PDA

View Full Version : Jake Peavy arrested...

flymick24
01-05-07, 06:27 PM
.. for disorderly conduct. first dontrelle, now lil' jake...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2720716

this is the best part:

Padres general manager Kevin Towers told The Associated Press he was told that Peavy was headed for a goodwill tour of the Dominican Republic with other major league players when he double-parked to drop off his bags and was told by airport police to move his car.

"The airport police told him he couldn't park his car there and he said, 'Write me up a ticket and I'll pay for it,'" Towers said. "He was arrested."

hilarious, but i had no idea peavy was such an ass...

AustinTXHorn
01-05-07, 06:31 PM
I don't think that he really comes off as an ass. Of course, I'm assuming that he did that because he thought that he was going to be late for his flight. Of course, if he was on time, then that's just strange.

JeterRodriguezSheff
01-05-07, 07:12 PM
I don't think that he really comes off as an ass. Of course, I'm assuming that he did that because he thought that he was going to be late for his flight. Of course, if he was on time, then that's just strange.

I tend to agree, but maybe its just the fact that I could see myself doing something similiar if I had the type of money he does and if I was in a hurry or if it was just one of those days.

JavyVazquezIsSick
01-05-07, 07:13 PM
Thats awesome, good for him...

edwardthomas34
01-05-07, 08:11 PM
Haha.If you made as much money as he does,a parking ticket is a small matter.

aeromac76
01-05-07, 08:38 PM
.. for disorderly conduct. first dontrelle, now lil' jake...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2720716

this is the best part:

hilarious, but i had no idea peavy was such an ass...

I doubt that is the whole story..
If you park illegally and you refuse to move, then they can ticket you or tow you, but you cannot be arrested, at least I don't think...

flymick24
01-05-07, 10:05 PM
he was arrested for disorderly conduct. i think refusing to move your car and then offering to pay for a ticket on the spot falls under that category.

Casey37
01-05-07, 10:17 PM
This whole thing sounds very odd. There's gotta be more to it.

nhyankeefan
01-05-07, 11:28 PM
I know it's at an airport and there is much more stringent parking regulations there, but there has to be to the story than what we're hearing. I don't believe for a second that all he did was say "write me a ticket" and got arrested for that.

Stick Michael
01-05-07, 11:41 PM
If he has to serve time and the inevitable question of, "So, what are you in here for?" arises his street cred will be destroyed. If the best answer Jake can up with is, "I offered to pay a parking ticket." then he better damn well not drop the soap!

James

Pancake
01-06-07, 12:37 AM
I know it's at an airport and there is much more stringent parking regulations there, but there has to be to the story than what we're hearing. I don't believe for a second that all he did was say "write me a ticket" and got arrested for that.

I think Peavy also told the parking person, "Call a real cop", when that person told him to move his rig or he would get a ticket. Something tells me that is why he got arrested. I read that yesterday but could not remember where so sorry for the missing link. :D Get it? Missing link? Ha! It's late.

Anyway, I thought it was really ironic that this all occurred at the beginning of his good will tour. I guess the good will didn't start until he got OFF the plane.

JeterRodriguezSheff
01-06-07, 01:41 AM
If he has to serve time and the inevitable question of, "So, what are you in here for?" arises his street cred will be destroyed. If the best answer Jake can up with is, "I offered to pay a parking ticket." then he better damn well not drop the soap!

James

You know I was thinking about what I would do if I was in a similiar situation. I have come to the conclusion that I just would not whipe my ass.(Think about it for a second)

Sam18
01-06-07, 01:51 AM
You know I was thinking about what I would do if I was in a similiar situation. I have come to the conclusion that I just would not whipe my ass.(Think about it for a second)

Prison folk don't care.

shroud
01-06-07, 01:56 AM
Knowing airport regulations I don't think Peavy did much to get arrested... he's lucky he wasn't arrested for terrorism.

Ken Phelps Bat
01-06-07, 11:30 AM
ahhh yes americas finest boys in blue take another dangerous criminal off the streeets! good for them. I hope they did a full body search cause lord knows maybe he might have had a plastic fork on him and was planning on taking out people. The only people with bigger more annoying ego's and power trips than pro athletes...the cops.

JeterRodriguezSheff
01-06-07, 11:39 AM
Prison folk don't care.

Yeah I sort of posted that when I was drunk...my bad

DiMaggio5CF
01-06-07, 12:12 PM
I doubt that is the whole story..
If you park illegally and you refuse to move, then they can ticket you or tow you, but you cannot be arrested, at least I don't think...

Blocking vehicular or pedestrian traffic = DisCon.

Stick Michael
01-06-07, 03:09 PM
I'm curious to know whether he was cited for 'violation' or 'misdemeanor' disorderly conduct. That could be a clue as to the circumstances of his arrest.

James

35Knucklecurve
01-08-07, 08:43 AM
I think Peavy also told the parking person, "Call a real cop", when that person told him to move his rig or he would get a ticket. Something tells me that is why he got arrested. I read that yesterday but could not remember where so sorry for the missing link. :D Get it? Missing link? Ha! It's late.

Anyway, I thought it was really ironic that this all occurred at the beginning of his good will tour. I guess the good will didn't start until he got OFF the plane.
:lol: - yeah charity is supposed to start at home.

playap5th
01-08-07, 09:59 AM
this story was hilarious the first time i heard it. and with how serious they take airport security now im kind of not surprised it happened either. i really think there is more to it thou

Jersey Yankee
01-09-07, 01:51 AM
I'm curious to know whether he was cited for 'violation' or 'misdemeanor' disorderly conduct. That could be a clue as to the circumstances of his arrest.

James
Doesn't matter. If he drops the soap, there may just end up being a "violation" of sorts anywho!!! :gulp::O :P

BillBuckner
01-09-07, 04:09 PM
Haha owned.

JDPNYY
01-09-07, 09:09 PM
Is Jake out of jail yet?

Huktonfonix
01-10-07, 01:09 AM
He committed a crime. There go his HoF chances.

destiNY
01-10-07, 01:15 AM

you would think...It depends if MLB feels they may be 'responsible' for this...

SoCal Pinstriper
01-26-07, 11:59 AM
The Mobile (Ala.) County District Attorney's office yesterday dropped a disorderly conduct charge against Padres pitcher Jake Peavy after Peavy personally apologized to the airport police he allegedly defied Jan. 4.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070126/news_1s26peavy.html

NelsonMuntz
01-26-07, 11:00 PM
It was a crime of passion. Let it go.

TwentySeven
01-28-07, 12:02 PM
I've actually met the guy before, he comes off as a real nice guy. I'm guessing that he was just in a bit of a hurry and figured that he could just pay them chump change later - he was on the trip as a goodwill tour member!