PDA

View Full Version : Notice To All Forumers

JimF
05-19-00, 01:22 PM
Have any of you noticed EXTREMELY slow access speeds, whenever there is more than one person active on the boards?

I have, and have made a step in the direction of getting a new server. My current host didn't seem the least bit interested in providing me with better speeds, so I have decided to go elsewhere. I am moving one of my smaller domains over to the new host this weekend, and will be testing out all the software, just to make sure that it actually does work faster and properly. If all goes well, we could be on a brandy-new server by this time next week.

This will mean much faster access times, and an overall more enjoyable experience for you.

All I ask is that you keep clicking, so that some of these costs are levelled a little bit. Thanks everyone, and let's keep looking towards the future!

:)

JimF
05-19-00, 01:33 PM
Heh, I just realized that was the same thing I said about the new software we're running... The tragedy is the fact that this server can't handle the new software properly. And the new server will remedy this.

(I hope :))

SG
05-19-00, 01:37 PM
Yea.... but I'm not sure if I'm a good judge right now. Today is my first day back here and I'm sure that I missed a lot. I've been away because of some family health related problems so today is my first day back, and posting, and it sure is ssslllooowww!! It's a little hard to catch up when my time is kinda limited. I was a little surprised because before I had to drop out of sight for a while, it was doing pretty good.

Anyway, I'll be back to 'clicking' again :) and I know that you'll be doing everything that you can to make this an even better place than what it already is!! :)

GO YANKEES!!!

*CLICK* :) *click* :) *CLICK*

Butnud
05-19-00, 01:59 PM
Hey Jim,
Yeah it seems a little slow. Sometimes I couldn't tell if it was my computer or the server. Indeed it isn't my computers so it must be the server. anyway, good luck on the new stuff this weekend. By chance would this new server have new features included for all of us to see and experience....

Nome
05-19-00, 02:42 PM
SG,

welcome back. Hope your family health problems have been favorably resolved.

SG
05-19-00, 02:49 PM
Things seem to be stable, for now. It was pretty shakey there for a while but things are looking better. It's good to be back...although it may not be as often as I'd like it to be but as often as I can!! :) Thanks for the welcome!! :)

JimF
05-19-00, 03:36 PM
I'm glad everything is ok for you now, SG.

And I apologize to everyone for the slowness of the site. That is the problem with being so small, I can't justify going all out on a server like I'd like to.

These are growing pains. I never expected the site to be this popular, and we are experiencing major growth. Which is a good thing, right?!?

Thanks again everyone, and please accept my apologies!

:)

SG
05-19-00, 03:45 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day!! It's great to know that you are growing. These little inconveniences are just a part of it all. I know it's frustrating for you but it's not going to scare any of us away.

Thanks for doing the best that you can and giving us a place like this. All your hard work is noticed and appreciated!!

GO YANKEES!!!

NewYorkIrish
05-19-00, 08:51 PM
So, does this new server jumpstart your car too?