PDA

View Full Version : Nick Is Slumping



rajah
06-29-01, 12:30 PM
NJ's batting average has declined to .250 as of 6/28, after a particularly tough game in which he went 0-5 with 4 ks. He has not been the same since he came back from his wrist injury. I wonder if he pressed himself back into action too soon to dispel thoughts of his fragility after last year's injury. Whatever the reason, let us hope that this is just a little bump. He is very important to the Yanks' future.

KLJ
06-29-01, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by rajah
NJ's batting average has declined to .250 as of 6/28, after a particularly tough game in which he went 0-5 with 4 ks. He has not been the same since he came back from his wrist injury. I wonder if he pressed himself back into action too soon to dispel thoughts of his fragility after last year's injury. Whatever the reason, let us hope that this is just a little bump. He is very important to the Yanks' future.
this should make all the tino lovers happy

DandyRandy48
06-29-01, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by rajah
NJ's batting average has declined to .250 as of 6/28, after a particularly tough game in which he went 0-5 with 4 ks. He has not been the same since he came back from his wrist injury. I wonder if he pressed himself back into action too soon to dispel thoughts of his fragility after last year's injury. Whatever the reason, let us hope that this is just a little bump. He is very important to the Yanks' future.



He's only human... give him time.

Nome
06-29-01, 02:46 PM
Most Tino lovers are Yankee fans. We (they) get no satisfaction in seeing NJ slump.

Frankly with our anemic bench I would like to see him here and spell 1B and the OF and DH to get some AB's and the experience that he needs.

IrishDancer
06-30-01, 10:11 AM
I agree; seeing hm up here soon would be nice. :)

#1PaFan
06-30-01, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Nome
Most Tino lovers are Yankee fans. We (they) get no satisfaction in seeing NJ slump.



Absolutely, Nome.

CalifYanksFan
07-01-01, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by KLJ

this should make all the tino lovers happy

Why would we be happy one of our hottest prosepects is injured? That's silly Kyle. Tino can't play forever and I'd like to think we've got a sure fire replacement for him. Nick Johnson just got named to the minor league allstar squad so he must be doing something right. Seems to me all of you might be a little disappointed you might not get Tino out of town as fast as you thought you would.

KLJ
07-01-01, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CalifYanksFan


Why would we be happy one of our hottest prosepects is injured? That's silly Kyle. Tino can't play forever and I'd like to think we've got a sure fire replacement for him. Nick Johnson just got named to the minor league allstar squad so he must be doing something right. Seems to me all you might be a little disappointed you might not get Tino out of town as fast as you thought you would.
hey, i realize martinez is the 1st baseman for the rest of this season and i am pulling for him as much as the next guy.. from some of the comments i have seen from a few forumers, i don't think i was out of line in the least suggesting that some don't mind seeing johnson struggle..

let's just hope tino has a great 2nd half and we can argue about these 2 another time.. like the off-season

oakie
07-01-01, 11:22 AM
Think that most of us "TINO LOVERS", are also sensible Yankee Fans. We would want to see Tino finish out the season with a BANG! Just as a replacement for Paul O'neill seems to be in the works, Nick Johnson is the Yankees future. As a SENSIBLE Yankee Fan, I hope the future, meaning Nick Johnson, succeeds and continues to make great leaps and bounds!

But, I will continue to root for Tino, and success for him, too, as long as he continues to be part of the Yankees!

CalifYanksFan
07-01-01, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by KLJ

hey, i realize martinez is the 1st baseman for the rest of this season and i am pulling for him as much as the next guy.. from some of the comments i have seen from a few forumers, i don't think i was out of line in the least suggesting that some don't mind seeing johnson struggle..

let's just hope tino has a great 2nd half and we can argue about these 2 another time.. like the off-season

Well saying that ...."some don't mind...." vs ...."all the tino lovers happy" is quite a bit different. The all included me and I'm not happy to see Nick Johnson struggling. We just want Tino to do well and if he does and it earns him an extension great. If not and he goes elsewhere, then at least he goes out on top. And if he leaves, I want to be absolutely sure Nick is healthy and playing well.

Gator
07-01-01, 01:04 PM
In yesterday's game, Johnson went 2-3 with 2 RBI and 2 walks, pushing his On-Base % back above .400

SkooterPhil#10
07-03-01, 04:34 PM
It doesn't really matter what happens to him this year. He'll still be the Yank's one-bagger next year.

bagger015
07-03-01, 11:50 PM
:) everyone slumps. even in a person's career year there are down times.
slumps are part of the game. no big deal. :p

madforyanks
07-04-01, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by KLJ

this should make all the tino lovers happy

Excuse me, Kyle, but that's just idiotic! I don't even celebrate Pedro's injuries, because injuries to a player are horrible.

An injury to Nick would, I admit, have a peripheral benefit if it shut the Tino-bashers up (and btw did you happen to catch last night's game--not just the home run but the incredible defensive play?). But even that doesn't seem to have happened.

Bottomline: I'm a Yankee fan! Why should I celebrate an injury to Nick Johnson? (And, again after last night's game, if I were mean enough to wish an injury on anyone it would probably be Randy Keisler. I don't wish even him harm. I just wish him out of the rotation--and preferably back in Columbus.)