PDA

View Full Version : White Sox/Angels Trade?

NY Yanks 333
11-28-06, 03:32 PM
I have heard that the white sox and angels are close to this deal

garcia
crede
for
santana
figgins

if you ask me the angels are getting ripped off and if theyre gonna get this value 4 santana we should jump in

JeterRodriguezSheff
11-28-06, 03:35 PM
I have heard that the white sox and angels are close to this deal

garcia
crede
for
santana
figgins

if you ask me the angels are getting ripped off and if theyre gonna get this value 4 santana we should jump in

I think Crede was a fluke last season, I think Figgins is very overrated and I think Garcia's arm is done. So I gess the White Sox win because Santana is a nice potetional number 2 pitcher.

In Mo I Trust
11-28-06, 03:36 PM
I like this deal for the Sox.

Edit.

TommyK8
11-28-06, 03:44 PM
Word has it that the White Sox want to peddle Crede because he's represented by Scott Boras, and they refuse to negotiate with Boras. As Crede approaches free agency, the need to trade him increases unless they want to have to work with Boras, which they've said they won't do.

NYDCYankee
11-28-06, 03:45 PM
I heard this on ESPN radio too.

Clearly Figgins is the worst player in the deal. And the Angels arguably would get two All Star caliber players. I agree the Angles get the best of the deal.

Dynasties R Forever
11-28-06, 04:03 PM
Word has it that the White Sox want to peddle Crede because he's represented by Scott Boras, and they refuse to negotiate with Boras. As Crede approaches free agency, the need to trade him increases unless they want to have to work with Boras, which they've said they won't do.

Boras = :evil::bad:

simmy886
11-28-06, 04:06 PM
I don't think this deal makes sense for either team. I thought the whole reason Garcia is expendable is because they have 6 starters, so if they are trading him, why would they want another starter back? Santana isn't as valuable to them as he would be to teams without fully stocked rotations...

Cuban Connection
11-28-06, 05:19 PM
I'm not sold on Santana, yet.

Will somebody please explain to me his horrendous home/road splits, and his small frame being able to support his stuff even with previous battles of shoulder and elbow tendinitis?

just-blaze
11-29-06, 02:45 PM
Bad trade for the Right Sox.

Trader Kenny at it again.

Mattpat11
11-29-06, 03:30 PM
I don't think this deal makes sense for either team. I thought the whole reason Garcia is expendable is because they have 6 starters, so if they are trading him, why would they want another starter back? Santana isn't as valuable to them as he would be to teams without fully stocked rotations...

I still think there's something no kosher about Garcia. The idea that he willingly took five mph off his fastball and kept them off even as his numbers were suffering is too strange.

gamesix1977
11-29-06, 04:17 PM
So this isn't a done deal yet? I heard it reported on the radio, but maybe I wasn't listening closely.

JeffWeaverFan
11-29-06, 04:21 PM
Well, I do think both Figgins and Crede are overated. Santana is the pitcher I would want most in that deal.

Mr. Mxylsplk
11-29-06, 04:30 PM
So this isn't a done deal yet? I heard it reported on the radio, but maybe I wasn't listening closely.
Nope. Rotoworld says the Sox are denying it.

Spiker101
11-30-06, 07:16 AM
I like this deal for the Sox.

Edit.

Who wins this deal would depend entirely on whether the Angels could get Crede and Garcia extended past '07.

In Mo I Trust
11-30-06, 07:32 AM
Who wins this deal would depend entirely on whether the Angels could get Crede and Garcia extended past '07.

Eh, I don't love Crede and Garcia is on the decline. Extending either of them might not work out so well, especially with Crede and his bad back. Santana is the most valuable property in this discussion.