PDA

View Full Version : Tony LaRussa= Hypocrite

MattManNWO
05-08-07, 02:22 PM
God I HATE Tony LaRussa. Sad thing. I used to respect the man. Now, when he went and talked about Josh Hancock's death, he made no mention to his mistake.

What I'm about to say, I may get suspended for. But please mods, don't. I think all people who drive drunk should end up in one-car accidents. Obviously, one car because I don't want it to affect innocent people on the roads.

If you don't know guys, Mr. LaRussa was drunk at the wheel in Florida during Spring Training. Not only that, but he fell asleep at the wheel in the middle of the road.

He had no right speaking about Hancock's death unless he brought up his own bout with driving while intoxicated.

This is no joke here, but a bunch of my heroes/people I respect have driven drunk lately.

Let's see.

1. Tony LaRussa
2. Dontrelle Willis
3. Tracy Morgan
4. Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeover. Yes, I respected that man. Go Google his name in the news portion of Google to see what he did last night.

And seriously, I can go on.

Jeesh. People are not what they seem to be.:mad:

Sam18
05-08-07, 02:25 PM
Seek help.

MattManNWO
05-08-07, 02:27 PM
Oh my god. I should seek help? These are people that are intentionally driving drunk and could kill innocent people out on the roads. I just felt LaRussa should have mention, or even a reporter, when he was talking about Hancock's death.

I never drive drunk. I would not dare do it.

yankeebot
05-08-07, 02:33 PM
Drunk driving is horrible. Everyone agrees with that but people make mistakes. I disagree with you about LaRussa on Hancock, though. As the manager of the team, he has an obligation to speak on Hancock. He should not make it about himself. The two episodes are unrelated.

Workhorse
05-08-07, 02:34 PM
Better unretire #1 and #7 then, eh Matt?

MattManNWO
05-08-07, 02:43 PM
How the hell can you say it's a mistake? You know you're drunk before you drive drunk. Jeez. These jerks could have killed people on the roadway. I don't like speeders too.

But jeez, I can't be upset that people you would never expect to drive drunk, drive drunk?

yankeebot
05-08-07, 02:49 PM
How the hell can you say it's a mistake? You know you're drunk before you drive drunk. Jeez. These jerks could have killed people on the roadway. I don't like speeders too.

But jeez, I can't be upset that people you would never expect to drive drunk, drive drunk? Of course you're right to be upset. But what is it you think should be done?

Coney36
05-08-07, 02:53 PM

But jeez, I can't be upset that people you would never expect to drive drunk, drive drunk?

It's a mistake in the sense that it was a bad judgment call by the person who decided to drink and drive. We all make those, just some are more deadly than others. I don't think anyone actually condones what LaRussa did.

Panamaniac42
05-08-07, 09:03 PM
Maybe Tony LaRussa, Ty Pennington, and Co. weren't able to start threads on a whim at NYYFans so that others could help make their life decisions for them.

Nome
05-09-07, 06:35 AM
God I HATE Tony LaRussa. Sad thing. I used to respect the man. Now, when he went and talked about Josh Hancock's death, he made no mention to his mistake.

What I'm about to say, I may get suspended for. But please mods, don't. I think all people who drive drunk should end up in one-car accidents. Obviously, one car because I don't want it to affect innocent people on the roads.

If you don't know guys, Mr. LaRussa was drunk at the wheel in Florida during Spring Training. Not only that, but he fell asleep at the wheel in the middle of the road.

He had no right speaking about Hancock's death unless he brought up his own bout with driving while intoxicated.

This is no joke here, but a bunch of my heroes/people I respect have driven drunk lately.

Let's see.

1. Tony LaRussa
2. Dontrelle Willis
3. Tracy Morgan
4. Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeover. Yes, I respected that man. Go Google his name in the news portion of Google to see what he did last night.

