PDA

View Full Version : The Dominator Is Traded!

CalifYanksFan
07-01-01, 09:10 AM
Sabres send Hasek to Detroit

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/images/hockey/nhl/allsport/buffalo/hasek_dominik8.jpg
Dominik Hasek, a two-time league MVP, had a record of 37-24-4 this past season with a 2.11 goals-against average and a league-leading 11 shutouts.

The Buffalo Sabres have traded All-Star goaltender Dominik Hasek to the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for winger Slava Kozlov, a 2002 first-round draft pick and future considerations. The Sabres had until midnight Sunday to pick up the $9 million option on Hasek's contract, trade him or lose him to unrestricted free agency. The club announced the deal just before 1:30 a.m. (et) and said further details would be available later today. It was not immediately known if the Sabres or Red Wings picked up Hasek's option or whether Detroit restructured the netminder's deal. Hasek, a two-time league MVP, had a record of 37-24-4 this past season with a 2.11 goals-against average and a league-leading 11 shutouts. He also won his sixth Vezina Trophy as the league's top goaltender. The 36-year-old native of the Czech Republic won the Hart Trophy as league MVP in 1997 and '98, becoming the first goaltender in league history to win the award twice. Hasek led the Czech Republic to the Olympic gold medal at the Nagano Games in 1998, but has yet to win hockey's ultimate prize, the Stanley Cup.

DandyRandy48
07-01-01, 06:19 PM
I choked on my strawberries when I saw that. Why couldn't he come to the Isles, though? No, they have to sign Garth Snow. :rolleyes:

Danmel
07-01-01, 06:39 PM
Who is Garth Snow, anyway? I had heard they were bringing back Kevin Weekes-i guess not! My son will be disappointed.

DandyRandy48
07-01-01, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Danmel
Who is Garth Snow, anyway? I had heard they were bringing back Kevin Weekes-i guess not! My son will be disappointed.

Damn, he used to play for Philly and Vancouver. Was never that good... but hey, they at least got Yashin and Peca. Maybe they can get my all time favorite player, Alexei Kovalev.

silverdsl
07-01-01, 10:11 PM
Wow, I can't believe they traded Hasek! What do the Sabres do for a goalie now?

Cat Man, I like Kovalev a lot too and I was pretty disappointed when he was traded from the Rangers but it was a lot better for his career to go to the Pens.

-Deborah

#1PaFan
07-02-01, 05:44 PM
:lol: Man, Russ I thought you were talking about our old buddy. Heh heh heh...

http://www.macconsult.com/bogart/images/caine/caine1.jpg

SuperMario66
07-02-01, 09:04 PM
I will cry if Kovilev has to leave Pittsburgh and go play for the Isles! He was such a great contributor last year that I can't imagine him gone.

allybear
07-02-01, 09:17 PM
Super Mario - I agree 100% on Kovalev - going to the Pens was the best thing for him - all that "potential" we kept hearing about during his Rangers years came out when he was a Penguin.

I remember Snow from his Pens days as well - he was the losing goalie in that 5 OT playoff game against Philly. He is a good solid veteran goalie and should be a good influence on the Islanders' young goalies.

Super Mario - what do you think about the latest word out of the Igloo - we might/probably will lose both Kasparitis (Danmel - your son should be a happy boy - what I heard is he wants to go back to the Island and they want him back) and Jagr. Now...I like the Rangers too, and so I guess having Jaromir here in NYC would be cool, although the Rangers have such a history of wasting talent that I shudder to think what would happen next. I don't like losing Kaspy, though - I think he's a more complete player than Boughner, who apparently the Pens think can give them the toughness they'd lose.

Keep smiling and let's go Pens...:)

Danmel
07-03-01, 03:16 AM
I think the Isles hould strike while the iron is hot before Charles Wang loses all his money in that Proxy fight over CA! The life of an Islanders fan is never smooth-just when you get a stable owner with $$$ some Texan comes along and threatens to take it all away!

allybear
07-03-01, 07:45 AM
Well, I don't think the Isles are gonna get Kasparitis back now...Boughner just signed with Calgary. Someone has to watch Mario's back!! :lol:

Danmel
07-03-01, 08:12 AM
Maybe Dave Schultz can lace em up again-

Remember the Broad Street Bullies?
Bobby Clarke (back when he had hair) would instigate a fight and Schultz would come in and pound the daylights out of the opposition!

b-ball-lunachick
07-03-01, 08:14 AM
good move for Detroit...

It's funny with all the trade talk surrounding Tino in the past few weeks, my Met fan brother used to jokingly call Tino the Dominator because with Chuck playing second, he thought he looked more like a hockey goalie...any chance to rip on the Yanks, those dang Met fans!! :D

YanksRockMan
07-03-01, 09:47 AM
Speaking of Detroit, they just signed the Los Angeles Kings' Luc Robotaille. The Isles don't need Kovalev. They already got Peca and Yashin, two outstanding players.

DandyRandy48
07-04-01, 01:30 PM
Two outstanding players dont make a whole team.