PDA

View Full Version : Anyone decorated kids room full of yankee stuff?

YanksFanTillDeath
02-07-07, 11:53 AM
looking for some ideas for my little one he is already watching games with me so I have to get him the love the Yankees early, what better than to decorate his room, I was thinking about the mural but man $300.00 for a image?
I will be using the yankees colors for the room, any input or images you guys have will be appretiated.:eek:

yankeebot
02-07-07, 11:55 AM
How old is he?

YanksFanTillDeath
02-07-07, 11:58 AM
3 :eek:

ATNY
02-07-07, 12:16 PM
My son is turning 3 and i am planning on doing the same thing. I am doing Navy on the bottom half of the wall, a yankee boarder in the middle, and gray on the top. The fathead decals are alot cheaper then those murals so i plan on going with them.

yankeebot
02-07-07, 12:31 PM
http://www.sportskids.com/superstore/MLB/Yankees/c/6058.html

This site has a lot of reasonably priced stuff: bedding, drapes, furniture, accessories, etc. I purchased a comforter from them a few years ago and it's held up well. I've also had good luck decorations from the Party Store. Once the season starts, they have half an aisle of Yankees decorations. Some of it disposable junk but some good stuff, too. And a little creativity goes a long way!

YanksFanTillDeath
02-07-07, 01:51 PM
http://www.sportskids.com/superstore/MLB/Yankees/c/6058.html

This site has a lot of reasonably priced stuff: bedding, drapes, furniture, accessories, etc. I purchased a comforter from them a few years ago and it's held up well. I've also had good luck decorations from the Party Store. Once the season starts, they have half an aisle of Yankees decorations. Some of it disposable junk but some good stuff, too. And a little creativity goes a long way!

Thanks the draps are a go from there... they will look sweet

BRNXBMRS
02-07-07, 01:56 PM
Usually before opening day one of the NY papers has a poster of a different player each day. How did you get your 3 year old to sit for 9inn? I cant get mine to do it.

YanksFanTillDeath
02-07-07, 02:05 PM
My son is turning 3 and i am planning on doing the same thing. I am doing Navy on the bottom half of the wall, a yankee boarder in the middle, and gray on the top. The fathead decals are alot cheaper then those murals so i plan on going with them.

Play with the colors on this site... it has a lot of combinations
http://www.mostcolorfulfan.com/baseball.html

What are the fathead decals?

YanksFanTillDeath
02-07-07, 02:11 PM
Usually before opening day one of the NY papers has a poster of a different player each day. How did you get your 3 year old to sit for 9inn? I cant get mine to do it.

If I only lived in NY :eek:, I am in Miami excape NY 20 years ago..:D

Easy I make a lot of noise on any paly so I guess he gets excited

BRNXBMRS
02-07-07, 02:15 PM
If I only lived in NY :eek:, I am in Miami excape NY 20 years ago..:D

Easy I make a lot of noise on any paly so I guess he gets excited

Then check out ebay, you could probably pick up some nice posters/pictures for a good price with out going to the poor house. Good idea with the noise.

http://sports-cards.search.ebay.com/yankees_W0QQa43240Z43460QQalistZa43240QQfromZR34QQgcsZ1845QQpfidZ2637QQpfmodeZ2QQreqtypeZ1QQsacatZQ2d100

ATNY
02-07-07, 02:19 PM
Play with the colors on this site... it has a lot of combinations
http://www.mostcolorfulfan.com/baseball.html

What are the fathead decals?
Here is the Fathead MLB link.

http://www.fathead.com/fatheadsweb/productlist.aspx?league=mlb

They are great logos for your wall.

utopiapkwy
02-08-07, 06:44 AM
We had a discussion about pinstriping in another thread at my request. I took many people's advice and am putting in a chair rail next week with pinstripes below it, while above with the interlocking NY logo painted. Looking forward to doing it next weds. Got the paper from discount-wallcoverings.com. The image isnt clear that it is the right color blue, so I called them and aske what color blue the pinstripes were. The very nice woman said "Yankee blue, thats what you want right? We get alot of calls about that."

Born in the Bronx
02-08-07, 09:24 AM
My daughter just turned 3. My wife won't let me decorate her room with Yankee stuff, I'll have to try to have a boy next time.

My daughter does have some great Yankee outfits though.

ZIM 2002
02-08-07, 03:05 PM
A poster on the bedroom wall over my son's bed when he was young -unframed - became the target for his pitching practice in little league, and he's now playing club baseball as a college freshman. Posters given to 14 and unders at games are good for this.

MassNYYfan
02-10-07, 12:06 AM
Well right now my 4 month old has the Tino Martinez poster they gave out 2 years ago and a Yankees lamp/night light, but that's about it. A baseball glove with Derek Jeter's autograph in the palm but that's not too noticeable if you're just standing in the room.

Whatever you do, please for the LOVE OF GOD make it baseball related. Sounds retarded, but my brother in law (Sox fan) said he's going to do a "Red Sox room" for my 3 year old nephew. Then he tells me he's going to put pictures of the ARod/Varitek fight everywhere, including one blown up really big. Good grief.

Definitely go with a FatHead or 2. Those things are awesome. Check the site to see if they are still running the buy one get one free offer they were running around the holidays!

Good luck!

4bronxbombers
02-10-07, 08:05 AM
Well right now my 4 month old has the Tino Martinez poster they gave out 2 years ago and a Yankees lamp/night light, but that's about it. A baseball glove with Derek Jeter's autograph in the palm but that's not too noticeable if you're just standing in the room.

Whatever you do, please for the LOVE OF GOD make it baseball related. Sounds retarded, but my brother in law (Sox fan) said he's going to do a "Red Sox room" for my 3 year old nephew. Then he tells me he's going to put pictures of the ARod/Varitek fight everywhere, including one blown up really big. Good grief.

Definitely go with a FatHead or 2. Those things are awesome. Check the site to see if they are still running the buy one get one free offer they were running around the holidays!

Good luck!

Sorry to say but he sounds like an obnoxious Sox fan. Too bad he's doing that to his kids room.