I have been around a long time and I guess I am jaded. I have no "heros. There are a lot of people that I might respect, but I realize that everyone, especially myself, is flawed to some degree. But it no longer surprises me when a flaw shows up in a person I respect.
I can respect a person and not agree with them or what they do. For instance, I respect Bobby Bonds for his talents and what he has done on the field. I respect Pete Rose for his baseball abilities. I respect George Bush (I don't want to turn this into a political forum) yet there are lots of points of disagreements I have with lots of these people.

In time you will see what I mean.

Andy

silverdsl
05-09-07, 08:38 AM

Let's see.

1. Tony LaRussa
2. Dontrelle Willis
3. Tracy Morgan

Jeesh. People are not what they seem to be.:mad:All drunk drivers should end up in accidents? You may not drink and drive, but what if a family member or close friend made a mistake and got behind the wheel after a drink or two? Would you still wish an accident on them? I have a major issue with drinking and driving myself, and I think that those who do so need to face the consequences of their actions no matter how severe they might be. However, I also understand that good people can make mistakes and do things that they shouldn't do.

And I fully agree with the point brought up above that LaRussa shouldn't have brought up his own issues, because it's not about him, it's about the death of a player he managed, who was very well-liked by his teammates and others.

Astroholic
05-09-07, 08:46 AM
Because the press conference was to morn Hancock's death not talk about himself. I'm sure if he brought up his own mistake you'd be in here complain he doesn't care about his players and just cares about himself.

tulskir
05-09-07, 12:03 PM
Because the press conference was to morn Hancock's death not talk about himself. I'm sure if he brought up his own mistake you'd be in here complain he doesn't care about his players and just cares about himself.

Yea that makes no sense, why exactly should LaRussa bring up his own drunk driving problems while talking about a dead player. All he should say is how shocked he is, how good a person he was, and that he sends his best to the guys family.

brosiusbuddy
05-09-07, 07:05 PM

Let's see.

1. Tony LaRussa
2. Dontrelle Willis
3. Tracy Morgan

Ignoring that disgusting remark you made about people who drive drunk, you should evaluate yourself if for no other reason than the list of Tony Larussa, D-Train, Tracy Morgan and Ty Pennington contains one or more of your heroes.

As for that ridiculous remark. Maybe people make poor decisions or form bad habits, but is that any reason to put the people who care about them through hell in having to deal with a loved one in a car accident?

You should be suspended because if this is your train of thought than you obviously have nothing good to contribute to this board.

webassign
05-09-07, 08:15 PM
Because everyone is perfect.

MattManNWO
05-09-07, 09:40 PM
They are putting other people's lives in dangers. DWI a bad habit? Alright. Let me take back the one-car accident comment. People driving drunk should be put in jail for a minimum of 60 days.

MattManNWO
05-09-07, 09:44 PM
I have a huge gripe about this because I know two people that have driven drunk, and one almost ran over another person (from what he told me).

i just feel that driving drunk is a pre-mediated thing. If you know you're going to drink a lot, take a cab to and fro or get a designated driver.

I have been a member of this board for four years and feel like I've contributed my share. I'm a bit of a humorist in game threads as well.

I don't feel like I should be suspended. It was a brash comment, and something that hit home.

It's just that I've been let down by celebrities who have driven drunk.

Not Paris Ho-lton though.

brosiusbuddy
05-09-07, 09:47 PM
I have a huge gripe about this because I know two people that have driven drunk, and one almost ran over another person (from what he told me).

i just feel that driving drunk is a pre-mediated thing. If you know you're going to drink a lot, take a cab to and fro or get a designated driver.

I have been a member of this board for four years and feel like I've contributed my share. I'm a bit of a humorist in game threads as well.

I don't feel like I should be suspended. It was a brash comment, and something that hit home.

It's just that I've been let down by celebrities who have driven drunk.

Not Paris Ho-lton though.

In order to be let down by celebrity, it would mean you hold them to some high standard. Why? Celebrities are entertainers. No one ever said that went hand in hand with a role model. Because celebrities have some special talent they should be exemplary citizens? Especially in this day and age where you don't even need talent anymore to be a celebrity, they shouldn't be held in such high regard.