PDA

View Full Version : Is Randy Levine Writing Phil Allard's Blog?

Born in the Bronx
10-19-07, 12:16 PM
I've enjoyed reading Phil's columns and posts over the past few years. He's a good writer and obviously a die-hard Yankee fan, but Phil, there is no defending the Yankees here. The Yankees and Randy Levine handled this Torre situation horribly!

I know you're not a big Torre fan, and there's nothing wrong with the Yankees choosing to go in a new direction, but a one year contract offer with a pay cut was embarassing and gutless. How can you defend them?

Be honest Randy, you've kidnapped Phil Allard, and you're writing his blog, right?

JOBA RULES
10-19-07, 12:27 PM
Randy Levine is the biggest peice of trash for a lack of a better word....your 110% correct there is no defending the Yankees here...they acted classless and it's pathetic

JOBA RULES
10-19-07, 12:51 PM
Yanks need a new president

fredgmuggs
10-19-07, 12:53 PM
Because the other two Randy Levine threads have already been closed by the NYYFans gendarmes, I'm anticipating a swift demise to this thread as well.

4bronxbombers
10-19-07, 12:53 PM
Because the other two Randy Levine threads have already been closed by the NYYFans gendarmes, I'm anticipating a swift demise to this thread as well.

Yep!..

silverdsl
10-19-07, 01:02 PM
Randy Levine is the biggest peice of trash for a lack of a better word....your 110% correct there is no defending the Yankees here...they acted classless and it's patheticInsults, name-calling and bashing of the Yankees management is prohibited here just like it is for the players.

JOBA RULES
10-19-07, 01:22 PM
Insults, name-calling and bashing of the Yankees management is prohibited here just like it is for the players.

sorry about that

ppa79
10-19-07, 02:01 PM
I've enjoyed reading Phil's columns and posts over the past few years. He's a good writer and obviously a die-hard Yankee fan, but Phil, there is no defending the Yankees here. The Yankees and Randy Levine handled this Torre situation horribly!

I know you're not a big Torre fan, and there's nothing wrong with the Yankees choosing to go in a new direction, but a one year contract offer with a pay cut was embarassing and gutless. How can you defend them?

Be honest Randy, you've kidnapped Phil Allard, and you're writing his blog, right?

You better be careful because Phil is very good and respected poster and this post by you is a direct attack on him.

Yankeesfan811
10-19-07, 02:21 PM
Randy Levine is the biggest peice of trash for a lack of a better word....your 110% correct there is no defending the Yankees here...they acted classless and it's pathetic

amen.....absolutely right.

Born in the Bronx
10-19-07, 02:24 PM
You better be careful because Phil is very good and respected poster and this post by you is a direct attack on him.

Like I said, I like Phil, but I'm not allowed to strongly disagree with the guy?? In addition, his blog's comment section is not up yet.

bigjf
10-19-07, 03:16 PM

Levine aside, Phil is wrong here. I just read the article and he says stuff like the Yanks need to move on. And he says he has felt that way for some time now because he feels "stuck in the past" and "the present is no longer working." What exactly are we moving on to? It's hard to do much better than what the team has done with Joe. I know it's been said so often the past few weeks that it's almost a cliche, but the playoffs, especially the first round, are a crapshoot for the most part.

Joe has spoiled us, and I'd like to see what Phil Allard has to write if the Yanks don't make the playoffs next year under whatever new manager. Realistically, in order to suitably replace Joe as manager, the Yanks need to at least make the ALCS next year. And based on Randy Levine's words, who claims that he gets up every day with the goal of winning the world series, that is what must happen now, or else it's a failure, based on their guidelines. Good luck with that, guys. If we happen to go into another playoff drought, forget World Series drought, I wonder if Mr. Allard will still feel that Torre kept the team "stuck in the past."

Don't get me wrong. It's the right mission statement, it's the right goal. For a team like the Yankees, it should be the only goal. But it has to be put into perspective that it's not realistic. It is what to shoot for, but not making it every year is not an abject failure.

For anyone who can't defend Torre in this case, it just puzzles me as much as this whole situation baffles me.

B in ALB
10-19-07, 03:19 PM
yeah, but Levine has 4 rings, 6 pennants, and 12 straight playoff appearances!

oh wait, that's right - Levine hasn't done jack sh1t.

B in ALB
10-19-07, 03:21 PM

Yeah, right to the Gulag you'll go!

bigjf
10-19-07, 03:22 PM

He rode Torre's coat tails ever since he got here. Let's see what happens now that he is apparently running the team [right into the ground].

tdel23
10-19-07, 03:24 PM

I know it's pretty fashionable to kill Levine right now, but does he really have that much of a say on player personal?

bigjf
10-19-07, 03:25 PM
I know it's pretty fashionable to kill Levine right now, but does he really have that much of a say on player personal?

Based on this situation, I think it's apparent that he has quite a bit of influence.

Toaderly
10-19-07, 03:39 PM
Randy Levine is the ultimate thread killer.

scooterfan
10-19-07, 03:53 PM
Based on this situation, I think it's apparent that he has quite a bit of influence.

About all we know is that he was the hatchet man who got the enviable job of announcing Joe's departure, and that he didn't like Joe

There is no evidence that Levine is 'in charge' or that he planned this. He's a villain out of central casting, and a convenient scapegoat.

Until I read that Levine has overruled or ordered trades, or has otherwise interfered in personnel decisions, we should watch what happens and learn from what we see. The way this offseason is conducted will tell us more about the organization than a million newspaper articles and posts...

StatenIslandYankee
10-19-07, 04:10 PM
Yanks need a new presidentBEST POST IN WEEKS!

4bronxbombers
10-19-07, 04:14 PM
Randy Levine is the ultimate thread killer.

:lol:

Tifoso
10-19-07, 04:15 PM
Phil is an absolutely great guy. Uncomfortable letting a thread stand that would equate him with someone in the Yanks top brass.

Closing