PDA

View Full Version : I'm new around here

TheCaptain15
06-24-01, 01:18 PM
Hello, everybody!

I'm a new member of this message board. My name is Frank. Some other particulars about me....

Born: Bronx, NY :cool:
Date: Aug 21, 1964
Residence: Daytona Beach, FL :cool:

I have been rooting for the :NY: Yankees since I was a little boy. I grew up in NY & CT and used to go to about 15-20 games a year. Though I love living in Florida, I still have Yankee withdrawls...I only get about 19 games to watch on TV, but I went to my first spring training game (They got killed by the red sox) & I am going to see the Yanks in 4th different park this september at Tropicana Field. (I also attended games at Shea ('74-'75) , Fenway park & of course, The Stadium.

Well, enough about me...I'm looking forward to having intelligent discussions and debates on this board, unlike other boards that will remain nameless...MLB.com...::o:

Talk to you later,

Frank

# 21 Forever
06-24-01, 02:23 PM
Welcome Frank! I'm Kathy! Glad to have you join us. I hope you really enjoy it here. We have a great community of people. Happy posting! :D

flyankgrrrl
06-24-01, 02:33 PM
Hello and welcome...neighbor. :D I live about 40 mintues from Daytona Beach. Rough being a Yankee fan down here, but the one good thing about it is that when there is a game on tv, it's extra special. :) Or at least that's what I tell myself. :lol:

bagger015
06-24-01, 02:36 PM
:) welcome to the boards of the best team in baseball. ;)

Kim*21
06-24-01, 04:43 PM
Hi and welcome, Frank! I love seeing all us Florida people on the board! I'm about an hour or so south of Daytona Beach. I grew up in CT and been down here for about 10 years, I love living here, but I hear what you're saying about withdrawal. It's tough. Have you ever gone to Spring Training in Tampa? If you haven't, you should, there's nothing like it :D

I'm hoping to catch a couple games at the Trop next time the Yanks are back, couldn't make it this weekend.

Anyway, enjoy and I hope to see you around the boards.

DW Fan
06-24-01, 06:26 PM
Welcome Frank,
Enjoy! :NY:

ClayBelle
06-25-01, 12:19 AM
Welcome aboard! Happy posting! :)

ZYANK
06-25-01, 12:10 PM
:) Welcome! :)

JeanC
06-26-01, 01:33 AM
Welcome Aboard Frank!!!

You think Florida is far for having withdrawal symptoms!
Try Southern California!!! Now we get the Yankees here
only for one series a year! Its sooooo depressing but then
again So special when they come! And Yes thats What
Makes Directv Sooo Special For Me to see as Many Yankees
Games as I can!!!

Enjoy posting!!!

:D

b-ball-lunachick
06-28-01, 12:17 AM
Hey Frank...welcome to bb!! Love your screen name too...I loved Thurman and when he died, my friend and I as young girls wore black arm bands for a week...I think our mothers were ready to take us to a child psychologist!! :D I just posted a story in Just Conversation about the Captain...

Anyway, great to have you here...happy posting!! :)

allybear
06-28-01, 03:34 PM
Hi Frank! Welcome aboard! I went to Daytona Beach on my honeymoon a couple years ago (among other places) - we had a great time! :) My hub said it was the best part of the honeymoon, but that's just because he sat in the car Dale Earnhardt :( won the Daytona 500 in!

Anyway, keep smiling and welcome...:)

Eddie160
06-28-01, 06:51 PM
Welcome Frank good to see another Yankee fan in Florida I'm 2 hours to the north wow you know I was born in '65 and raised in Brooklyn now about the Yankees withdrawl there is an easy remidy it's called direct tv mlb package they show alot of Yankees games on there atleast 3-5 a week anyway check it out it's worth the money and you will no longer have withdrawls :D BTW I like the name you picked Thurman was the man !

Jimbo
06-29-01, 07:54 AM
Frank,
Welcome to Yankees fan nirvana....

:cool: :smokin: :cool:

SkooterPhil#10
07-04-01, 11:25 PM
Welcome to Bronx Bombers!:cool:

TheCaptain15
07-09-01, 07:04 PM
Hey, everyone, Thanks for the welcome....I'm sorry not to have responded but I've only been able to get online a couple of times the past week (My Home PC was 'in-the-shop' & i could only access from work) But I'm back, and am glad to see I have a lot of cyberfriends out here. I'll be posting real soon. Again thanks for the nice welcome, sometimes it's difficult to find someone to intelligently talk baseball in Daytona Beach the CAPITAL OF NASCAR.

Thanks again.

Let's a strong Second Half & Post Season!

TheCaptain15
07-12-01, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Kim*21
Hi and welcome, Frank! I love seeing all us Florida people on the board! I'm about an hour or so south of Daytona Beach. I grew up in CT and been down here for about 10 years, I love living here, but I hear what you're saying about withdrawal. It's tough. Have you ever gone to Spring Training in Tampa? If you haven't, you should, there's nothing like it :D

I'm hoping to catch a couple games at the Trop next time the Yanks are back, couldn't make it this weekend.

Anyway, enjoy and I hope to see you around the boards.

Kim,
Where in CT are you from? I was Born in the Bronx, but I grew up in New Haven, CT, spending 26 Yrs there before moving to FL...I went to a Spring Training game this March, my first, we got killed by boston. But the facility is great, they even have MAJOR LEAGUE PRICES!! I'm going to the trop on sept 15th & 16th. I'm looking forward to that. Next year I'd like to go to Miami or Atlanta (Wherever they play) although I believe we'll be playing the western division next year. Anyway. Thanks for welcoming me and I'll see you around.

#1PaFan
07-12-01, 05:57 PM
Welcome HOME, Frank. :)

Butnud
07-12-01, 06:49 PM
hey all.........

welcome aboard!

IrishDancer
07-20-01, 07:27 PM
I spent 12 years in Hamden, CT, but then my family moved out to Illinois; I, too suffer :NY: withdrawal symptoms. :(

cman
07-22-01, 06:13 AM
Captn on the bridge!
Ten Hut!

Welcome aboard sir, and yes, you have found the right place to have a good meaningfull discussion about the greatest team in the history of sports.

:NY: