PDA

View Full Version : How the league works in a nutshell

Big_E
02-02-07, 05:57 AM
Entry Fee: $25

Keeper League: Yes

Player dispersal: Auction

Roster size: 23 active players, no bench. 4 minor league players.

Format: Rotesserie.

Categories: BA, HR, Runs, SB, RBI; Wins, ERA, Saves, WHIP, K's.

Host site: Sportsline.com (same as the original league here).

Winner gets: Trophy. No cash prize.

During the auction, each team starts with a $260 budget, to spend as they please. Money left over (that is, you don't spend all $260) is lost and useless. You must sign 23 players. Minor league players are selected later, and do not affect your $260 budget.

Bidding goes up in increments of $1 during the auction, high bidder wins the player.

During the season, you are allowed to go over your $260 budget with trades and free agent/waiver wire pickups. Free agents are worth $10. Waiver pickups are $10 or their previous salary, whichever is higher.

If you like fantasy baseball and have never done an auction league, it's a real experience. It is a much better way of dispersing players than in a draft.

chanman7483
02-02-07, 06:53 AM
If you like fantasy baseball and have never done an auction league, it's a real experience. It is a much better way of dispersing players than in a draft.

Unless you go and blow $47 on Pujols and $40 on Tejada.

Blowing your load is never good in any situation.

yanksphan
02-02-07, 09:07 AM
Unless you go and blow $47 on Pujols and $40 on Tejada.

Blowing your load is never good in any situation.

It's bound to happen at some point in your life though.

chanman7483
02-03-07, 02:54 PM
It's bound to happen at some point in your life though.

Whoops, I meant to say blowing your load EARLY is never good.

gdn
03-06-07, 05:14 PM
So the keeper contracts and new contracts given to keepers do NOT count against the 260?

Big_E
03-06-07, 05:45 PM
So the keeper contracts and new contracts given to keepers do NOT count against the 260?

Yes, they do. They will be pre-loaded into the auction site and automatically deducted from your available total.

gdn
03-06-07, 05:46 PM
Yes, they do. They will be pre-loaded into the auction site and automatically deducted from your available total.Oh shucks :P

So now I really have to think about who I want to keep....