PDA

View Full Version : Marlins New Closer? Fish trade Petit for Jorge Julio.

TheGameEpisode2
03-26-07, 03:43 PM
Marlins acquired RHP Jorge Julio and cash from the Diamondbacks for RHP Yusmeiro Petit.
We can't imagine the Marlins wanted Julio unless it was to close. He can't be trusted to come into games with men on base, so the ninth inning is the best situation for him. Still, he won't be any sort of lock to close all year long. With ERAs of 4.57, 5.90 and 4.23 the last three years, Julio has pretty firmly established himself as a below average reliever. He'll probably have a couple of good months for the Marlins, but when all is said and done, the team could realize it would have been better off without him.

Diamondbacks win this trade IMO.

Haywood2K6
03-26-07, 03:48 PM
Fish have enough SPing, I have never really been impressed with Petit's stuff. Not a bad trade for D-Backs though.

YankeePride1967
03-26-07, 04:12 PM
I've watched the Marlins 10 games this spring and while it may be tough to give up on Petit, they really need Julio.

JeffWeaverFan
03-26-07, 05:25 PM
Quick - run to your fantasy team to pick up Julio.

Good trade for the DBacks by the way. I haven't seen much of Petit but he projects as a back end starter, and, even if he doesn't work out, the DBacks aren't giving up much in Julio. And if he does work out, they have the guy under control for 6 years.

flymick24
03-26-07, 10:28 PM
wow, julio gets passed around more than a $5 hooker

hardrain
03-26-07, 10:42 PM

Hell no, I have Rivera, Street and F-Rod closing for one team!

TheYankee
03-27-07, 09:26 AM
Did somewhere in the 15-20 range of our draft last night.

TheYankee
03-27-07, 09:26 AM
Hell no, I have Rivera, Street and F-Rod closing for one team!Cripes, how many teams are in your league? 4?

Panamaniac42
03-28-07, 10:02 AM
I picked up Julio last week in anticipation, so I'm happy.