PDA

View Full Version : Sisco dealt...... For Russ Gload!?!?!

Davios
12-16-06, 11:46 AM
I don't know what to say. It really baffles the mind. Here is rotoworld's take. In my opinion, Dayton Moore was very obviously overrated as a baseball guy in Atlanta if he is willing to make moves like this.

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=471 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Royals acquired first baseman Ross Gload from the White Sox for LHP Andrew Sisco.
Awful. At least Rafael Soriano for Horacio Ramirez could be justified by the not quite non-existent chance that Ramirez could somehow be a No. 3 starter in the AL. Gload is a 30-year-old backup first baseman with little chance of being more than a useful pinch-hitter going forward. Sisco is a 24-year-old left-hander with terrific stuff who the Royals made the mistake of forcing into the bullpen. Players like Gload are available as minor league free agents every year. Players like Sisco become available only when you're lucky enough to catch a bad GM on the right day. We're growing less impressed with Dayton Moore by the minute. Gload can hit a little in his limited role, but he's no better equipped to help the Royals than Justin Huber is. Huber is probably the next youngster Moore will sell off for at a big discount.
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsRightBorder>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD><TD>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff" width=10>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/left_corner_bt_player_news.gif</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: url(../images/bottom_border_player.gif) #ffffff repeat-x">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THEBOSS84
12-16-06, 12:03 PM
I remember watching Sisco pitch vs. us in the 05 season and telling guys in my office his name and that he was the next big thing. This trade is rediculous...rediculous. Makes you wonder if Moore actually shopped him around because I would think that Cash would be all over this if he was offered Sisco for...any C level minor leaguer.

Panamaniac42
12-16-06, 12:05 PM
Horrible.

Had Cash known they were looking for 30-year-old AAAA first basemen, I'm sure it would've been bye bye Andy Phillips.

PinstripePride
12-16-06, 12:06 PM
What a poor decision. Sisco strikes out a LOT of guys and has a helluva lot more potential than this Gload character.

Mark19
12-16-06, 12:13 PM
Sisco has fantastic potential. Gload is a AAAA slugger.

What a damn shame, I guess Drayton is no better than his predecessor.

gdn
12-16-06, 12:13 PM
Ahahahahahah!!! :lol:

Cuban Connection
12-16-06, 12:40 PM
Gload has no role with the White Sox because of Thome and Konerko, but I still don't think he's a fit for the Royals.

Even if Sisco sucks, we can send him down.

NYDCYankee
12-16-06, 12:42 PM
Oh gosh! Kenny Williams is probably gloating somewhere right now.

nycdoc999
12-16-06, 12:49 PM
Damn, probably could have gotten Sisco for Eric Duncan....

Would have allowed us not to deal for Gonzalez and keep Melky and Proctor....

It's no wonder the Royals are such a crappy franchise.

NYDCYankee
12-16-06, 12:57 PM
Damn, probably could have gotten Sisco for Eric Duncan....

Would have allowed us not to deal for Gonzalez and keep Melky and Proctor....

It's no wonder the Royals are such a crappy franchise.

Duncan?

Phillips is a more accurate comparison.

In Mo I Trust
12-16-06, 01:01 PM
Wow, this makes no sense.

apolansk
12-16-06, 01:44 PM
On top of Sisco being the better player, don't the Royals have Ryan Shealy at 1b after their trade with the Rox?

CallOfTheCrow
12-16-06, 03:07 PM
so he's gone from being the backup 1B of a good team to a backup 1B on one of the worst teams in baseball?

.....erm.....?

Panamaniac42
12-16-06, 03:10 PM
On top of Sisco being the better player, don't the Royals have Ryan Shealy at 1b after their trade with the Rox?

Yes Shealy and as the blurb mentioned, Justin Huber from the Mets. Just a mindless trade.

CallOfTheCrow
12-16-06, 03:24 PM
Next thing you know, they're going to trade Alex Gordon for Chone Figgins.

Cone36
12-16-06, 05:10 PM
Oh gosh! Kenny Williams is probably gloating somewhere right now.

you mean . . . gloading somewhere right now . . .

flymick24
12-16-06, 05:11 PM
you mean . . . gloading somewhere right now . . .

you just had to, didn't you....

Panamaniac42
12-16-06, 05:45 PM
Next thing you know, they're going to trade Alex Gordon for Chone Figgins.

David DeJesus for Michael Tucker, anyone? Veteran leadership...

RollingWave
12-16-06, 10:34 PM
And Angel Berroa for..... oh wait.

seriously though, this trade makes no sense. i thought Gload could catch though?

flymick24
12-17-06, 07:26 PM
who knew that he'd be worth ross gload even?

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/def_soul/sisqo/sisqo2.jpg

gamesix1977
12-18-06, 11:16 AM
This is why the Royals are where they are.

SecretChiSoxFan
12-25-06, 10:10 PM
To do this in your own division is just insane by KC. I can't wait to see what Cooper can do with this kid. After what Coop did with Jenks and Thornton in the pen (making those two dudes nasty in a hurry) I like the move. Aardsma may also benefit greatly from working with Coop this year.

parkerstrong
12-25-06, 10:34 PM
Who on the Royals is still decent? Apparently doing drugs is a requirement to be their GM....now is the time to try and pry anyone away from them.

destiNY
12-25-06, 10:53 PM
How did I miss this trade????

Randomly checking Around the Majors trade and this is what I see, the Royals can't be serious

CallOfTheCrow
12-27-06, 11:37 AM
Who on the Royals is still decent? Apparently doing drugs is a requirement to be their GM....now is the time to try and pry anyone away from them.

drug him up then trade Phillips & Pavano for Gordon.

TheDozen
12-27-06, 01:12 PM
In the long run, I don't think Burgos for Bannister looks very good for KC, either.

JeffWeaverFan
12-28-06, 12:24 AM
I wish Cash could have jumped in on this one... The only possible explanation is that the Royals, for whatever reason, really like Gload's bat... Doesn't make sense. Jesus it must suck to be a Royals fan.