PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Thread (Sticky please)

Big_E
04-04-07, 09:52 PM
For people you can't demote, but want to retain their rights...

Snatch Catch (Sycamore Style) is reserving Roger Clemens.
His salary for 2007 is now $6.

He is being released, but cannot be signed by any other team.
If Clemens is signed by a MLB team, Sycamore Style has 7 days to add him to his roster once he is activated. If he does not, Clemens becomes a Free Agent.

Someone please sticky this thread.

Big_E
05-06-07, 06:22 PM
Rich Hill was added back to the Corporation
Roger Clemens was dropped. Clemens was reserved by Sycamore Style. Sycamore Style has 7 days after the Yankees activate Clemens to add him to his active roster. If that does not happen, he will become a Free Agent.

gdn
05-06-07, 06:24 PM
Who qualifies for this?

Big_E
05-06-07, 06:31 PM
Anyone who you can't use; a player who is unsigned by a team (like Clemens) OR someone who was demoted to the minors but is ineligible to be demoted in our league (because they have over 50 IP or 130 AB).

The catch:

You either:

(A) Add $5 to their base salary and their contract stays the same,

OR

(B) Immediately sign them to a 2-year contract extention. (A $1 player would then be signed for 2008 and 2009 at $9 per year, for example). Keep in mind there is a penalty for releasing a player signed to a long-term contract, too.

However, if you do either of those things, you can release the player from your roster while they are ineligible. You then pick them back up when they return. If you don't add them to your ML roster within 7 days of their return to the majors, you lose their rights, and they become Free Agents.

Big_E
06-09-07, 09:33 AM
Assuming the game is not rained out today, and Clemens is healthy enough to start, the clock starts ticking on him tomorrow.

If Clemens pitches today, Sycamore Style will have until June 16th to re-sign and activate him. If not, on June 17th, he will be declared a Free Agent.

Big_E
06-16-07, 10:23 AM
I am reserving Jon Lester.

He was activated off the DL, and demoted to AAA.

His base salary for 2007 was $10; I am chosing to add $5 to that, rather than signing him to a two-year extention. His salary has been updated to $15.

ruthianblast
06-16-07, 12:35 PM
Reserving Sowers; he is already on a 2 year deal; so I don't know if I need to add $5 or what. I do not wish to sign him for any longer period so just add $5 if necessary. Thanks.

Big_E
06-16-07, 01:16 PM
Reserving Sowers; he is already on a 2 year deal; so I don't know if I need to add $5 or what. I do not wish to sign him for any longer period so just add $5 if necessary. Thanks.

I updated his salary to $18. He is now reserved for you.