RhodyYanksFan
11-07-07, 02:37 PM
Will they be reading the news?

flymick24
11-07-07, 02:45 PM
traffic and weather on the 5's, actually

hardrain
11-07-07, 02:51 PM
Suzyn Waldman will host. It will include Girardi,Cash,Kevin Kennedy and Mark Feinsand.

RI Dawg
11-07-07, 02:57 PM
I hope Suzyn doesnt cry this time

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-07-07, 03:28 PM
Suzyn Waldman will host. It will include Girardi,Cash,Kevin Kennedy and Mark Feinsand.

Kevin Kennedy? Like, former Sox manager Kevin Kennedy? That's random.

Born in the Bronx
11-07-07, 03:37 PM
Kevin Kennedy? Like, former Sox manager Kevin Kennedy? That's random.

He is also the Fox baseball analyst.

Out of curiousity, why is John McCain constitutionally ineligible for the Presidency?<!-- / sig -->

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-07-07, 03:38 PM

Out of curiousity, why is John McCain constitutionally ineligible for the Presidency?<!-- / sig -->

He was born in Panama.

Born in the Bronx
11-07-07, 03:53 PM
He was born in Panama.

I could be wrong on this, I am by no means an expert on the Constitution, however, Panama was created (and controlled) by the United States. I believe McCain meets the definition of "natural born citizen".

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-07-07, 04:00 PM
I could be wrong on this, I am by no means an expert on the Constitution, however, Panama was created (and controlled) by the United States. I believe McCain meets the definition of "natural born citizen".

That's debatable, especially since it's never been brought before the Supreme Court. In my (very amateur) opinion, natural born = born in the US.

BRNXBMRS
11-07-07, 04:02 PM
Excellent, I'll be tuned in

BxBomber44
11-07-07, 04:47 PM
any way to listen to WCBS on the internet?

xenadanielle
11-07-07, 04:52 PM
Interesting, I hope I remember this is on.

traffic and weather on the 5's, actually

Ahem, it's "traffic and weather together on the 8s." :D The fact that I know that makes me a huge nerd I guess.

GrouchoNYY
11-07-07, 05:06 PM
He was born in Panama.

He was not born in Panama. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone, at the time U.S. territory. He is eligible, for all the good it's going to do him.

hardrain
11-07-07, 05:13 PM

Yes. They stream

http://www.wcbs880.com/

HelloNewman
11-07-07, 05:14 PM
In my (very amateur) opinion, natural born = born in the US.Incorrect.

Some might define the term "natural-born citizen" as one who was born on United States soil. But the First Congress, on March 26, 1790, approved an act that declared, "The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States." That would seem to include McCain, whose parents were both citizens and whose father was a Navy officer stationed at the U.S. naval base in Panama at the time of John's birth in 1936.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/junkie/archive/junkie070998.htm

Michaels07
11-07-07, 06:48 PM
Tonight from 7:30pm to 8:30pm ET.

WCBS-880AM in the NYC area.

Thanks for the Heads up.:P

Davios
11-07-07, 07:00 PM
I would listen if I ever actually felt Cash would give me any information even remotely interesting. Any Yankee news that is going to excite me is not going to come from Cashman unless he is standing on a podium ready to introduce a new acquisition....

Jersey Yankee
11-07-07, 07:39 PM
I think it's www.wcbs880.com

Winfield31
11-07-07, 07:46 PM

<!-- / sig -->

and he has a 3 hour show on XM Home Plate...he must make a ton of money, he has like six jobs. :)

yanksrule51
11-07-07, 07:54 PM
So is anybody actually listening to this. Anything of note?

hardrain
11-07-07, 08:04 PM
"Grady Little being tortured by Joe Torre...just brutal"

~ Kevin Kennedy talking to Suzyn

very true.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-07-07, 09:33 PM
If anyone wants to listen to what went down, its available here

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/1182310.php

MunsonNY15
11-07-07, 09:33 PM
Here's a link right to the audio links.

They're available for download too.

It's listed as a "hot stove" show. Does anyone know if this is will be a regular thing on WCBS? YES's hot stove show starts up next week, and I never can get enough!

EDIT: Disregard the above question. I read the page more closely (imagine!) and it says it's the first edition, so I assume there will be more.
Heidi

JDPNYY
11-07-07, 09:36 PM

Their available for download too.

It's listed as a "hot stove" show. Does anyone know if this is will be a regular thing on WCBS? YES's hot stove show starts up next week, and I never can get enough!

EDIT: Disregard the above question. I read the page more closely (imagine!) and it says it's the first edition, so I assume there will be more.
Heidi

Any time I watched the YES Hot Stove Show in past years it was discussing the same content that was discussed on this Forum a week earlier.

MunsonNY15
11-07-07, 10:11 PM
Any time I watched the YES Hot Stove Show in past years it was discussing the same content that was discussed on this Forum a week earlier.

Yeah, but it's still something Yankees related to get me through the winter. :D

Heidi

JDPNYY
11-07-07, 10:32 PM
Yeah, but it's still something Yankees related to get me through the winter. :D

Heidi

I hear ya.

JeterForPresident
11-08-07, 01:38 AM

They're available for download too.

Heidi

Suzyn says right at the beginning that this is the first of 4 hot stove shows.

BRNXBMRS
11-08-07, 08:39 AM
So is anybody actually listening to this. Anything of note?

I listened to it and they covered everything that has already been beat to death on this board a 2 weeks ago. Nothing groundbreaking.

Jersey Yankee
11-08-07, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the Heads up.:P
Anytime I can return the favor to an ol' school Yankee fan such as yourself or Al, that'll always be my pleasure!!! ;)

xenadanielle
11-08-07, 01:17 PM
I forgot to listen but caught bits and pieces on the CBS sports reports this morning but it's cool that they are doing this. I think it's the first time they've had an offseason baseball show on CBS?

MunsonNY15
11-08-07, 05:46 PM
Suzyn says right at the beginning that this is the first of 4 hot stove shows.

Thanks. I've downloaded it to my mp3, but haven't listened yet.

Heidi

ksison
11-08-07, 06:13 PM

Not sure on this, though I have a strong feeling that it is meant as being born in the Continental United States.. (50 states)

umpsrconferring
11-08-07, 07:03 PM
Who the hell let George Washington become President? He wasn't born in the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-08-07, 07:14 PM
Who the hell let George Washington become President? He wasn't born in the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;