work won't get me into college because I didn't get straight A's.

Sorry to hear that. Always look ahead and try your hardest with everything that you do. As long as you know that you put your best effort into something, it should all work out.

Too bad the Yankees aren't taking this advice.

Kulish29
05-20-08, 10:15 PM
This team's a friggin joke right now.

Hopefully tonight wakes them the hell up.

GimeMoMuny
05-20-08, 10:16 PM
Shout out to LaTroy!

YankeesAce4Life
05-20-08, 10:16 PM
This team's a friggin joke right now.

Hopefully tonight wakes them the hell up.

If they haven't woken up from the prior losing....

I have faith!

YankeesAce4Life
05-20-08, 10:17 PM
Shout out to LaTroy!

Best play of the game. A-Rod's homer comes in a close 2nd.:D

JfromJersey
05-20-08, 10:18 PM
Getting embarrased at home and maybe losing Jeter now for a few games!
When the hell is this team going to get p*ssed off enough to start playing baseball?

junkman73
05-20-08, 10:19 PM

PLAYOFFS????? (Say it in Jim Mora's voice.)

I knew this year was going to be a struggle, but I thought it would be because of the kids in the rotation. Not an anemic offense. More 1-2-3 innings than you can shake a stick at. First pitch swinging. Maybe this team needs to be managed like a Little League team...you are not allowed to swing until you have a strike on you. And I would even go as far as making it 2 strikes. For Daniel Cabrera to have only thrown 63 pitches after 5IP, its embarrasing. They are making career mediocre pitchers look like Cy Young. They are unwatchable.

silverdsl
05-21-08, 08:11 AM
I agree that it is depressing. I would have thought that losing both games to the Mets this past weekend on top of the other struggles might have sparked something but apparently not. It's not fun watching.

YankeePride1967
05-21-08, 08:13 AM
I couldn't bring myself to watch past the first inning last night. If the Yanks keep playing this bad, it's only a matter of time before the "Yankees suck" chant is heard.

BillBuckner
05-21-08, 10:01 AM
I guess we're starting a new thread for every loss now.

yankeeman61
05-21-08, 10:59 AM
Maybe this can get us through the O's series. The alcohol simply isn't enough anymore.

http://planetquo.net/Various/ritalin_o.jpg

Seth
05-21-08, 12:30 PM
I couldn't bring myself to watch past the first inning last night. If the Yanks keep playing this bad, it's only a matter of time before the "Yankees suck" chant is heard.
I'm half surprised that they didn't do a "Yankees suck" chant last night.

iWant27
05-21-08, 01:48 PM
I guess we're starting a new thread for every loss now.

Whatever gets you through depression .

Ynkcpt23
05-21-08, 02:08 PM
Maybe this can get us through the O's series. The alcohol simply isn't enough anymore.

http://planetquo.net/Various/ritalin_o.jpg

Ritalin's for weenies. Getting drunk and yelling at inanimate objects will always be the way. Sorry that alcohol doesn't do it for you anymore...have you tried high gravity beer? :D

yankeeman61
05-21-08, 02:16 PM
Ritalin's for weenies. Getting drunk and yelling at inanimate objects will always be the way. Sorry that alcohol doesn't do it for you anymore...have you tried high gravity beer? :D

No, but I am pretty much open to anything now thanks to this team ;)

Jasbro
05-21-08, 02:23 PM

Ask for a different guidance counselor.

bigwampum
05-21-08, 05:43 PM
Ask for a different guidance counselor.

Agreed.

groovitude
05-23-08, 02:08 AM
And now after the win, you can use the booze to celebrate...

Seņor, ignore your guidance counselor at all costs. I'm currently an NYU student with a scholarship based on academic performance in high school, and I did not get straight As through high school. Whatever your performance record is, I can almost promise you it's good enough to get into a halfway decent school at the very worst. Your guidance counselor is clearly due for a high colonic...

Basically, apply where you want to apply. Your guidance counselor can't stop you from it, and they have to send transcripts where you request.